Cady McClain Critiques Daytime

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She is a SMART lady! The Meg/Paul/Craig/Rosanna storyline is one of the WORST I've EVER seen. The only saving graces are Cady and Scott Bryce. I feel bad for them being thrown in an impossible storyline for their characters. I can't believe they are sacrificing this two time Emmy winner for Marie Wilson. What a fricking joke! I thought Wilson was good on PC, but her Meg is one of the most revolting protrayals of a woman in soap history.

• Members

Yeah, this is as much a problem, if not more so on AMC and GH. I truly believe this is one of the reason soaps are falling. There are few people who can identify with their lives being all about babies and men. Soaps are still showing stories that were more relevant 50 years ago. If that changed maybe they could get new viewers and keep what they have left.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Dec 2 2007, 07:59 PM)
She is a SMART lady! The Meg/Paul/Craig/Rosanna storyline is one of the WORST I've EVER seen. The only saving graces are Cady and Scott Bryce. I feel bad for them being thrown in an impossible storyline for their characters. I can't believe they are sacrificing this two time Emmy winner for Marie Wilson. What a fricking joke! I thought Wilson was good on PC, but her Meg is one of the most revolting protrayals of a woman in soap history.

I like Cady and Marie both, but why sacrifice PEg when Cady isn't interested in signing a contract. Of course the character that is going to be with the show long term should come out ahead in the story. If Cady would've committed to ATWT I think they would have tripped over themselves writing PRo again.

• Members

But...what's wrong with "Mildred Pierce"? I like "Mildred Pierce." "Mildred Pierce" would be a much-welcome breath of fresh air after all the crap we've been taking off these shows for so long. (Willful and spoiled daughter shoots her mother's lover when he won't leave the marriage? I'm there!)

I'm just saying.

That minor point aside, CM made a very good point on her blog. Daytime is dying, because these shows just don't know how to write simple, human relationships anymore. It amazes (and stupefies) me how the show that created Luke & Noah, one of daytime's most genuinely romantic relationships in years, is the very same show that persists with the incomprehensible junk that is Paul/Meg/Craig/Rosanna.

• Members

I'm not at all sure that she'll ever return to soaps, but she may need to for financial reasons. Other acting opportunities become scarce for a woman over forty. That's the only reason why I suspect she may consider it. Of course, I know nothing at all about her finances.

• Members

Eh...even Luke and Noah have gotten boring. Christopher Goutman thought showing less of them would mean we want more of them. But when we do get a dribble of them. They are in the same place. The story is stalled and they have become boring. How sad it that. They cant write even the Nuke story correct.

Archived