Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

I’ve read an article from 1984 that said NBC invested $12 million into the biggest and newest videotape production facility in the US designed specifically for a daytime drama. Bridget Dobson said that they had the largest and most exciting studio with sets that are unequaled.

I can see that because this soap has many different sets compared to others and also some very big ones like the Capwell house. Still, I wish it has more exteriors. It’s great when you watch scenes on location. It makes the show more realistic.

Edited by Connelly

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Is there a time on SB where you just lost interest and you were never invested in the show again? For me, it was when Roberta Bizeau was let go. I thought Flame was such a good character and had great potential, and then the backstage stuff just ruined it. I would read summaries and watch the occasional episode after that, but I never returned it as a faithful viewer. 

• Members

I'm on episode 34. Jed Allan is the one and only C.C. Capwell for me, but Peter Mark Richman was quite good and now is out. Paul Burke, his replacement, is the worst. But it's interesting 3 Dynasty guys played C.C. Capwell (if we are counting Lloyd Bochner who was really the original C.C as we saw in the first promos from the first episode). Also I read Lloyd Bochner filmed a few scenes like the one in the harbor with Joe Perkins from episode 4.

• Members

Peter Mark Richman was my favorite CC from Santa Barbara 1984. Too bad they couldn't get him to continue. 

I will never understand how Paul Burke was so, so bad on Santa Barbara. He wasn't like that when he was the lead in Naked City and 12 O'Clock High, primetime shows of the 1960s.