ATWT Friday October 5

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 6 2007, 02:26 AM)
Is Lily the female Craig, or is that Carly? Is there one positive female (with screentime) on this show?

This Nuke story has been ruined for me by the Winston twist. Here you have Frank and Delia Ryan playing his parents, but we never get to see the three in a scene together! Why give a new character a family and immediately write them off, leaving him alone? Why put Daniel Hugh Kelly and Robin Mattson, soap legends, into such throwaway roles? I wonder if they have some sort of new family members for Noah. I don't want him and Luke isolated on an island.

I think Carly was always the female Craig. She can't be ruined - she was devious from the jump, but only to do what she truly believes is right. At this point perhaps only Margo has a moral high ground. (No affairs lately. :P )

Luke won't be isolated once the colonel is gone, but Noah certainly will. For that reason alone I think Oakdale's gay population will be cut in half a year from now. I have no faith in ATWT giving them the type of intimacy Meg and Paul shared in this episode, and in lieu of that it's easier to get rid of half the couple like other shows have. Did Robin Mattson really play Delia?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

so disagree with you. i dated a guy named ryans who dad was mr anti-gay... well his dad finnaly "accepted" it, cuz Ryan stoped talking to him. Well then his dad called hima nd asked him to go out to dinner with him, and to bring me along. so we went. and we was just like we would be if a friend was there, cu we were all abot PDA.

I think a lo of it has to do with being a young gay guy in todays worldvs someone who grew up before this generation.

• Members

Yes, she did, for a short time, though not when DHK played Frank. ;) If I recall right from a soap encyclopedia, Robin Mattson left Ryan's Hope to go to Santa Barbara. And I was just a kid when RH aired, but I think Robin Mattson replaced Randall Edwards. (Of course, Ilene Kristen eventually returned to the role she originated.)

• Members

Part of the reason Luke was so torn up over coming out was the isolation he felt in his community. But suddenly Oakdale is a gay mecca where PDAs don't cause a stir. In my big metropolitan city, there are places where you can be open, and places where you'd better not. I'm not much older than Luke is supposed to be, and I still don't buy that type of open affection when your first relationship has just started, in front of a man who probably still harbors a hatred for you and your sexuality. People say that for these guys to have sex would be too soon, but excuse me, how many weeks ago did Noah leave Maddie? Now he's on an outing with Luke and his bigot father in record time, when they didn't even go away alone yet. This story is written for plot, and none of the nuances character development requires. Your experience seems like the exception to the rule.

• Members

I got to agree with the showing affection part. I have a family member who came out to his mom that he was gay. I could go on but I will get to the point. He visited for the holidays and brought his bf. The bf was hot btw...lol..but thats a whole other story. I never once saw them show affection or be intimate when I was there. If they did get intimate is was behind closed doors. Not in front of me or the other family members.

• Members

This Sophie chick is annoying. I wish they'd drop her and her storyline.

I also hate Dusty/Lily. Yawn, this storyline is so boring.

Paul and Meg were hot. I wish he would stop being an idiot and just give in to her. I really hope the developments that happened here last and that he doesnt go back to being a jerk. Its obvious he is using Rosanna and she is fooling herself to think that she and Paul have this great big love, espeically since she knows his heart lies with Meg

Now that they slept together, how much you want to bet Meg will now be pregnant, especially since Craig is trying to have a baby with her. Another WTD storyline will come out of this

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Oct 6 2007, 02:26 AM)
Did Passanante hate women this much on AMC? Is there one positive female (with screentime) on this show?

Oh, no... she just had Gillian Andrassy shot in the head, turned attorney Leslie Coulson into a raving lunatic who threw Dixie Cooney over a balcony, had Hayley Santos deal with her mother's "death" by impersonating her and sleeping with random men and had Greenlee Smythe hurl Laura Kirk overboard on a yacht while high on "Libidizone."

Not too much women hating going on under Passanante's AMC.

• Members

Hayley never slept with any one while she was "Arlene". That was one of my biggest complaints about the story. Passante played it way too safe. If she was going to have Hayley be Arlene then let her be Arlene. It was ridiculous that she didnt sleep around or even drink any alochohol. That would have been good fallout from the story to see Hayley deal with her sobriety comrpomised bc of her mental state. The show didnt even explore that and Hayley was instantly cured as soon as she found out what she was doing. The story had potential but the execution and non-existant fall out ruined that

Archived