Ever listened to Tarkan? The famous Kiss Kiss song?

Sylph

• Members
Tarkan's Metamorphosis

f_comingsoon2m_d3f3187.jpgf_mid11m_579ab6b.jpg

By Adelind Osmanlı reporting from Munich, Germany (from: Tarkan DeLuxe and Tarkan Visuals blogs)

On the eve of his 2007 album's release, Tarkan's new website has opened its doors at his Tarkan.com domain, hailing the "re-birth" of a star that was musically born fifteen years ago this month.

Playing on images of space and utilising a complimentary black background, the site offers information in Turkish and English, while providing some promotional photographs of Tarkan working in the studio with talented music engineer Ozan Çolakoğlu.

These pictures had been distributed by Tarkan's fan community two days before the official opening, when the site had temporarily been up for about twenty minutes prior to its launch.

Tarkan's Metamorfoz

Along with a catchy tune teaser on loop, the site's "coming soon" message and introductory text gives a taste of things to come, by revealing the name of Tarkan's 2007 album: Metamorfoz. From the original Greek, the Turkish word for metamorphosis - as it defines - indicates that Tarkan has gone through an abrupt change, and fans should not expect anything like his previous works for this album.

Tarkan's reincarnation for the 2007 album suggests a metamorphosis to maturity in music, image and expression, indicating that a purchase of this album will get the artist at his "most real".

A Look into Tarkan's World

In "his most revealing album to date, Metamorfoz is a translucent look into the world of Tarkan ... revealing his transformation in a way that only he can express ..." declares the English welcome message, using a title case for each word.

Marking "a new era in Tarkan's career", the message also goes on to confirm that the Tarkan and Çolakoğlu produced album has been almost solely composed and penned by the artist. The Turkish version of the text also adds that seven of the tracks are by Tarkan, one is a Çolakoğlu song, and two tracks are collaborations between Tarkan and Çolakoğlu. This confirms that the album will have ten tracks.

However, the site as yet does not authenticate a 24 December date for its release, simply stating "towards the end of 2007", or the existence of a track named "Vay"*.

In its description of a musical concept and about its new sound, the album is described as reflecting "new nuances ... in the organic synthesis of East and West". It also promises to infuse this cataclysmic change on the Turkish pop scene, with the album's ground breaking "avant-garde sounds and sincere sentiments [surprising] fans and critics alike".

The site informs visitors that after its initial domestic début, there are plans for a worldwide release in 2008.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had to respond to this post when I saw it in the thread. I have tons of Turkish friends and the first thing I ask them is "do you like Tarkan?" What's really cool is that I know Tarkan's songwriter who has also written some very famous songs. (We're in talks about making an album.)

Kiss Kiss is such a fun pop song that has been done over and over again. I think the first American version came from Stella Stanley (last name might be wrong) who only had a one hit wonder with her kiss. The next came from my favorite Aussie hottie Holly Valance who made the song even bigger in Australia and The UK. If you haven't seen the video, it's of course HOT!

• Members

You've gotta be kidding me?! That's awesome! Is it Ozan? (The famous songwriter you're talking about?)

It has been made in several languages, the Kiss Kiss song (in Turkish - Şımarık or "spoiled") written by the famous Turkish singer-songwriter Sezen Aksu. You can find the list of remakes here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

He's gay right and open or is that rumour?

Like a lot of his stuff. The first cover in English was by Stella Soleil who I *think* was Canadian but maybe I just think that cuz of her french name? And then, ya Holly Valance (although I far prefered Holly's flop second album to the one with this on...)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived