All: Grade the soaps

• Members

Grade the soaps currently.

AMC: B

Major improvements have been made in 2008. We have Angie back which is a total positive as well as Jesse. I canot wait for them to finally see each other. The writing has been so much better. AMC is watchable and I FF very little now. If they keep going on this route they can get an A by Spring.

ATWT: C

That hack of a writer needs to go. All she can do is have very good balance. I want more Luke/Noah time! :)

B&B: A-

Excellent!!!!!!!! I love every story!

DAYS: C+

Wow. Much DRAMA behind the scenes. But I gotta admit I have been watching more and FF less. :) Also Marlana on every episode in January was a HUGE plus. But fire MM and BB was a BAD CHOICE!!!

GH: B+

I love the show right now. Claudia is great! My LuSam!

GL: D-

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Nothing is on

OLTL: A

Perfection! :) Everything is right for the show! :)

Y&R: B-

Much improved every scicne LML is not writing!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just grading the soaps, I'm currently watching:

Y&R-

A: I'm, really, just enjoying the show, as a whole. Liking all the characters/couples. I'm finding it to be really refreshing.

B&B-

A: See Y&R

ATWT-

B-: Points off for the Sophie, Gwen and Will story and also the firing of Scott Bryce. Am enjoying the Jack/Carly-Lily/Holden story

GH-

B-: I don't like the mini-mobster Michael-find it to be stupid. Would be more interested in seeing Michael, wanting to reconnect with the Q's and Sonny/Carly not allowing it. But am enjoying the other stories. Very intrigued by Claudia.

• Members

AMC: D

The show is still awful. Jessie and Angie are the only things keeping this soap above a 2.0 in the ratings.

ATWT: B

Lots of vets on now. The show has more balance.

B&B: B-

The stories are currently not as good as a few weeks ago.

DAYS: C+

The show has improved.

GH: C

The show is still not my cup of tea.

GL: F

Sinking faster than the Titanic.

OLTL: D

Way too many newbies. The return of Allison Perkins and the Mitch crap again. I just dont see the appeal of OLTL right now. I still think it is bad.

Y&R: C

Eh....still chugging along.

• Members

AMC: B. This show has definetly improved since Jesse and Angie returned. The soap has a completely new feel to it and I like it. Im actually excited about watching it each day

B&B: C. B&B was soooo good last year but since the new year, its been boring. They've been mainly focusing on the one story of teh baby drama and that story stinks. The Stephanie/Eric/Donna story is old and needs to move on. Plus as always, they are neglecting half the cast

GH: B+

OLTL: B

• Members

All My Children: B+

I have been enjoying the show immensely. It definitely has been kepping me entertained.

ATWT: D

When Nuke first started I was all about them. I also liked Lily & Holden. Now the show is a boring mess and they won't even let Luke and Noah kiss anymore. The show is a HOT MESS!

B&B: C+

The show was so much better when it focused on the Logans and the Forresters. It would have gotten an A if that had continued. I am so over round 200 with Brooke/Nick/Ridge. I also hate the idea of Taylor and Rick. Where the hell are Ashley, Thorne, Felicia to name a few. More balance is needed.

DAYS: B

It seems like Hogan Sheffer finally came into his own right before the strike. The conclusion of John's storyline and the Brady/DiMera vendetta have been very satisfying as a long time viewer. Making John a Dimera and a Brady was a stroke of genius.

GH: C

The show just seems all over the place. I can't seem to get a handle on any of the storylines. The potential is there for a really great soap but something is missing.

GL: B

I recently started watching GL again after years of not watching. I think the show is pretty good. It is definitely taking chances and trying to shake things up. I find Cyrus & Harley entertaining as well as Bill & Lizzie.

OLTL: C

The show looks great. I loved Michael Easton on Port Charles but he does nothing for me on this show. Like GH the potential for a great soap is there but something is missing.

Passions: C+

I haven't watched the show since X-Mas Eve, but what I watched and have recently read about the show seems to be caught in a rut. I hope it gets renewed and JER gets his act together. Another show with so much potential.

Y&R: B

LML is so not missed. Josh Griffith and Maria Arena Bell are doing a great job. If I was watching everyday I would probably give it a higher mark.

• Members

I can't grade any of them because I only pay attention to selected storylines (for those that I still pay attention to).

So I guess that means none of them get A's from me. Although, I'm avoiding AMC like the plague right now and most of GH, so I guess that's even worse.

• Members

I don't know if this is fair, because I only watch one of these regularly, but here goes:

ATWT: D

DOOL: B- (an A+ for a few of the recent episodes, but B- overall)

GL: F

To change things up a little, this is how I felt about those three about three years ago:

ATWT: C+

DOOL: F

GL: B+

• Members

ATWT - C

Predictable and stubbornly persistent mediocrity permeates every plot. Veterans are mere placeholders to remind TPTB that there are older actors who can periodically prop up the younger ones.

GH - C

If the show is so intent on showcasing 2 men for whom the rest of Port Charles' canvas must be painted by, couldn't the viewers just watch reruns of Simon & Simon or Hardcastle & McCormick?

Y&R - C-

LML may be getting one thing right: the Bell technique of slow storytelling. By my calculations it's been a good 12 years since Gloria Abbott tainted Jabot face cream. I can't think of a couple that I genuinely like on this show, besides Michael & Lauren.

• Members

B&B

It is still good but the focus is a total mess these days. Instead of 19 characters show we're down 9 characters. Love the return of James Warwick and Hunter Tylo is doing great. Though I don't like most of the stories, the execution has been very good. Compared with one or two months however this just leaves a B-

Y&R

This show is so much improved it's unbelievable LML could destroy it in a New York minute. There's still lots of dead weight (Comatoria and hubby BoreMeToTears) and not every story is clicking but this show is Y&R again. The style, the music, the acting - that alone is worth a B

• Members

AMC: B

There has been a better balance so far this year. I like how Ryan's amnesia has shaken up 2 of the most boring couples ever, Zzzendull & RyAnnie. Angie & Jesse's returns have been done well so far and Angie has been really well integrated into the cast. I'm also ffing through less of this show than I have in years.

• Members

days.jpgA- But I'm scared to see what's going to happen when we start seeing Dena Higley's crap!

worldturns.gifB- I'm just starting to watch and I like it so far, but there are a couple of things I don't like.

guiding.gifD Surprise! I'm not in the hateful mood today, so I'll switch this grade from an F to a good ol' D! But the show still sucks!

Archived