GH: Week of April 7th

• Members

The only time I actually liked the character of Carly is when Tamara Braun played her. I thought Sarah Brown did a good job with Carly but I didn't like the character. She managed to make me feel sorry for Carly once and that was when she was walking in the rain to the FOD announcement party. Other than that I only liked her and Sonny as a package. I liked Laura Wright as Cassie on GL but I don't really care for her interpretation of Carly. I don't do filtering well so I can't just ignore everything I've seen Carly recently do and drum up sympathy for her because she's upset. They should have toned Carly down weeks before this.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Go KATE! Putting Lulu in her place like that had me cheering. Who the hell is Lulu to think she can prevent a possible mob war from starting? Kate was right, Lulu really is a spoilt twentysomething who thinks the world starts and ends with her.

• Members

Don't s-say that! don't you EVER say THAT!

SHOW ME THE PICTURE!

:(

I mean gosh is there even a comparison? Braun was a brilliant actress who knew how to work her scenes. Her Carly was real and she was believable. Seriously Wright needed to take notes. She has yet to do a scene with one thousandth of that emotion within her. The two aren't even comparable. ew.

• Members

LMAO! Just watched on SN and Kate going off on Lulu was the highlight of the week.

Loved Jason and Sam's scenes and thats a surprise since I usually hate them. I saw some of that old connection they once had and it was good seeing them civil for a change

• Administrator

Wasn't that great??

Lulu: "I would just like a little compassion, okay. I was late this morning because I was helping my family and trying to prevent a mob war from starting. Sonny is going to blame Johnny Zachara and I know he didn't do it."

Kate: "And did you accomplish your mission of mercy, Lulu? Tell me what gave you the impression that a grieving mother sitting vigil with her brain injured son could benefit from your counsel and advice. And did you think that this so called mob war can be stopped by a spunky little know-it-all? Tell me how were your noble efforts received today, Lulu? Did you set everyone's priorities straight? Did you accomplish anything at all? You know you can consider yourself so independent and original but it’s almost amusing that you don't see yourself the cliche that you really are - a typical spoiled twenty-something that thinks the entire world begins and ends with her."

GO KATE!!!!!!!!! :)

• Members

it made me ball.

and i am a huge fan of LW as carly. i lvoe LW and think she plays carly exactly how she is written and gh wants her played. now if that makes her the most amazing actress is up for discussion, but she is doing her job. i would much rather them play what they are suposed to play then try and change it and throw everything off like soema ctors do.

also, i think tams had a greater advantage in both the way carly was written, as a woman who was torn between right and wrong and kenw it and tried to do better but never could manage vs a smug whinny selfish shrew who cares about no one but jason - and in acting partners. now i lvoe ingo, but int he past few years he has phoned in most scenes. ted king always stepped up and knocked it out of the park. and mo, well in those scenes and even overall when tams was carly he actually acted - jow he mumbled and stands there looking. comparing LW's carly and TB's carly is like compainf Laura Spencer to Sami Brady. they are such comp diff char's - and to be hoenst, even thoe show is comp diff.

• Members

I'm not the biggest fan of this Carly right now either. Not because of Laura Wright, but because of the way they've turned Carly into this unsympathetic whiny shrew. But I felt for Carly yesterday. Especially in the scene when Lulu was telling her it wasn't Johnny. You could tell she was just shocked and disgusted that Lulu would even talk to her about the mob stuff right outside the hospital room of her comatose son. It was so disgusting! And the look on Carly's face said it all. The way she just looked at Lulu and then walked away said more than any screaming or yelling or talking would accomplish.

Jason was amazing today as well. His scenes at Michael's bedside were great. If Liz changes her mind now I think it might kill him. What a horrid situation. And I just love Rick Hearst. I think he is way underated. His scenes with Kate were perfect. Comparing how he knows how she feels. Loved it.

And definitely the highlight of the day was Kate calling LULU on her crap. LOVED THAT!!

• Members

Mary Sue Price wrote yesterday's episode. I'm not as familiar of her work as, say, Karen Harris, but I was impressed. Mainly because of all the different people interacting with each other who wouldn't normally interact.

-Ric and Kate was unexpected and proved that Rick Hearst has chemistry with pretty much anybody.

-I liked the unspoken moment of understanding between Liz and Sam.

-Laura Wright toned it down and her effectiveness as Carly soared WAY up. The way her look hardened as she realized ShrewLu was only after one thing -- protecting Yawny. Spoke volumes! And underscored once again why I despise that selfish little excuse for a hair weave Lulu.

-Lulu beatdown by Kate. Yes! Long time in coming!

-LOL. The little boy playing Spencer was so cute. I couldn't tell if he was scared of the horse or of Tyler Christopher! Speaking of TC, Nadine is sweet but TC needs to be more present in his scenes with her.

-JACKIE ZEMAN! Bobbie was so maternal and tender with Carly and while I am not LW's biggest fan, these two have great mother-daughter chemistry. And then, later with Luke, Bobbie's anger and frustration at the whole situation spilled out. It was the "Barbara" that Luke knows best -- and we the audience used to know.

And when she said it would almost have been better if Michael had died, it was a rather shocking statement but it didn't come from a place of cruelty but rather understanding. Wow, that was such a good scene, and it again makes me ask why, WHY are there not more scenes involving Bobbie. Either at the hospital or in Carly's life. Or how about a story in her own right?!

[/rant]

Sorry. I found some episodes of Stone's death and Jason & Robin's first kiss on my computer yesterday and I've been pining for Old Skool GH ever since!

Archived