GH: Week of April 7th

• Members

I just wanted to get to say upfront that I am not going to be sympathetic to any of the characters over Michael. It's not because I don't care for Michael (which I don't). I know because he's a child it's supposed to make me feel bad but because of the awfully lazy writing it, seeing it did nothing for me. A few weeks or so ago they had this boy accidentally cause Kate to be shot and they basically whitewashed the whole thing as if he'd merely taken candy out of a jar after being told not to, simply because it was easier. Now maybe a few scenes prior to getting shot, they finally have him face Kate in this quickie attempt to say all is well so she can basically become a source of blame in his shooting.

IMO, the mob is ever spreading on PC because it's an easy source of conflict. The problem is that for the most part the resident mobsters are presented as men with bigger hearts and more integrity than the average citizen of PC, and they coexist peacefully with them and I see invoking danger intermittently as lazy. Either the mob is a constant threat and danger and the citizens should be afraid or they're not and can live harmoniously with everyone.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i have sympathy for them, even it is the chocies they made that led to this. its still sad. it will be so much more powerful if they own up to the part they all played in this tho. i would be chocked if that happened.

it looks good. i just hope for some more great liason and maxie.

• Members

Wales2004 said it better than I ever could. GH wants to give us plot-fuelled conflict without having its beloved "heroes" own up to their own heinous crimes.

Given the way AJ Quartermaine was maligned, humiliated and made out to be the "dangerous" father throughout the Opie Opus (mainly because two actors were "dying" to work with each other), I am THRILLED that it has come to an end, at least temporarily. That particular SL drove GH to its ruination, IMO.

Not holding my breath for Scummy, Snarly and Jason to accept any kind of responsability in any of this, though. I might respect them more as characters if they did.

• Administrator

No matter how hard they try, I don't think I'm ever going to like Jerry. They can try to show him as the "good guy" or "hero" or "romantic lead" or "guy threatning big bad evil Ian," I'm not going to root for him. He hasn't paid for killing Alan and for blowing up the Metro Court. And now he doesn't want to kill Sonny because "he doesn't want to hurt Jax"???? Please.

Best scene today was Jason/Robin.

• Members

First, SID's ad is contradictory. I can't remember it verbatim but in the beginning they said Sonny and Carly lose Michael forever. Towards the end they ask is he really gone. Uhmm, if they lost him forever (which is a finite word) then he's really gone. They lie so terribly.

I didn't feel sorry for any of them nor was I emotionally moved by the performances which were like any other day full of lip service. Had I seen Carly be more of a mother to Micheal then maybe I could drum up a little compassion for her and if they were clever, they would have spent a week leading up to this by creating this (quickie) bond. But they didn't and I can't just drum up sympathy because they decided to have a little boy be shot in the head. I'm still working on that there were no ramifications from his terrible parents after he left Kate to die.

Okay so now there is a code regarding children? Does that mean that all these years they weren't protecting the kids from possibly being killed? I love making it up as they go along.

Why is Jerry now the avenger of shot children when he had no qualms about shooting a pregnant woman? Ooops I forgot that no one is supposed to remember this. Oh and I guess no one is supposed to notice the Zaccharas and tomorrow Trevor who are suspiciously gathered at the hospital. I know that they showed Dr. Idiot shooting but what are the chances that Trevor was actually behind this and is trying to start his mob war which should end in his demise?

The only honest thing that was said today was Johnny's little guilt speech about the mob and the pretenses. And still Lulu wanted to make out like it just ain't so. Right.

Next week we'll find out if this shocking attempt to drum up ratings worked or not.

Oh and Cat, did you love how Sonny blamed Jason and Carly blamed Sonny. At least Johnny included himself in the blame. I know it's my fault for encouraging them to write this trash by watching it.

• Members

I think what made this story work so far for me is that we saw how this event affected multiple people for different reasons. I thought LW was great. I especially loved right at the end when Sonny went and blamed Jason for not doing his job. Carly was totally right on getting right into Sonny's face about it. Sonny can never admit he is wrong. Before with Michael's missing he blamed the wrong people and is doing the same thing. Wait until Carly finds out that Sonny told Max/Milo to take the night off that he didn't need any security that night. And I still think they are heading toward a break up of Sonny and Jason. I would love to see these go to war between these two.

I will agree with Toups as well that no matter what they do I am not going to have any sympathy for Jerry or want to see him win. But I have pretty much written off the messed up story of Jerry Jax that I can ignore pretty easily Guza's try to make me care about the character.

Archived