B&B: Week of Sept. 24 Discussion

• Members

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 #5153

OK, I was not too crazy about today's episode. I loved how Ridge caught Ashley looking at the ring.

But, I am growing tired of Rick doing this flirt dance with Ashley, I hated Brooke declaring that she won't leave Ridge and Ashley alone and that she doesn't care if he is engaged, and didn't care much for the Taylor/Phoebe and then Taylor/Ridge scene, except from the fact that Taylor and Ridge hadn't shared a scene since, like, forever.

And, Brooke threatening Ashley or whatever should have been good, but it didn't really feel it. Maybe it was a case of a so-so script writer.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A leopard never changes its spots. Brooke, rape or no rape, will always be a scandalous ho in my book who puts herself FIRST before anyone else.

She's trash.

It's interesting that she is forcing herself on a man and a situation where she does not belong. How easily she forgets!

And I can't believe Brooke had the nerve to confront Ashley. THIS one I gotta see!

• Members

I’m still nearly the whole week behind but let me say this much.

I absolutely appreciate it that B&B takes its viewers seriously and tries to surprise them: having characters pop up in the middle of the episode and serving a purpose, surprise twists like Donna receiving Stephanie’s letter...

That’s how it should be done. There’s still room for improvement but generally I’m very much loving what I’m offered: a classic soap opera.

Donna & Eric, not sure what to think of them: as someone said; I'd much rather have seen the Silverfox ending up with Pam because it had more potential. But for a hasty rewrite due to Flannerys illness this story is very good.

• Members

lol...anyone else get a little Y&R deja vu when Ashley was sparring with Victoria, um I mean Katie? Its amazing how many Y&R women have found new life on B&B. Heather Tom, Eileen Davidson, Jennifer Gareis and Ashley Jones. It seems like Y&R circa late 90s

Brooke looked dumb as hell adn the mirror distorting was just bad.

When did she tell Nick about the rape?

• Members

I saw absolutely no problem with the mirror-scene.

I'm actually hoping that Brooke goes bonkers. Kinda like Kay Alden (co)wrote for Ashley twice on Y&R - that would be the only way to make this rape story still workable because the afternath has been beyond ludicrous so far as we all know. Also, Brooke already suffered a nervous breakdown once. So it's high-time for her to cope with the rape in a believable manner...

As for the fashion show - LOVED seeing so much CLARKE!!!

And Jackie, she sure shouldn't stand on this runway. I was LMAO when she yet another PR desaster on her heels at the place she was unmasked as a former hooker. Talk about embarassing. LOL!

• Members

I loved the whole tearing-the-clothes scene, it was OTT, but in a good way. Soaps are about melodrama when the storyline warrants it and we were surely given it, and in good acting. Katherine Kelly Lang has been SO fantastic with this storyline and I really hope she gets an Emmy! And, yes, I would LOVE it if Brooke had a nervous breakdown, that would be so cool!

Also loved the Ashley/Katie confrontation. Oooooh, and it seems Katie might have a past: "Look, there's a lot going on. I can't get into it on the phone. I don't know. I gotta go." STORYLINE arriving! :D

And, as Sheilaforever said, B&B is practically the only soap (apart from OLTL) that is in a good shape right now! LOVE IT!

• Members

Forgot to mention: It was so ridiculous when Thorne showed Katie that picture of them "at Ridge's and Brooke's first wedding".

Reason 1: photoshopping deluxe; Thorne still played by Jeff Trachta back in 1994 (Malibu beach wedding) and Heather Tom being photoshopped in that ugly hat Nancy Sloan (original Katie) had to wear.

Reason 2: Thorne was Stephanie's (???) date for that occasion if I'm not mistaken.

• Members

I thought it wasn't so ridiculous, because the photograph looked good and it established a past between them, despite the fact that both characters were played by different actors back then. Also, it gave them a reason to go on a date and, let's not forget, it gives out this whole "You were in front of me for so long, I was blind!" vibe!

And, anyway, I loved it because it SHOWED it was a Kay Alden move--Bell wouldn't have never thought of that and it was so respectful of the history of the show.

Archived