Y&R Casting News

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

New Newman on Y&R

YOUNG AND RESTLESS has tapped Chris Engen (from SAINTS AND SINNERS and FELICITY) to play Victor Newman Jr., the son of Victor and his former wife Hope. The younger Newman grew up in Kansas after his parents divorced and has been recently M.I.A. Engen's first air date will be February 12.

Click the link to see a pic of the actor. He is a cutie. :wub:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm... contract or recurring?

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how things evolve... however, we have enough teens already. I pray that Y&R doesn't become infected with the need to cast younger character all the time in the future. The veterans can carry the show, and I like the current younger set.

• Members

He's cute, but more Newman's? WE NEED MORE ABBOTTS

Anyway, should be interesting to see how this works out, with Victor disowning Nick yesterday, looks like Victor Jr. is gonna be the new favorite son....

The teens haven't really taken over Y&R, they're a big part, but the Lily/Colleen/Daniel/Devon crowd is B players and in B storylines. Plus, I think Victor Jr.. will interact more with the Newman's than any other group.

• Members

I so agree, I love the Newman family as much as everyone else but it's the Abbott family that is my favorite. They drove some of Y&R's best storylines through the 90s (like Jill and John's divorce, my absolute favorite!) First of all they need to get Ashley back on board and then find a suitable recast for Billy and Colleen. (While they're at it find a decent Mackenzie!) Then this Victor Jr would make sense.

At least the actor looks like Eric Braeden and can probably act (hopefully).

Archived