Kay Alden hasn't done crap for B&B!!!!

• Members

I do think that B&B has improved immensely over the last few months, but Kay may or may not be to blame for that. I just think it is a logical explanation though.

I think it has been confirmed that Jack is Brooke's. I think Hunter came back today, but that's what I read on my cable guide, and I haven't watched the episode yet. I hope she's doing well too, the last few months were probably awful for her.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, gawd, don't remind me about how everyone just knew Kay Alden was writing AMC this past spring after McTavish left. We had, what, two -- maybe even three -- weeks of good episodes overall in late April-early May, but that was it. But everyone was quick to shout "ANOTHER ALDEN EPISODE TODAY! YAY! ANOTHER ALDEN EPISODE TODAY!"

That said, I'm pissed ABC passed on her.

• Members

In addition to Alden and before she arrived, B&B has had Jerry Birn and another former Y&R writer as Story Consultant's. You can't convince me they (along with Joshua McCafferty) don't have a major part in the success of this year.

Since Brad Bell has been writing solo (since 2004) the show has been abysmal. He'll have a good story here and there, but B&B was the worst soap on air. Balance was horrific, character development nonexistant and new characters were constantly wasted. The only people consistantly with a story (always the same one) were Nick, Taylor, Brooke, Ridge and Stephanie.

I've never been one to say it's just Kay Alden, but all the Y&R rejects, who are responsible for reviving B&B.

• Members

I don't know why some people are so hell bent on proving that Kay Alden has nothing to do with how good B&B was. B&B (i.e. Bell) has been very good ever since around the time Darla was killed (although I wish she wasn't) and it has been building up on that more and more. But, even during that time, we had characters disappearing for weeks at a time, episodes featuring one storyline discussed by everyone (:rolleyes:), etc. THEN, Donna's revenge against Stephanie started and THEN it is when B&B REALLY got very, very good. When Kay Alden joined shortly after that, suddenly the cast is very much balanced, storylines move in a slower, but more balanced way, we have had an increase in how the past affects the current goings on (I know it's hard for some soap fans to grasp that lol) and everything has been much more leveled. So, it's obvious that Alden is helping out Bell in order to do what he didn't before she was hired. That means A LOT. Alden has HELPED elevate the best soap on air partly because of the others' crapiness, to the best soap on air because it really is.

Someone also mentioned the Brooke rape storyline: I think THIS is were the "Alden is just AHW" argument comes in. Were it Alden writing it exclusively, we would have had months of Brooke dealing with it, seeing a therapist or going crazy and she certainly wouldn't have had sex already, even with Ridge. But Bell is known to not really emotionally follow up on his stories, so the fact that he showed Brooke having a couple of illusions and seeing a therapist was definitely a change. Presumambly, Alden pushed him to do it--but I am only guessing here because of Bell's previous track record.

So, yes, Alden has helped Bell do wonders for B&B. She is NOT the one who did those wonders, but she is DEFINITELY a big part of them.

• Members

First of all, I see nothing wrong with that. Second of all, I really really really doubt that Bell (who it seems is a wonderful person to work with) would disrespect or order his father's right hand around.

This is SO a Kay Alden bashing thread. :rolleyes:

• Members

What if this is a Kay bashing thread? I mean, that isn't my intention and you said it, I didnt.. To answer you Chris, I've just been thinking about this for months, and I waited until today to write it. Ok, maybe I was a little hyper with it, saying she hasnt done crap. She has, but she shouldnt be god for it and she shouldnt be put on a higher arch than all the other AHW's who are doing their jobs just because shes Kay Alden. And Brad Bell wouldnt be disrespecting his fathers legacy. He's be being HW and letting her be AHW.

• Members

Because there are some people who deserve bashing and some who... well, don't. That's all. :)

To be honest, I think it's wonderful that she has helped make B&B what it is.... We are so full of crap soaps, that managing to make one so good is very nice indeed.

But, anyway, to me it's not just Kay Alden. It's Kay Alden. You may agree or disagree, but that's just me. The same way it's Bill Bell, Marland, Nixon. To ME, Alden is the CLOSEST we have to those legends. Probably not as good, but the closest.

• Members

I don't think anyone has come close to praising Alden like some god. It sounds like you're talking about Ron Carlivati. B&B in general hasn't got half the posts or press or pimping that Carlivati has gotten. The show has come a long way from being considered the worst soap on air. Let it have some happy time during it's 20th fricking birthday!

• Members

Well If you want to put it that way. Kay will never be Bill Bell or Agnes Nixon. More woman are working now. That was a random statement now, wasn't it? I'm just saying, Ron Carlivati, or Hogan Scheffer perhaps could be the next Bill Bell's or Doug Marlands, but we would never know because times have changed and ratings will never be the same. Its 2007, not 87. Back on topic :), I know that Kay Alden isn't just Kay Alden to you. It's kind of the reason I made the thread. :lol:

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Dec 10 2007, 07:57 PM)
I don't think anyone has come close to praising Alden like some god. It sounds like you're talking about Ron Carlivati. B&B in general hasn't got half the posts or press or pimping that Carlivati has gotten. The show has come a long way from being considered the worst soap on air. Let it have some happy time during it's 20th fricking birthday!

A BILL BELL soap the worst on the air? Someone shoot me. B&B has not been considered remotely bad in YEAAAAAAAAAAAAARSSSS. You can say it, but if you look at ratings, which is one side of the table, the show has been doing great for a long time, which is what counts these days. Quality means nothing! Sad truth.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Dec 10 2007, 07:57 PM)

That is SO true.

Archived