GL: Possession Storyline?

• Members

Is Guiding Light going supernatural to nab the 2 million Passions viewers hanging in Purgatory since harmony went to the dish? Some think so. It's being speculated that little Will and Uncle Edmund will be at the center of a huge new story in which we learn that Edmund has made a pact with Nosferatu, the devil and to do the devil's bidding he arranges the possession of all of Springfield's children. That's why they've brought Will back as well as James, Clarissa, RJ, Jude, James, Zak, Maureen and Emma (and mentioned Blake's disgruntled twins). Have you wondered why this low budget show is casting all these younger performers and signed David MacDonald to a contract? Word is that Kriezman and company are worried that his bible will be corrupted during the writer's strike ala GH's Pat Faulken Smith's ice princess story bible which was turned into Thom Racina's freeze the world cartoon during the 1981 writer's strike/Gloria Monty dayz.

It's all getting very spooky in Springfield

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right now I am going to go on the assumption that is just some strage rumor going around, but it did make me stop and think. I can't think of the actor that plays Will now, but after todays episode I will say that he definately comes off a little creepy(or maybe that was just me) It also might explaing why they brought back Father Ray and are continuing with the whole Josh is a Minister thing. Hhmm not really sure what to say if this turns out true.

• Members

I hope this is just a rumor.

As much as I rant and rave about EW/DK, I can't see them going down this path. Yes, they are horrible storytellers, but most of their stories have been in the human-interest vein. IF they are planning to switch things up a little, I'm hoping it wouldn't be this dramatic.

And I believe that DAM signed a short-term contract, so he won't be around after the first of the year (from what I've read). Even EW/DK couldn't pull this off in that amount of time.......I hope!

Lastly, the nuEmma and nuJames are the only other children we've seen on-screen lately, and that was only for a couple of days. RJ and Will have been on almost everyday since last week. It looks to me like they are going down a Good/Bad Son path, with Will being badly influenced by Edmund in order to hurt Cassie. That's what I'm getting from it so far.

However, if I am wrong, IA that this "possession" story will spell DOOM to GL. They have dabbled with supernatural stories under other regimes (Dolly/Reva Clone, Time-Traveling Reva), but this one would definitely, IMO, sink the ship.

• Members

If DK hadn't done it before, I don't think he'll do it now. I'm sure EW wouldn't allow it because those two can't seem to write anything that's over the top or bizarre. I was watching clips from 2000 and the show seemed to be what ATWT was today with faster moving plots. Now it's the same old, family has problems, family's there for each other, and then Alan does something evil.

I do like Will's character. What an evil little bastard. I'm hoping that he would be daytime's tiniest villain.

• Members

IA Matt. I have no objections to Will being an "evil little bastard" at all. I just woudn't like the idea of the reasoning for his behavior to be that a demon got a hold of him.

And you're right. Creativity on this show is non-existent. EW/DK have the imagination of an embryo.

Archived