Kay Alden hasn't done crap for B&B!!!!

• Members

*Waits to see how many posters attack* :)

But really... I love it when I see someone say something like Guza's GH, Carlivati's OLTL and Bell and Aldens B&B.... WTF???? :) Kay Alden is only an AHW. I am not a big B&B fan but really....Kay Alden really hasnt done that much. Anything better with the show is a team effort, not just one person. Kay Alden can't save a show on her loansome.. Does anyone agree with me?? (not that I think anyone does..:))

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um, you guessed it! lol I let out a HUGE WHAAAT? when I read this title. :D

The title that Alden has doesn't stop her from advicing Bell. From suggesting story ideas, twists, scenes. And that is what she is doing, as well as possibly looking over the scripts to add mentions to the past, etc. B&B was good all year long (except for the "I want Nick back" phase in March) but it became perfect as soon as Alden started working on it too.

Bell is obviously a person that listens to his associates. The slower pace, more thoughtful writing, almost all the cast used that we see now... It ain't no coincidence.

• Members

Well, usually when there's a correlation between a show getting drastically better and someone else being brought on, it's a logical conclusion to believe the new person had something to do with it, besides, Kay Alden earned her stripes at Y&R and is known as a very talented writer. So, I think one has to give credit where credit is due.

• Members

Maybe, but who else could it be? Brad had years to make it better, did he suddenly improve all on his own after (at least) 5 years of the same tired stories? Anything is possible, but I think I'll go with the most likely scenario, which is that KA has been a very positive influence on the show.

• Members

Just because she's an AW doesn't mean her influence isn't great. There are some AW's who have a lot of power (like Elizabeth Korte on GH). Alden is well respected by the Bell family, and there's a reason why she was scooped up. Do I think her return has brought some good stuff to B&B? Yes. But it's not just her. It's a team effort.

• Members

I wouldn't go that far myself. I think a lot of people like the back and forth between Ridge/Nick/Brooke, which I believe Brad is behind. I hate it personally. At some point something changed and the show became about more than that. I can't say for sure it's Kay, maybe Brad did have an awakening. Whatever the case I really like it. However, B&B has been successful with the merry go round that is Brooke's love life, there's no denying that considering it's the #1 watched soap in the world. The European's in particular seem to eat it up.

• Members

Truer words have never been spoken...

A part of me is glad that B&B viewers are enjoying the show but another part of me still doesn't see whats really changed at B&B. It still screams stale and boring to me. But maybe its just its the same characters going thru the same motions. Besides Stephanie's shooting and huge influx of Brooke's family I don't really know what else is new with B&B.

However whats going on with Taylor's (or should I say Brooke's) baby and Nick? Is it 100% fact that the baby is Brooke's biological child? I just hate how they can't allow Taylor to have some small bit of happiness. Is Hunter Tylo still on leave due to her tragedy? I hope shes okay and I pray she is able to get stronger and possibly return the show sometime down the road. However she should take ALL the time she needs.

Archived