SOD: Days Renewal News

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meh. I've already given up on Days,it's so horrible now. I'm getting to the point where I'd rather see it end, instead of the yearly "plans to save Days", and the constant creative turnovers that end up all flopping because they are all prevented from writing what they want to by that idiot Corday.

• Members

Port, I love the pic of "Knots". It's one of my favorite all time shows. I loved Abby Fairgate, she was the perfect blonde soap "b%#ch"!

I really hope you are right about Ed Scott calling the shots for this round of cuts, but I have a hard time believing Corday will let him have much creative control. Scott is a detail oriented person (look at his past work..), and though his influence was noticable at first, it looks like it has let up since the writers strike (The plane crash was incredible though). The only place it is noticable is in recent casting (Roscoe Born, Tamara Braun, Kevin Dobson, Joe Penny, and Shawn Christian).

I bet, by the end of this year, a fanbase will be up in arms over a major firing. Days current cast is incredible (Nichols, Hall, Alfonso, Reckell, Evans, Drake, Thaao, Hunley....), and thats the problem. The budget was most likely cut, so heads will Most Likely roll. Not a sure thing, but a probable thing.

Scott may want to cut some fringe teens, while Corday cries foul and cuts a power couple. I hope YOU are right, but this show has proven the last twenty years that longstanding popularity does not equal job secruity. Good News: The show will bring any of the cut actors back, if it survives 2009.

• Members

Id days has t let people go it shouldnt be hard...

start with MBE&SN who had a horid return. Move onto people like Daniel & Ava (whom i love!). Take out nadia b...

many people can go.

as long as days has hobo/jarlena/sami IMHO, it will be ok.

Archived