SoapNet Gets a Revamp

• Members

i am going to love - to be honest.

the new site looks amazing and much better than the old one. it seems like it willa ctually have a lot more info pictures and news about the soaps as well as adding in celeb gossip and style.

do not see the big deal.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So if Soapnet.com is to be believed, AMC centres on Ryan Lavery and his many women: Kendall, Greenlee and Annie.

Oh and there's some actress on it named Susan Lucci, who is only relevant because she plays Kendall's mother.

:rolleyes:

• Members

In SoapNet's defense, wasn't it reported that Another World have an 18-49 demo of basically 0.0?

Apparently the stuff people are up in arms about (One Tree Hill, the Saturday Night movie etc) get much better ratings than any of the traditional soap content.

• Members

Yep, that's true. AW was a dismal failure for Soapnet, so I understand them removing it from their schedule and replacing it with shows that skew toward a younger audience. If they need to revamp Soapnet to make it as successful as possible, I'm fine with that. I just wish there was a outlet meant for those 40+ years old dedicated specifically to old soaps and obscure nighttime soaps (King's Crossing, Secrets of Midland Heights...anyone remember those?) There's a channel for EVERYTHING nowadays. Some of them are for nostalgia purposes and not all of them are necessarily trying to woo the 18-49ers, for example, the Western Channel or TMC. Why can't there be a similar outlet for soaps?

• Members

i Agree. people don't realize this. but it's a smart move. for GH that is. since soapnet is becoming the new MTV. their will be allot of new younger viewers that don't even watch soaps tuning in. imagine when they see a promo of Jason in a shootout. or a mob war promo well their watching celebrity news. GH can surely benefit from this change. Brian Frons is a genius. :D

Archived