SoapNet Gets a Revamp

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As long as I still get Y&R every damn weekday at 7:00 p.m. and the OLTL marathons on my lazy Sunday afternoons, they can show all the shallow waste-of-space entertainment crap they want.

I'm just wondering when this fascination with celebrity and fame will disappear like Ghost John on Y&R Wednesday? Were we ever this obsessed with gossip in our American history?

• Members

LOL, you sound like my friend. When she says she is watching the news she is referring to E! News.

But on the topic, it seems like Soapnet is trying to get the younger crowd. It started with One Tree Hill and now it continues with this junk. The last thing we need is more celeb news.

• Members

I think the obsession with gossip has been there as long as there have been "stars." What's changed is the technology...the increased methods of communicating it and consuming it. If things like television, cable and the internet had been invented a hundred years ago, the people then would have been inundated (beyond just print media and movie reels) with stories about Valentino, Chaplin, etc.

Archived