The "Real" Greenlee Returns Promo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a slap in the face to Sabine, who was doing a fine job as Greenlee considering the horrible writing they had given her, and she was never going to be accepted fully in the role following Rebecca Budig's immense popularity. While I'm a fan of RB, t's not fair that she lost her job just because Rebecca decided she wanted to come back...what's to say in few years time Rebecca just decides to leave again and then what? this happens again to some other actress. I really hope another soap picks Sabine up soon because she is a really talented actress who did the best she could considering what she had to work with.

• Members

Incredibly tacky. I think anyone with talent should think twice before taking a recast role on ABC. It's pretty clear the type of support you can expect. I'm looking forward to seeing RB again, but SS was a good recast. She deserves better and I hope she gets it. I won't be watching on RB's first day because of this tasteless promo. Screw you ABC!

• Members

This was a very low class and tacky promo as others here have pointed out. ABC should thank her for doing all she could to fit into the role of Greenlee and for working hard to make it her own image. Rebecca Budig is tough shoes to fill since she was a superb Greenlee. I never thought for once that Sabine Singh did a bad job in the role.

I do not mind Rebecca coming back but not at the expense of cheap pot shot low blow advertising...they should have done a promo on Rebecca returning, not the "real Greenlee"

• Members

There were so many more tactful ways TPTB could have promoted Rebecca's return than hailing her the 'Real' Greenlee at Sabine's expense. They could have promoted it as 'Rebecca Budig Returns' or something along those lines.

• Members

It offends me and I thought Sabine was total crap from day one :lol: (well after the two month grace period I forced myself to give her) . I mean we as fans can say Rebecca is the real Greenlee, but I mean this is incredibly low to Sabine. ABC strikes again for sur.e

• Members

Seriously, what do we expect from ABC? This from the network that fired Anna Lee, Stuart Damon, Julia Barr (they pretty much did) and Phil Carey(again, they pretty much did). The network that won't spring for a going away cake? I feel for Sabine, I really liked her. But this company that is ABC pretty much sucks ass for they way they treat their employees.

Archived