TVG's 2007 15 Most Influential People on Soaps

• Members

Let me get this straight... No one knew who Ron Carlivati was till he was promoted to co HW and then sole head writer barely six months ago and I'm suppose to believe he's one of the most influential players in Daytime? Talk about ridiculous...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whoa, you are bitting my head off. Chill. Relax. Breathe. Cool Down. :rolleyes:

Did I EVER say that ratings and quality were interchangeable? :rolleyes: Like it or not, Knots Landing did well in the ratings during LML's tenure. Let me guess: You hate it. :rolleyes:

Drucilla Winters is dead. SONY will only accept Rowell in the role. Rowell only wish to return as a ghost. Maybe Rowell should have never breathed Bradley Bell's name. <_<

Who rejected Rowell's offer to became a writer? LML? SONY? CBS? And what type of writer did she want to be on Y&R? Breakdown? Script? Associate Head? Story Consultant?

There's a pattern in LML's writing: She sends "messages". John's death was LML's "message" to the cast & crew of Y&R indicating that a new sheriff was in charge.

Í am still not clear on who initiated her firing. Was it SONY or LML?

Was it Scott Hamner who killed off Ji Min?

• Members

So nice of you to care about my mental state. Thanks. :) And no I don't hate it. If you had actually paid any attention to what I said, you would know that I absolutely LOVE Season 11. Sorry not to support your rolly eyes.

When is anyone ever dead in daytime? We didn't see a body, the possibility of her turning up alive at some point is very big. But I don't get what Rowell's supposed wish to get into writing the show has to do anything with this.... If it's even true.

Now, I will actually agree with you :o Killing off John was CERTAINLY a "I own this place now, bitches" move by LML. No objections on that.

Does it really matter who initiated Davidson's exit? LML had reduced her to doing practically nothing and, even if Sony started it, LML sure did nothing to stop it.

LML is the ep AND hw. She did it.

• Members

I did read the reasons for them and agree with some decisions but disagree with some of what they wrote such as that Frons is a soap fan...he is NOT! He is about doing what is right for him as a person and for profit, not what fans want. Now fans should not always get what they want but constantly pissing them off by backburning vets and having writers churn out bad and plot driven stories is not the way to go. I disagree with what was written by Logan...to me, he knows nothing about soaps.

• Members

I actually did not mind him bringing back McTavish in 2003 because most of her stories from 2003-2007 I did like but then she wrote some clunkers (Michael Cambias murder mystery for 03...it got better in 04, unabortion, Dixie's return, Julia and the Dragon, Ryan/Greenlee and the fight club, Jonathan/Lily) but also had some good stories (Bianca's rape, Erica/Kendall/Bianca and the Kane women, Kane/Montgomery, Krystal's baby paternity, Satin Slayer, babyswitch, Edmund/Maria/Zach, Jonathan/Maggie and domestic violence, Janet's reign of terror, Zoe/Bianca, Edmund's paralysis, Phoebe's death, David finding out he is Babe's father, Erica's intervention, Greenlee finding out Jack is her father, JR/Babe, Zach/Kendall)

• Members

It most certainly is true. The issue is that SONY was very angry that B&B scooped up Eileen Davidson when she was written off. SONY and the Bells have had some serious conflicts since Bill Bell passed away and the issue of scooping up characters (and talent) is just another thing to add. SONY doesn't have a stake in B&B and because Victoria Rowell has an audience that will follow her wherever she goes they likely felt that if she was not "killed" off Brad Bell (no fool he) would sign Victoria and SONY would have B&B on it's tail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Most Influential Executive Producer: Christopher Goutman

LML has Griffith & B. Lechowick helping her, while Goutman is steering the sinking ship on his own.

Most Influential Head Writer: Christopher Goutman

Again, LML has four main people helping her. Goutman is ...[read above]

Most Influential Script Writer: Michele Val Jean

Probably the most respected SW in daytime, wrote Luke & Laura's 2006 wedding, is given the juiciest episodes of GH to write. If Guza Jr. quit or was fired, I'm almost certain that MVJ would become GH's HW.

Most Influential Male Thespian: Anthony Geary

Four months of vacation every year, regularly rewrites his lines, is the only reason why Zeman continues to portray Bobbie Spencer, has a huge fan base, is a mainstream thespian, anything more?

Most Influential Female Thespian: Susan Flannery

The only thespian in daytime to have an entire show revolve around one character. Without her, the show is...

Archived