Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

In all fairness, the Shapiros were hardly better writers than the Dobsons. Whatever Dynasty had going for it, it was neither the scripts nor the quality and coherence of the plots.

Funny because if you read a few pages over I was struck by this scene too when I started rewatching SB from scratch. It was not just cringe and awful writing but it was such a bizarre thing to think and think people would find it hot. Mark my words: the Dobsons must have had a very kinky sex life.

Where did you read about it? I am only piecing things together from this thread and I'd be interested in the whole story.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, Augusta and Lionel were supposedly based on the Dobsons- so champagne bubble baths and getting turned by food. Make of it what you will....

I found SB excepts of Allan's memoir on the french site. TPTB invited Allan and Bateman to the same Christmas party. Bateman asked what role Allan was playing. It got awkward from there. 

http://santabarbara-online.com/index2.htm

• Members

how did Bateman not realize he 'd be fired? C.C. was comatose for weeks/months...In every soap parody, it is the beginning of the end for an actor....Many actors didn't make it in the C.C so he could have been suspicious...

I liked Bateman... He had chemistry with everyone..acting classic but solid...

Not fond of Allan...

And curious about Lloyd bochner...His introduction to C.C  in a tv  promo was intriguing and appealing. Too bad he bad a heart attack (but survived rather the opposite of his Dynasty character, Cecil Colby).He had style, nobility and wits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqkXG3gixtA

Edited by spike99
add video