B&B: Week of Nov. 12th Discussion!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, today's was another fantastic episode! I loved the scenes between Stephen and Stephanie, there's just so much past between them and it is utilized correctly. Brooke and Ridge are sweet, although why they have to get married so quickly ("after the show, we'll begin preparations" could mean in two weeks lol) I don't get. Yet again, they've been through so much, I don't see why they would wait. It's not as if they want to figure out if they love each other ;) I also love the fact that Katie was hired as Forrester's PR person, not that I ever had any doubt that she would start working there. But Heather Tom just made it look so natural. And her relationship with Donna is awesome, how they bitch about one another and the next moment they hug--it takes some very attentive writing to do that nicely. Speaking of the writing, I'm so shocked! I can't figure out who writes what any longer! The scripts are so uniformedly good, it's as if the same person is writing them all! I am so amazed, they are really doing splendid work.

• Members

B&B has been amazing the past few weeks. I love how they are utilizing the history of the Forresters and Logans as well as the reviving of Spectra with Jackie at the helm. I also love how they already updated the opening to include all the Logans and Forresters. I truly believe the reason B&B and Y&R are at the top of the ratings is they know how to use their veterans and characters the audience knows and loves. Maybe the others soaps should follow that trend and maybe the other soaps would benefit from it.

• Members

I think you have touched on a very important reason on why both B&B and Y&R have such lasting success. Sure, both soaps have their faults and they both have their share of bad storylines (something non-existent in today's B&B, though, and Y&R is getting better), but, through it all, those were stories that were handled, more or less, by the veterans that people love to watch every day.

People ask why Y&R's ratings aren't down since it's so bad. It's the CAST!!! It may be horrible, and boring, and have commas induced by croissants, but, by and large, the VETERAN cast is behind it and that's why people keep tuning in. For Bergman, Scott, Braeden, Morrow, Case, Stafford, St. John, etc.

A LOT of soaps would get better if they JUST gave the type of storylines B&B gives Stephanie and Eric. Bell knows how to respect its senior cast and that respect pays off, because the original can DEFINITELY make a horrid storyline much better than newbies can. Imagine Rick and Phoebe trying to do what Brooke and Ridge have been doing? Who would you prefer (even if you rather have none)?

• Members

oh no no no! That would be all types of incest if they were. Stephen's ex wife Beth used to be Stephanie's rival for Eric. Its why she hates Brooke and everything Logan. Stephen hates Stephanie for the things she has done to Brooke over the years. He also hates Eric bc Beth really loved him and hated Stephanie bc she was always by his side defending him

Great episode! I also loved the last scene with Stephen walking in on Eric and the ho

The magazine cover of Jackie (brain fart. Almost called her Olivia there) was horrible. Blonde? Puh leaze Jackie

With Katie working at Forresters, they might as well change the name to Logan Creations

Where the heck is Ashley? Ridge dumps her and then theres NO followup? Seeign how she also works with him and Brooke, I would have expected something

• Members

I am so glad that B&B seems to be gaining more and more viewers!!!

And they should really stop with all the perfection! I mean, how much more perfection can we take? :D

Stephen and Storm having problems was delicious and who knew that DeVry could pull it off? I loved seeing them fighting today.

Also nice touch that they had Katie get Storm's help with the Forrester contract. The idea of using the gun Stephanie gave Brooke was awesome, once again they used the show's history. Although why Brooke would keep it is another matter. So, now, Storm has touched it, Stephen has touched it, and it's in Brooke's office. Hmmm, if I know a good mystery, none of them will do it in the end. Although that leaves us with Donna (which I don't want to happen, because Donna should never leave).

I love the fact that Taylor has been having difficulties bonding with Jack.

And Donna and Eric were so sweet today. You GOTTA love them!

• Members

DeVry BROUGHT IT today! Why the hell was that man taken off contract?! The way they were writing him previously was really bland and OOC for Storm, but today was the old and superior Storm. Those scenes with Stephen were AMAZING! I also love how everyone doesn't know everything, like Stephanie telling Brooke to kill herself and people STILL are being told about the rape. Rick still doesn't know and Kristen, if you count her. Back to Storm, I would strongly consider giving this sexy devil a love interest, immediately.

• Members

I love the Logans! Nah I still hate Donna and Brooke but the family as a whole has been on fire. Im glad that Storm and Stephen are back and I love that the entire family has been interacting. I hope they stay and like them as the "2nd" core family

Why dont they keep Storm and put him with either Felicia, Ashley or Taylor. I think either one would be hot

One question though. Stephen said that he never abandoned his family. He stayed away bc Storm made him. How old was Storm when this happened, like a teenager? Why would he ask this and why would Stephen do it? Stephen is the oldest of the Logans?

• Members

Stormy is the eldest Logan child. He was 14 or 15 when Stephen Sr. took off for unbeknownst reasons and served as a fatherfigure for his sisters; Brooke is two years younger than Storm followed by the rest.

Stephen Logan was MIA from 1980 (pre-B&B) to 1988 when Stephanie dug him out in Arizona.

So much for the history, so why do I - in other words moi :P - have to wait to watch B&B on Friday or even Saturday!? Life ain't fair. ;)

• Members

Another great episode. The Storm/Brooke scene was great, how he hugged her, you could really feel the pain.... William deVry is just so great, why they ever let him go I will never understand. Also, that ending scene, were Stephanie refuses to let Eric go and then cries was one of the best scenes I have ever seen for Stephanie.... SUCH a wonderful scene!

Archived