GH: Week of April 7th

• Members

IA. I think to a certain extent they have simplified Carly to the point where she is one-note and just hard and cold and bitchy. TB could do bitchy, definitely, and I don't think she was as accomplished an actress as, say, Sarah Brown or even Laura Wright (who is a Daytime stalwart). But TB had an X-factor about her, IMO (<----please note, detroitpiston! ;) ) and made me sympathize with Carly as a heroine. There was empathy in her Carly. And vulnerability. Like she was honestly trying to do the right thing some of the time. Her Carly, though, was certainly written as much more passive and subservient to Sonny's needs.

And don't get me started on Tams and Ted King. Honestly, I was captivated by those two and would rate their chemistry up there with Mo and Vanessa.

I'm so pissed that I can't see your embedded video. Damn firewall. <_<

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

cat, i love you. just so you know.

I agree. tams was not the actress Sarah brown was or even that LW is. She came on and i liked her - she was okay - but i awlays felt she was in over her head for that first year. but once she found her fotting, OMG. when they let her and gave her something to act she knocked it out of the park. Her carly was a heoine, sarah's was a vixen with a heart, jenifers was crazy, and lauras is a smug selfish bitch. i think all 4 are talented and all 4 deserves props. yes even jennifer. also, i dont think sarah brown would have worked in the role with how it was written under tams. i dont link laura could have either. because again, they are like comp diff roles. and granted the writers may change the writing to fit the recast, but i dont agree with them doing that. sure play the char to the strong suits of the actress in the role, but a comp new char is not needed.

idk. i love laura and tams both and think they both did amazing in the role thye had. same for sarah brown, who i really think is sooo overrated.

and i agree with you about T&T - they had chem that was soo up there. up there with mo & vanessa for sure. when tams' carly was with alcazar you could see the change.

• Members

awww, jp, formerly DegrassiFan! Feeling the urge to hug :) and share an old avatar of T&T's CarLo:

57.jpg

I am having a bet with a GH-watching friend. That by the end of next week, we will have one scene with Sonny in the GH chapel. 'Cuz Sonny's got a Direct Line to God. :rolleyes:

10-17_307.jpg

"I... you know what?... I... need You... to do this one thing for me, man!"

• Members

I really don't know what to say about Lulu. I think she is so completely wrong for coming to Carly and trying to get her to stop the mob war considering Micheal is in a coma. I think she was being selfish and just in general self centered and she didn't have any sympathy at all for what she was going through. However she did not deserve Kate's bash in my opinon. Yes she was wrong however she was trying to stop the violience Sonny himself started. None of this would have ever happended had Sonny not been proactive and tried to kill Johnny. So Kate needs to take her anger and frustrations out on the person who truly deserves them: Sonny Corinthois. Not Lulu who is more or less just trying to stop the violience and keep the peace. More over her insults had nothing to do with anything. Was she seriously knocking her for being an independent woman? Where the hell was her tirade going?

• Members

i couldnt disagree more for the simple factt hat a whinny spoiled brat with no experience either in the field or in college that gets an internship with a woman like Kate Howard should ever show up late - let alone over 3 hours and not even call - and then act like a diva and demand some compassion. that and the fact that ever single word was spot on and long overdue.

i have always loved and supported lulu until yesterday. how could she go to carly and plead for her to get sonny to not go after johnny when carlys child is in a coma? carly even looked at her like 'wtf, r u kidding me?'. yesterday proved she is the most whinny selfish self obsessed spoiled little bitch in port charles. furthermore - it IS johnny & claudias fault this happened. yes sonny is in the mob and sonny brings danger around his children - however johnny & claudia put a hit out on him and his son was shot instead, they are far from innocent in this.

• Members

Lulu has a set of brass balls on her yesterday. First she had the gall to go to Carly, a mother sitting bedside of her comatose son and thell her that "Jonny didn't do it" and "Tell Jason so he can tell Sonny"! That little bitch had stepped all outside herself then. Carly's look said it all. I was like "Bitch you MUST be crazy to come to me with this." And then wanting sympathy from Kate...she must have forgotten who she was dealing with. I'm glad Kate ripped her because it was exactly what she deserved. What Lulu said to Carly was selfishness at it's peak.

• Members

Even though there needed to be a scene with someone putting Lulu in her place, I don't think Kate should have been the one to say to her what she did. Kate should tell her off about what's job related but the mob related things should have come from someone else and not Kate. I just see it as the GH norm where they have the wrong people giving out saying certain things so that it is easier to retract later. It gives some viewers instant gratification that they feel is long overdue but it's coming from the wrong source and it's more of their not taking responsibility for their shoddy writing.

• Members

I can't stand Kate's diva-esque attitude so it's really hard to take her seriously. In the sense of fashion and her magazine and "business" aren't really important. Atleast in terms of story. So it's hard to respect her "work" and her business. Especially since we haven't seen a real business storyline about it ala Y and R. Also Megan Ward doesn't do intimidation very well more over she isn't strong in emoting a sense of authority so Kate comes off insincere in her intimidation techniques and her scenes where she authorative or "in charge". Those scenes may work when she is yelling to her underlings (the extras) however they do not work on scenes with characters we have seen for years.

I don't see how being an independent woman has to do with anything about being late. Lulu may be self obsessed but that has nothing to do with the mob war. None of her tirade was really relevant to the topic of Lulu being late or her trying to stop her mob war. The independent woman thing was straight out of left field.

Doctor Delvin was the one who was wrong for shooting Micheal. The Zacchara's are wrong for calling out the hit on Sonny. However had Sonny not attacked Johnny in the first place the hit would have never taken place as Johnny wanted piece. It's Sonny's own fault that Micheal was shot due to his choices in handeling the Zacchara's.

• Members

SJB AKA THE REAL CARLY was the Best with Maurice and Steve PERIOD.

When TB came in the role, I hated her but after a year. I started to warm to up the NU Carly even though the writers suddenly did a 360 on the character and made her likeable :angry: . CARLYBABE wasn't SUPPOSED TO BE LIKABLE, only love to HATE B) . When JB came on, thought she didn't looked part but I enjoyed her crazyness :lol: . LW made me HATE Carly again like with Sarah's version which is a good thing and since Carly's Miscarraige. I've been really impressed with LW acting and she her material lately is so Emmy Worthy.

• Members

I think it is a shame the way they have written Carly in the past being as selfish as she is. I say this because LW is pulling at my heart strings as a mother willing her child to come out of this situation. I think it would be even more emotional if they actually tried to set things up (and more than one day) where Carly showed she was a concerened parent. I really hope that they could maybe use this as a turn around story for Carly (but don't have much faith in Guza).

Love Love Love Kate totally putting Lulu in her place. Lulu is just as selfish as Carly (if not more at times) and she just expected the world to stop because something affected her. Also the gall of Lulu to keep going around town saying that Johnny had nothing to do with it. Why feel the need to say that unless you really think there is a chance he did. <_<

Claudia needs to be shipped out of town. I am so over her. The sticking her nose in Patrick's business about "how" Robin got pregnant was a joke. This character can't get out of town quick enough. I am finding myself liking Nadine/Nicholas more each day. I enjoyed the comic relief with Diane and Alexis. I just hope they continue to keep these two as friends because their scenes are great together.

Archived