AMC: Susan Lucci named TV Icon

• Members

From about.com

Susan Lucci named TV Icon

Entertainment Weeky has named their choice of the 100 greatest TV icons and Susan Lucci is number 44!!! On Friday, November 16, 2007, TV Land will air a tribute to the top 50 at 8:00 p.m. During the program tonight, TV Land will be asking viewers to text message their choices for #1 and they will be reading the answers throughout the program. It would be wonderful if you'd text in your votes for our own, Susan Lucci!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you look at the whole list Lucci is 44 and at number 45 is none other than Sarah Michelle Gellar, the original Kendall Hart and arch enemy of Susan Lucci. I just thougt that was funny and interesting because of the supposed rivalry, but Lucci wins this one.

• Members

Yes, I thought that was definitely hilarious. SMG may have gone on to bigger things, but Lucci is the bigger icon by a mile. Nearly 38 years playing the most popular soap opera character of all time and having legions upon legions of fans...versus the lead role on a now-defunct cult TV show, plus a movie every now and then? The latter sounds tempting, but I'd take the former.

• Members

I think TVLand was trying to start some drama. :lol: Dang susan beat larry hagman? He's been on two popular show's, I think he should at least be behind susan. SMG isn't a bigger icon than larry. I'm not agreeing with most of this list, I guess Joan collins is gonna be in the top spot #1 or #2, since she's not listed on that list of soap stars.

Archived