Days:John Black Spoiler/Rumor

• Members

http://oakalley.proboards60.com/index.cgi?...read=1194713300

OK, got word from a production assistant over at Sony pictures and this is how she says John's "death" will all play out. Drake will be returning in late January as John Black. Only he and Marlena know of his fake death.

He faked his death in order for Marlena to marry Stefano. This "marriage" will take place in late December/early January and will get Sami off the hook. That's why there has been a lot of mention of Stefano's "love" for Marlena.

John and Marlena discovered Santo and Colleen's daughter in Salem, aka the woman in black. That forced John to fake his death and head overseas to look for Colleen. They believe she is still alive as she obviously did not die on the cliff. John will return with Colleen after Marlena and Stefano's wedding. The Vendetta will then be over as Colleen was never dead.

Stefano, however, will not back down and will once again kidnap Marlena. This will ultimately lead to John tracking them down and having a final showdown to the death with Stefano. (Joe's contract is only for a year.)

This was the plan all along. That's why Deidre has deflected questions about Drake's "firing" and that's why the show refuses to comment.

Despite the ratings and money troubles at Days. Corday is a HUGE Drake fan. He and Hogan have come to blows over this apparently and that's why Ed Scott was the determining factor. He wants the DiMera's to be out of the picture and get to more character driven story with John and Marlena heading the cast....we shall see I guess but this is straight from someone who works on the show.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My thoughts is, that if this is true then well i dont want it to be true. If this means Sami and EJ will be apart then John Black can stay out of Salem and dead for good.

Sheffer would be the biggest hack in the business if he frontburns john and marlena and stops the EJAMI show. EJAMI is way hotter then boring john and marlena

DAM IT, i dont want Stefano final scene with John next year, i want his final scene dieing in EJ's arms. OMG that scene will be so powerful by james and joe

• Members

Don't know what to make of this rumor as to whether there's truth to it. This would be wonderful news for J&M fans.

I'm not sure that I like this though. My gut reaction is once again Days takes a serious issue like death and makes a mockery of it. This story may raise the ratings, but for me it would flush what little credibility Days regained with the death and funeral scenes for John straight down the toilet.

• Members

Well, I think whatever credibility they had was flushed down the toilet the second Marlena became possesed by the devil. Then, as far as death is concerned, nothing will ever top "killing" ten characters, bringing them back on some island in the middle of nowhere, and tnen backburning them for 7 months. I think they pretty much ended that. LOL

I do see what you're saying. It would render the recent great acting moot. And, I guess they feel that is a chance they have to take. If bringing him back will help ratings (And that is what they are counting on with "leaking" of this information) they made up their minds when they got rid of him to bring him back.

I'll see how the story plays out. Something tells me there is much more to this than meets the eye.

• Members

This would be wonderful for the J&M fans, but I personally kind of hope it isn't true. Drake exemplified everything I think DOOL needs to get away from- the camp, the stereotypical eyebrow and "smell the fart". Deidre is stronger, IMO, without him. And DOOL needs to earn some credibility with acutally keeping characters dead.

His death was so well done- I just don't think it's worth re-writing it.

• Members

I don't care one bit about Sami being with E.J.

This is about telling good story. Either he stays dead or he comes back with a good story that will cause much conflict. If that means Sami and E.J. not being together, so much the better.

I am sick of seeing those two and Lucas anyway. If they get backburned because of his return and Dee being featured.........allwill be well in Salem.

• Members

It sounds interesting...but it's hard to believe Marlena's "alone" grieving scenes would have been done if John weren't really dead. As for Sami getting an "out" from her marriage to EJ, she could be offered one but not take it...especially if she believes someone in her family shot him. As for Colleen...the actress playing her would have to be close to Frances Reid's age (since Colleen was older than Shawn), and somehow I can't imagine Days putting out a casting call for someone that age.

• Members

It sounds plausible and I do like it but I kind of want John to stay dead. It ruins Days' credibility and cheapens what they did with John's death. I mean, it actually hurts Dee's great performance for me because he wouldn't be dead. Why would Marlena act like that and put everyone through that? That's just too much pain for them all to bear. She would've told people like Bo, Roman, etc because they would've kept the secret. However, this does tie things together nicely except for that point. I just hope Drake brings it if he does return because if the show is going the more character-driven route, which I expect from Ed and co, then he needs to bring his A game. Another thing is Days usually does well in December and January so it would be the perfect time ratings-wise to do this IMO to get the audience back.

I hate to see the Dimera's go because I actually think you can rope them into more character-driven stories but I had a feeling this may be Stefano's last hurrah. I just hope Tony and Anna stick around if this comes to pass.

I think Hogan hated the John character due to his many identities, not necessarily Drake. I think he saw him as a cartoon. I remember him going on and on about Marlena when he first showed up but not about John. Frankly, I am surprised Ed doesn't feel the same way but I guess he recognizes Drake's power with the fans and that may be a factor. I don't buy Corday being a Drake fan. Corday is a fanbase whore so getting all the letters and reactions he did probably convinced him to bring Drake back. I think they did this partly as a gauge to see if the show could go on without him and it can but I think they want those fans back because the show is not in a position to say goodbye to one fangroup and try to build others.

Corday always goes by reactions and fanbases and I think he wanted to phase J&M out for years. It's pretty evident that is the case, at least to me. I just think the reactions and fanbases got to him and probably Ed Scott.

If they do this, they better come up with a plausible way to explain Marlena's reaction, why her and John would put everyone through that, how the accident and everything at the hospital was faked, etc. They need to do what Days did with the Hope kidnapping/Lexie's "death"/Larry story in 2002 and explain everything in detail to have it make sense. That might help them pull this off without losing total credibility but, if they don't do this, it cheapens everything and comes off like this wasn't the plan. They don't need that.

I'm sure most Days fans will accept it because they want John but outside of them, Days will get hammered if all this doesn't make sense.

• Members

Didn't Tony rape Liz Chandler?

If they do the John is Alive thing, it will only work if Marlena *didn't* know about it until a certain point. So all the emotions surrounding his death and funeral were real, and she only found out about him a few weeks/months later or something.

Archived