ATWT Tuesday, January 29

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If she had done that more a few years ago, maybe he wouldn't have knocked up Gwen or developed a taste for gambling and theft. I thought Margo was adorable today, and I'm loving Ellen Dolan's balance between a professional authoritarian and heir to the Hughes matriarchy.

Carly's jinxed life is the biggest bore. If you weren't over it before the ventriloquist came along, your stomach is strong enough to withstand Drano. Maura West simply cannot sell it anymore, and I'd rather see her gone over Scott Bryce at this point.

How convenient that Kim ran into excuses why Nancy and Lisa were too busy to receive news of Bob's awakening. It's asking for the moon to get the whole damn Hughes family together in one episode. Maybe TPTB think indulging us will result in campaigns to get Julianne Moore back.

• Members

Babe...I could never hate you. :D I know it's not a great story...but for me, it's more interesting than anything presently running.

The time to smack him upside the head is over. (And it's really Adam she should be smacking...Casey is taking the rap for his brother here. Everyone dropped the other charges, the only one Casey couldn't wriggle out of is planting the bond at Will's, which Adam actually did.) No doubt Casey got smacked around like that in prison, and here Mom is doing the same thing. Did you see that look he gave her?

And Margo is no Kim Hughes.

• Members

Maura West is one of daytime's truest talents. She's grown and grown over the years. She's only doing the best that she can with the material she's been given. If you want someone to gripe to, gripe to Jean and Chris. Horribly written story is no fault of the actors. And horribly written story also doesn't justify bashing an actor.

:)

• Members

Is "87" a reference to your birth year? I don't need a lesson on actor bashing from you. As I said, Maura West can no longer sell the crap that she's being told to peddle. That makes Carly a completely ineffective character, because the only stories she'll ever have are about disastrous situations of her own design. Scott Bryce obviously transcends the writers' shortcomings, but if he wasn't I'd be fine without him or Craig. At this point in my viewership of this or any other soap, I'm tired of seeing actors either languishing in the background or overexposed in mediocre stories. Regardless of who's at fault, I'm done with seeing the lame end results. I don't care how much I like Maura West, she's wasting the viewer's time propping up Goutman and Passanante's aimless agenda, as most of the other actors are. If that meant reducing ATWT to just 5 characters who would get worthwhile stories, so be it. With all of the slings and arrows I've hurled at Roger Howarth, NOW I'm being called out for actor bashing? :rolleyes:

• Members

Roll your eyes all you want.

So effing what if 87 is my birth year? Who seriously cares? Or are you going to argue that I'm too young to realize how great of a soap ATWT used to be? News flash. I caught that memo.

But it's changed now.

And how in the hell is Maura propping their aimless agenda? And what is that agenda? And do you REALLY think that actors have ANY say in how they're written?????????? NO! They don't.

So don't sit there and derogatorize an actress simply because her storyline sucks.

And if you're ...........

..............then sign another petition that's never going to catch on, go to New York and take up life as a scab writer, quit watching, or suck it up.

Not trying to be mean, but I've been around here (and most of the other ATWT viewers in this thread) for a really long time. And by now, we understand the rules. No actor bashing is one of them. It's one I've always advocated. And it's one I expect fellow discussion takers to adhere to.

• Members

Expect all you want, because your advocacy is pretty inconsistent, as I stated. Don't continue to imply that I bashed Maura West, either. If you're worried about being assessed on the basis of your age, don't assign your own attributes to a point of view that can only be interpreted in the way it was intended to be. It was cute at first, but you're going out of your way to antagonize me in a manner you never had the gall to before, and it's pissing me off. Who the hell said I had to answer to you?

• Members

No one. And I mean no harm. I am simply saying that it is a rule at SON not to bash actors and it's a rule that I agree completely with. I did not mean to antagonize and if you truly feel that's what I was doing, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I am simply stating a fact and trying to adhere to the rules. I would like others to do the same as well.

• Members

I, for one, adore Maura West as an actress; and while I realize she's doing the best she can with the material she's being given, the fact of the matter is, an actor is only as good as his material, regardless of the level of his, or her, abilities.

You (okay, I) can root for someone like Carly Tenney Snyder, in spite of her selfish and self-destructive tendencies, for only so long; then, she begins to look like an utter fool to me. Frankly, I reached that point w/ her a long time ago.

Archived