Days: Thursday, Feb.7

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

John cracks me up! And I loved the tears from him at the end when he said goodbye to his mom. <sniff> Kayla's pregnant? That was quick!

Today was a good tearjerker day if you're a sap like me. All the Brady's together when Colleen died - OMG she and John killed me! <sniff>

Jen

• Members

Excellent episode today..I'm loving Bo, Hope, Marlena, John, Steve, Kayla, Shawn, Belle, Chloe, and Philllip all interacting..And i can't wait for them to all lead the february episode counts..Could be the most balanced month in years...Also Shirley Jones has rocked the past few days...She has really impressed me and made me care for Coleen, who i despised over the summer...This episode reminded me of John's death, with all the characters in the room...Great directing and great script..

• Administrator

Yup, today was really a good episode. You can't go wrong with you write episodes about family and having everyone together. Those scenes with John/Colleen and the Brady family saying goodbye to Colleen were so sad. I love that shot of Marlena crying and putting her hand on her mouth when John sat down so Colleen could wrap her arms around her son. :( And then how about that last scene with John leaning over to kiss his mom, then wiping away his tears. :( Kudos to Kathryn Foster for directing today.

I still think it was a bad idea to kill her off so quickly.

Best episode from the scab writers so far!

• Members

An absolutely beautiful episode. Shirley Jones did an amazing job with Colleen, and made me care about her so much that I forgot she was a newbie, made up character. Her scenes with John and Shawn Sr. were especially sad and heartbreaking, but everyone did a wonderful job. And Martha Madison simply rocks these emotional scenes--she's one of the most beautiful criers I've ever seen, second only to Deirdre Hall. Ironic that Colleen called Belle the future of the Bradys! I like that Hope mentioned Sami should have been there, because that's my only complaint about this show--Sami definitely should have been there. I don't know how Drake showed so much emotion without showing any emotion--except for the tear at the end--but his scenes with Colleen were very moving. And we got to hear the Santeen music again! Love that; it's so beautiful and haunting.

A little part of me can't help wondering, though......if today's episode was this good with scab writers, how amazing could it have been with Hogan's team?

• Members

An absolute superb, memorable episode! Everything played out really well and all of the beats were hit. Shirley Jones was utilized perfectly. Colleen's appearance on the show wasn't dragged out for to long or to briefly it was just right. Phillip and Chloe's scenes were good to.

Nicely done :) !!

• Members

That was really well done. It was the type show that made me watch DOOL previously and to come back to it last year. I think Peter Reckell is the most under-rated actor on daytime. He communicates just standing there and watching someone. They way he looked at Sean, for instance. Every year when he is not nominated for an emmy, is another example of why daytime honors don't deserve to be taken seriously, IMO.

Anyway, it was a really good episode.

• Members

An unbelievably touching episode. It was truly a real soap opera: emotional, unhurried, family-based. Was it just me, or were some of those scenes the longest individual scenes that have been aired on Days in years?

• Members

^ Believe me, it wasn't just you, koos, who thought they were the longest scenes on DAYS in years; it was wonderful. The show as a whole seemed longer. I think part of the reason is that the first segment before the theme song wasn't even 2 minutes long.

Terrific episode by the scabs. I never thought I'd say that.

Archived