Kay Alden hasn't done crap for B&B!!!!

• Members

Oh wow. Im sorry. I wasnt aware that you sat in on meetings with the two. How in the world would you know what KA is doing at B&B? And the fact that the show, good always yes, however lost almost always.

Once KA & a few other selected writers came along B&B was whipped back into shape in a matter of weeks. Char's became who they were once again, The actors started to shine again, and Most fans started to care about the show.

and how do you know BB isnt nodding his head and saying yes to KA?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Higan? Have you seen his work? he is crap. plain and simple. he rocked at first on ATWT but got burtn out quick and you can tell.

also, how childish of you, or anyone, to make a thread to piss other posters off. really, thats just pathtic.

Funny how both B&B & OL got new HW's (yes, KA is only AHW, however this is the tv biz. have you really never heard of anyone but a HW writing the show? do you really think that AHW is JUST a title and not position of power? because it is.) and both improved 100 fold, yet you bash KA and praise RC as if he was god. Honestly, after reading all the posts it seemslike this thread was only created to try and bash KA's name and what she has done and praise that of RC. lame.

• Members

I think it's Brad's, Kay's, and Patrick's doing, and hell even the influence of the former Y&R staff.

I don't think we can give the credit entirely to Kay.

Jay has a very good point though.

I'm sure if Kay was the HW of AMC, revitalizing it the way RC is doing with OLTL, then she would get the praise and comparision RC has gotten to Marland and the rest of the greats (tho I don't agree with most of those comparisions), but anyway Kay got tons of praise while on Y&R.

• Members

But is this fair? a writing team cant go above and beyond the HW. if the HW is telling crap, the shows gonna be crap, no matter how good the writers are. so isnt OLTL being great also a team effort? or os RC sitting there writing every single line every single person says? i dont think so.

KA has deserved any praise and being compared to the greats much more than someone like RC does. So RC came in and turned crap into good stuff in a few months, i give hi m mad props for that. However can he keep it going? Hogan, JER, Even mcTrash were all great once upon a time.

KA has been great for many many years. has she been solo HW? is that really the point? AHW, Co-HW, or HW - u still have major pull and power on the soap. Do you really think BB would hire someone like KA to nod her head and agree? And furthermore, even IF it just is pacing of the storys KA has had a hand in at BB that still deserves praise. pacing is just as important as the sotry, IMHO.

I would like to say i see jays point but i dont. All i see is bashing of KA to prop RC. I have yet to see anyone bow down and pray at the feet of KA as the soap press is doing with RC. Im not going to bash RC, beacuse he is good so far and i dont see thye point in bashing one person to prop another. Both are great at what they are doing and deserve all the respect and praise the world has to offer... at the moment.

and honestly, Im sure PM has a lot to do with B&B being great again. As do the great people from Y&R that were let go by that hack LML. And its obvious that KA also has impacted the show. Maybe KA is just there to balance, but again, that is important. Esp with someone like BB who has great ideas but doesnt know how to tell them right and sucks at balance.

• Members

It's human nature tho-I remember on AMC when JHC came on as EP (even tho we now all know how little good that's done) for a while every little positive segment on the show would get credite don here to HER and McTavish--cuz she was so hated (And for the most part with good reason but she always has supplied a few good moments) was never credited even tho she was the HW...

About Alden though she' s not completley loved on here--many I think unfairly faulted her last period at Y&R harshly--in fact till recently people on here seemed ot be kinda down on her which always confuse dme as she was Bill Bell's associate HW on most of Y&R's glory years

• Members

What is the point of this thread?

To get people to talk about how "crap" Kay Alden is? Check out some of the Y&R threads on SON -- lots of people despised her writing. Ashley = sperm pig ring any bells?

To compare Ron Carlivati with Alden? Can't we just appreciate both? OLTL and B&B are two different soaps -- they aren't even in rival timeslots in most markets. I like both shows for different reasons.

