B&B: Week of Sept. 24 Discussion

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just happened to be home today and halfway into the show, Ridge is still saying what he needs to say to Brooke!

THANK YOU Brad Bell for giiving Ridge a brain...and thank you to the scriptwriter for putting those words into his mouth!

Please, don't screw this up!

• Members

I just happened to be home today and halfway into the show, Ridge is still saying what he needs to say to Brooke!

THANK YOU Brad Bell for giiving Ridge a brain...and thank you to the scriptwriter for putting those words into his mouth!

Please, don't screw this up!

• Members

Oh, yes, I agree! I loved how Ridge absolutely stood up to Brooke and told her that it's well over. I may like Ridge and Brooke together, but we need some stability, a couple that is together for more than a few weeks. I love Ashley and Ridge together, those two have chemistry and Ashley's attitude with all this has made her even better looking in my eyes. That is because I truly feel Ashley like a real person. She is understanding and caring, and lets Ridge do what he has to do, but when Ridge pushed too hard, Ashley let him know. And, now, they're engaged (the last scene was so touching).

Eric and Donna kissing for minutes kinda irked me today, it was all a little too much. Jennifer Gareis tried to show vulnerability and, to an extent, it worked, but all the smooching was a little too much. :D

In other news, I loved the pic with Thorne and Katie, that was very thoughtful and showed that Kay Alden is behind it (Bell thinking of that? I doubt that :D ). I really like how they are taking this slowly, that they're not trying the patented "instant-loving" B&B tradition. I guess Thursday we will have their first date and I can't wait. And, Thorne wearing leather pants? Now that I want to see!!!! :D:D:D

Now, for Brooke, begging Ridge to come back to her: OK, I don't think any woman would be interested in any men so soon after her rape. But, let's say that Brooke has fallen back in love with Ridge because he really helped her and stood up for her. Fine. Let's say they ABSOLUTELY have to give Brooke a new love interest (she hasn't had one since what? March? WRITERS: That was GREAT. Keep it up). But, does Brooke have to beg, and plead and insist like that? Why don't the writers just have her say that she wants Ridge because he's the only man she isn't repulsed by (forget Nick, everybody else is) or the only man she can trust? Why don't they have her see a therapist, or acknowledge the fact that she wouldn't make love just yet? Why does Brooke HAVE to have an interest? This summer, she had the custody/rape S/L, which had nothing to do with love conquests (or, at least, it shouldn't have anything to do with that) and it was PERFECT. The love back and forths have been so many, so frequent and so tiresome that we need a break. We NEED a break!

Still enjoy it as hell, though, and Kay Alden has really worked her magic here!

• Members

Donna is a whore. I cant stand her. I wish Stephanie was here to beat on her

I felt nothing for Brooke. She's another skank. Now that Ridge has rejected her, Im sure she'll remember that Nick is her destiny, at least for a few weeks till she flip flops again

• Members

I don't see why it "sucks" but I guess everyone has their own opinion.

Problem is that Susan Flannery's abscence was sudden and they had to make quick re-writes to prevent from falling behind on their shooting schedule. Also, there were rumors about Eric and Donna becoming an item far before Flannery left. As for Ridge and Brooke? That storyline was started a few weeks ago, before Thorne's wedding--Katie put the idea in Brooke's head that she and Ridge should and are meant to be together.

As for the rape, it has not been forgotten. Just because it hasn't been mentioned these last couple of episodes doesn't mean it has been dropped. Believe me, it will be back, full force, when Brooke confronts Stephanie. :D

• Members

Eric had nothing to do for the longest time, and then Pam came into the picture, getting very flirty with him. Instead of an interesting tale with older actors that tapped into Stephanie's family tree, Pam disappeared and now the path to Brooke is propped again by having her Barbie doll sister get it on with Eric. And he doesn't even stop to think of what his son went through with her just a couple weeks ago! Yeah, "sucks" is the word.

• Members

Oh, I don't disagree about the fact that Eric is with Donna. It's not as if I'm crazy about that pairing. And I had been hoping for months that Pam is utilized and that she gets into something with Eric.

But, it's either that, or both Eric and Donna are not used at all. I don't know which is worse.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean this as an attack to you.

• Members

If that's the case, then Brooke is more twisted than I thought.

Girlfriends needs SERIOUS therapy. She needed it before the trial and she certainly needs it now. She needs to find out for herself why she latches onto a man so much and why she feels like she needs one. But the Brooke that has developed as a result doesn't want to figure that out. And that is very dangerous, not only for herself, but for her children.

It's crazy to me that we're expected to believe that Brooke can heal with off-screen therapy and just a change of dialogue or two, especially after seeing her chased around her home and brutally attacked.

• Members

I absolutely agree that Brooke should have gone to therapy and that she should have been shown in those sessions--that would have really made for some good drama and would have give Katherine Kelly Lang some solid material to work on. But, ignoring that is so Bell, because it gives him the chance to just move forward with his storyline in that break-neck space that he likes to.

The sad thing is that the writers really had the chance to change Brooke after the Rape Storyline, to develop her as a character. Sadly, it seems that they really want to keep her the way she is, no matter what. And no matter that KKL proved that she can handle heavy material. It's a shame, it was a nice chance for them to move on.

Archived