The "Real" Greenlee Returns Promo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it humanly possibly for the January 16 episode not to get a huge rise? I don't understand the amount of advertising they're giving RB's return (I could understand it for Cady McClain, Genie Francis, Vanessa Marcil, etc... - even D&D) but I also can't grasp the concept that that much advertising won't create a substantial bounce. It'll be 3-5 commercials a day in daytime for 4-5 weeks plus seemingly a prime-time commercial on ABC every night (ABCD rarely ever does PT commercials anymore, and I think they're doing nightly ones with this).

• Members

OMG...I'm watching GH right now and they have a permanent (doesn't go off the screen) ad that says All My Children - The Real Greenlee is back January 16th. How ridiculous.

Same here. Those returns would be huge and has the characters returning as well. Greenlee's been back since April, yet they're acting like she's coming back for the first time.

• Members

It's there during AMC and OLTL as well. And did you know there's 6 days until Rebecca returns? I was told so during the end of GH in a commercial before the preview - I'd give you the hours and minutes but I haven't been to the ABC site yet and I think Frons is saving putting up the time-clock billboard in Times Square until sometime next week.

And then you have that they're not even putting 1% of the RB into promoting DW/DM's return - a supercouple from one of their REAL golden eras. And you know it's Debbie Morgan, you don't scoff at that.

• Members

This is beyond ridiculous! The permanent ads on all three shows is repulsive. Not everyone is a fan of RB or Greenlee and I'm officially sick of all these countdowns, marathons and "real Greenlee" ads. There's promotion and then there's overkill! My gosh, Sabine is STILL on the show! Grrr... :angry:

• Members

I agree Angela, Soapsuds....

It's ridiculous. You know I could see this kind of promotion for Vanessa Marcil or something(since she is ratings gold) but for Rebecca? It's flipping ridiculous

And to have the "5 days till the real Greenlee returns" on the corner of the screen and while Sabine is still onscreen is utterly in BAD taste <_<

• Members

Im getting real sick of the "Real" Greenlee returns promos. Anyone else? ABC is going over board with it. I love Rebecca but they act as if she's the second coming to AMC and that her return will automatically shoot AMC back to the top. Now ABC has a small tagline on the bottom of each of its soaps, saying that the Real Greenlee returns 1/16, so you wont miss her. At least 2 promos during each soap is about her. I just saw a promo in primetime about her and she's plastered all over SN. Enough already! I have yet to see a single promo about Angie or Jesse's return, save the marathon one. They dont think those 2 will draw in old fans? Why dont they ever promote the show as much during normal times? Why wait till Rebecca Budig comes to throw so much support behind the show.

• Members

ABC did this with Vanessa Marcil back in 2002 and it was *almost* as annoying. Brenda, Brenda, Brenda! Those promos were irritating on SN. ABC had some cheesy ass promos for Vanessa's return. ABC is just downright tacky. I dont think it would be as bad if they didnt include the "REAL" part into the promos. Thats what makes it such a pain to watch

• Members

oh it wont be over. They'll be about 5 more promos telling you that the real Greenlee is already back in PV so tune in so that you dont miss what she's up to. That and that 80% of the weekly promos for the next few months will be all about her.

And in all fairness, Alexa has only been out for about 3 months and left right as the writers strike started. Unfortunetly, that was incredibly bad timing that she couldnt have foreseen

Archived