To big up Bradley Bell? Even though I think he's got the attention span of a newt, I have given him credit where credit is due. I even wrote to him two months ago, congratulating him on the direction he has taken B&B. Him, not Kay Alden. Ignoring the Phoebe/Constantine shite this year, Bell has made an effort to improve the writing on his show by opening up the production and writing pools and hiring around. In fact, ever since Hunter Tylo returned and Lesli Kay was hired as Felicia, Bell has attempted to give the soap more balance. Sometimes that has failed, and sometimes he has ignored it completely to fall back on the Bricky/Bridge borefest.

But the day-to-day seamlessness of the scripts? The return of the Logans, the hiring of Heather Tom and Eileen Davidson? The Y&R feel in some of the story-telling? A return to history? Brad Bell obviously made a conscious decision to turn B&B into the "real" Bell soap and hire ex-Y&Rs. They, I am pretty much certain, are responsible for much of what we are seeing now in terms of feel, ambiance and stylization.

• Members

Hold the hell up..... First of all I didnt not mention Ron Carlivati's name....Someone else did so saying that this [!@#$%^&*] was started to prop Ron is bull. Why? Because his picture is in my signature? How much [!@#$%^&*] sense does that make...really.....I wasnt reading names, just the crap that was being written back so to the poster who said that they havent seen Kay propped, I suggest you go post on some other boards. Also, someone else said that an AHW is power. No it really isnt and no one can tell me any different because I know what I know. The Head writer tells them that "this" is what I want the breakdowns to be about. Can a AHW suggest something? Hell yeah, but everything good could not have been Kay. It just doesnt work like that. I know this stuff. Why is OLTL doing well....because they have a HW who is doing his JOB and going over breakdowns. He is a former breakdown writer so when you ask if Ron is writing every single word...NO still because that goes to the script writers....This isn't even about Ron... This isn't to bash Kay, and this isn't to prop Brad..... Just disagree, and state your claim, but dont accuse me of any [!@#$%^&*] thing because I have no agenda and no reason to start some [!@#$%^&*] like that!!

• Members

The fact that you blatantly ignore the fact that B&B pretty much turned into Y&R - with storytelling pace, character layers, etc.. - AFTER KA came aboard says everything. To suggest imply or flat out say KA hasn't done [!@#$%^&*] for B&B is beyond pathetic. Did she do it alone? no. But did she have a role in it all - hell yes! and as for going to post on other boards, no. ill pass. i chose this MB because for the most part its the most respectful board there is. And if people on other boards you post on are propping KA & bashing BB then maybe you should be posting this there.

Yes actually it would. because by the current title you make it seem as if KA deserves nothing. no credit at all. as if she has NOTHING to do with anything at B&B. HW's are NOT the only people who matter on a soap.

Id like to know how you KNOW for a fact that KA has done nothing. that she didnt pitch one storyline. that she hasnt added her touch to the show. that she is on the show by name only. and who is bypassing brad? again, i just dont understand how you can ignore the fact that the show did get much better about a month or so after KA came along.

• Members

Ohh respect Smespect...first off, I wasnt talking to you, and secondly maybe you should go to other boards and see that Kay is getting more praised then deserved. If you stay here, then you really have no right to comment on this conversation, and say that she doesnt get all the praise. No one is bashing Brad or propping Kay. That's little kid [!@#$%^&*]. Im a grown ass man watching a soap opera....jeez.

• Members

Not trying to make anything personal, but i dont care if you were talking to me or not. i reply to everything because its all posted for everyone in a discussion form.

And on this board, i dont see anyone giving her 100% praise and bashing brad. Again, if thats happening on other boards why are you bringing the drama to this one and not posting it there? And why do i need to go multiable boards? again, i pick this one for a reason. because 90% of the time people dont act like little kids and call eachother names and say that people dont have any right to post in a thread.... 90% of the time.

Archived