Kay Alden hasn't done crap for B&B!!!!

• Members

And yeah, Carlivati gets praise. As HW, he turned the show around. Kay Alden is not HW, and I dont believe she turned a damn thing around as AHW excpt maybe some pacing. She drives no story. Ron does. Praise deserved, praise not deserved. The two arent even on the same level....IMO

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see your point. But that doesn't change the fact that Kay Alden is the best damn soap writer we have (Carlivati still has to prove himself).

By the way, I was thinking that B&B possibly didn't get so much press when it got better because it never was that bad to begin with. OLTL, on the other hand, was.

• Members

i though Bell has been solo since 87 or something

QUOTE (Chris B @ Dec 10 2007, 07:22 PM)
In addition to Alden and before she arrived, B&B has had Jerry Birn and another former Y&R writer as Story Consultant's. You can't convince me they (along with Joshua McCafferty) don't have a major part in the success of this year.

Since Brad Bell has been writing solo (since 2004) the show has been abysmal. He'll have a good story here and there, but B&B was the worst soap on air. Balance was horrific, character development nonexistant and new characters were constantly wasted. The only people consistantly with a story (always the same one) were Nick, Taylor, Brooke, Ridge and Stephanie.

I've never been one to say it's just Kay Alden, but all the Y&R rejects, who are responsible for reviving B&B.

• Members

With respect I have to disagree.

I think Kay Alden has done a lot for B&B. Certainly the show was on the upswing before she arrived. That was due to the Y&R rejects, so they definitely deserve credit, without question.

However, there are certain story directions which I think Kay Alden is definitely responsible for. I think Jackie buying Spectra (as well as finally giving Darlene Conley a farewell), reinvigorating the Logans as a competent rival family for the Forresters, getting the Constantine/Pheobe mess offscreen was at least in part Kay Alden's doing.

I don't think Kay is praised as a God, that honor goes to Ron Carlivati who has yet to prove himself in my eyes.

I just think it is logical that after Kay came aboard things improved dramatically. I've been a fan of B&B from day one, Brad Bell is a wonderful smart guy: he listens to his staff. It IS a Team Effort, without a doubt, but an important part of that team is Kay Alden.

Hopefully, she'll head back to Y&R post haste!

Archived