AMC: Febuary Sweeps Previews

• Members

Febuary Sweeps Spoilers

Just because Angie and Jesse are back in Pine Valley doesn't mean they are back together! At least not yet, anyway! Here's a sneak peek and what's in store for the soon-to-reunite Hubbards-and why Kendall just may start wishing she could turn back time!

A Long-Awaited Reunion!

Though Jesse's done his darnedest to slink around town unnoticed, it's only a matter of time before someone realizes that Angie's husband isn't really dead. Leave it to P.I. Tad to be the first to see Hubbard in the flesh! Meanwhile, Tad and Krystal play a big part in Angie and Jesse's reunion-but maybe not in the way that you'd think! And sometime in February, the Hubbards will come face to face!

A Changing Of Tides

Ryan's new outlook on life-or, rather, his four-year old outlook on life-challenges the relationships of everyone he holds dear! In the fallout, things will get a little complicated for Annie, Kendall, Zach, Greenlee, and Aidan.

A Baby Scare?

Kendall and Aidan have been naughty. Kendall and Aidan feel guilty. But will a certain kind of test reveal that they've got another secret growing? (Before anyone panics, JHC already shot down another pregnancy for Kendall and said this in TV Guide: All My Children's rowdy Ryan (Cameron Mathison) will wake up January 31 with a unique kind of amnesia -- he'll think it's 2004 and that he's still engaged to Kendall. And that, says exec producer Julie Carruthers, will trigger a seismic shift in three of AMC's couples -- Ryan and Annie, Greenlee and Aidan, and Kendall and Zach. The soap will continue to play up Aidan and Kendall's guilt about having grief sex when their partners were buried underground last month, but Carruthers promises -- yahoo! -- that she'll avoid yet another pregnancy story. "We've had quite a few of those lately," she admits. "At last count, we had 11 child actors on our show who are under the age of five.")

Erica Meets Her Match!

Erica's always been drawn to men of power, but U.S. District Attorney Samuel Woods may be too much for even LA Kane to handle! Could the havoc that he wreaks in her life pave the way for romance?

Some exerts from the cover story:

Will Annie's love be enough to pull Ryan back to the present, or should Zach, Annie, Greenlee, & Aidan assume crash positions and wait for the onslaught of Rendall part 2? Rebecca Budig says her character will be there to warn Zach about the potential disaster-and maybe do a little more. "I know she's kind of worried for Zach because she's like, 'You weren't there. You didn't live it. I did.' Because they were a supercouple for a long time, the love and bond they shared was really strong. I'm worried for my friend," she says, adding slyly, "But I've got a shoulder he can cry on." Maybe Ryan will regain his memory, and life will revert to normal. But if not, his amnesia could be the tipping point that finally ends the easy peace among the Slaters, Laverys. and Greenlee and Aidan! Most importantly, what will Kendall say?

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/amc/main/103466

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay...I have to ask this.

Is anybody else a little bugged out (and slightly thrown off) by the Lucci/VanPeebles romance?

And before any feathers get ruffled, I have nothing against interracial couples - nor do I have anything against Erica Kane being in an interracial relationship. But I'm always really nervous when they announce ahead of time the reason why (or the character why) an actor is being brought on the show. And the fact that they're being SO vocal about VanPeebles being Lucci's new love interest...I don't know. Maybe I'm just too jaded, but I feel like the best couples on soaps are NEVER the ones that the writers create when they bring a new character on for an already established character. The couples that really work are the ones that end up thrown together randomly because of the story, and chemistry leaps off the screen, and before you know it, it's like kizmet.

There are about a hundred examples of this on EVERY soap on the air. Aaron was brought on for Lucy on ATWT, but they had no chemistry - and he was great with Alison and Lucy ended up being better (maybe not great, depending on your personal opinion, but definitely stronger) with Dusty. Greenlee was brought on as a spoiler for the young teen romance at that time (God, I can't even remember anymore... was it Scott and Laura? Whomever it was, they were both really goody-goodies and a little dull), and it wasn't until after she and Leo teamed up to ruin them that they inadvertently became THE super couple that would end up dominating the show. Sam McCall on GH was HIGHLY publicized for being Jax's new love interest on GH when she was brought on... but we all know how long THAT lasted. And Simon and Katie on ATWT were thrown together for a comic-relief-Katie-loses-her-virginity scene...and he ended up being the only man on that show that got most fans to really connect with the character of Katie Peretti, and has yet to really been replaced in that sense!

How about NOT telling us who a new character will be involved with - then let nature, storytelling and natural chemistry take its course?

Oh wait...I forgot. Soap opera writing is like rocket science. And all of us stupid fans need everything spelled out for us ahead of time. How stupid of me.

• Members

Yeah I agree. So are we to assume then the Kate thing is being saved for May sweeps? Next to the Hubbards that is the current story I am most interested in. Ryan's amnesia while its been done many times over, I think in the long run will make things more interesting. Almost all couples on this show are as stale as stale and if this mixes things up I am all for seeing that play out. I do agree though, this will definitely facilitate Rylee coming...... at least that's my interpretation.

• Members

If they go Ryan/Kendall-Zach/Greenlee-it will mostly be rebound and because Kendall/Zach are hurt; not because they developed feelings for Ryan/Greenlee. I can see Kendall and Zach longing to be together but resisting because they are hurt. In my dream world, Ian would bring his parents back together(via minor medical setback)-proving to be their lucky charm. This is just my take.

Anyway Jesse and Angie sound promising

• Members

I pray they don't rush Angie & Jesse's reunion. Whether they allow DW to double-duty as Jacob, or just hire a new actor for that role and ignore that he was supposed to be Jesse's lookalike, they need to deal with Angie's ex-husband first before anything else.

Archived