GH: Week of September 17th

• Members

What I don't understand is why some say Liz needs to free Lucky. Why can't he free himself? Liz isn't holding a gun to his head making him stay. He's back to cheating like it's no big deal but Liz has to "free" him?! If Lucky truly wanted to be done with Liz, he'd leave and Cam and Jake aren't excuses for him to stay, just like they aren't reason's for Liz to stay with Lucky.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Really shame Nikolas and Emily have turned out so boring. I know most people thought they were boring from the time they started dating years ago, but I always liked them. I think it probably has something to do with Tyler and Natalia's constant breakups with each other, effected the chemistry. I do what whats going on with Nikolas, and if it's something medical.

Lulu getting in the car with Johnny and then running from him locking herself in the car, wow! I wonder what's going on there.

About time Liz and Lucky end their marriage, really.

• Members

I truly don't get any of what you're saying. Carly's whole character is based on "Me Me Me" and Elizabeth sort of started out that way and changed after the character was raped. Her marriage to Lucky was a plot device and they apparently had no intention of making that work so no loss there. She doesn't need to free Lucky because she isn't holding him hostage and I completely disagree that she's torturing him. He's doing that to himself and I can't say enough how stupid that character is. Elizabeth is pretty minor league in the world of deceptive soap characters and she's not scheming.

I don't think that Elizabeth was universally loved, I think she was just not the object of so much online hatred. Most of the people that hate her so much not may not have even given her a thought previously. I'm not convinced that a good portion of the online hatred she receives is not directly related to the fact that she's going to get Jason and Sam's not. Some of the haters try to use her character flaws as justification but the problem with pointing out all of Elizabeth's flaws is that they tend to support characters with even more flaws and issues than Elizabeth ever had or will have. If I were to hate Elizabeth because Sam lost out to her then I'd own it instead of masking it with some noble sounding reason. And I'm not saying that you are doing that, I am saying that some people are doing that and this is why I don't buy into character destruction as a major reason. I have never cared for the character one way or another and I am still pretty much the same way but I don't have an issue with her getting together with Jason at all.

I can't be bothered to look for morality in soaps because I think it's a waste of time since soaps are highly immoral and that's always been their selling point. When I tune into a soap there better be lying, deception, and conniving going on.

I don't know about the real Elizabeth vs the pod because she's the same character she has always been to me. Yes she's pretty wishy washy at times but she's supposed to be facing a major dilemna. The only couple I can say I liked without reservations on GH is Brenda and Jax. Most of the times I'll like certain pairings but not necessarily the characters they portray. The only two pairings that I've that gave me a strong negative reaction were Ned and Kristina (Alexis' sister) and Sonny and Emily.

• Members

Are they turning him into an evil Cassadine? His behavior would suggest so. He's getting violent, throwing glasses, insulting and verbally attacking his aunt. He's starting to scare me and he would defiently make Helena proud.

bc Liz knows all hte facts. She knows she loves Jason and isnt in love with Lucky. She knows that Lucky isnt the baby's birth father and that she's been lying about it. Lucky is in the dark and these 2 important facts could change his outlook on his marriage. He has hope bc Liz gives it to him. She tells him she loves him and only him and wants their marriage to work, but her heart isnt into it. Lucky is following her lead bc thats what she wants him to beleive. Maybe she should give him all the facts and let him make an informed decision from there. It isnt fair to him or herself the way she is handling things. She should have never married. She is the one that dragged him into this, not the other way around. Theres absolutely no reason why she should have married Lucky and she caused him alot of unnecesary pain by doing so.

• Members

They planned this s/l when they brought daddy dearest out of deep freeze. It was the reason floated for getting rid of Coltin Scott/Stephen Martines and bringing back TC. They didn't think the former was up to the challenge of playing man on the edge. I can't tell yet if this is part of a ploy to gain some more sympathy for Emily and that relationship but I'm guessing they reserve the right to blame it on a delayed reaction to whatever Jerry used to drug him.

How did she drag him into marrying her if he didn't want to do it? You've stated the reasons she shouldn't have married Lucky and he does have the right to know about Jake and she should tell him the truth. His reasons for marrying or leaving her should be based on his feelings. Since he knows she is not in love with him because she basically told him that on Monday then you could say he's staying with her for the kids but that's on him since it's not a good reason to stay in a loveless marriage. Elizabeth can't set him free but she can free herself. He knew enough to go out and sleep with Sam and got stung when Elizabeth wasn't jealous. He knows that she's not around Jason because of the danger. All that's missing is knowing Jake is Jason's but he still has enough reason to go on his merry way and hop skip it to Sam's. He's a grown man and he doesn't want to let go.

• Members
He did want to get married. However he let her go and was ready to move on with his life without her. He was in a good place and was ready to just be friends with her and had she just accepted that, the two of them would be in a much healthier place. Instead of letting him be free to move on with his life, she went and pleaded for him to take her back and said she wanted to get married. She gave Lucky hope by telling him she loved him, forgave him and wanted a future. He was compltely oblivious to all her secrets so, he cant be blame for jumping into the marriage. She's the only one that knew what was up and bc of that, she shouldnt have sucked him back in her drama if her heart wasnt in it

• Members

You didn't say how she dragged him into marrying her. According to you he wanted to get married so she didn't get him to do anything he didn't want to do. And we're probably just going in circles anyway because you make Elizabeth sound something akin to the big bad wolf and Lucky some poor naive boy. It's not about placing blame on him for marrying her but it is a choice he made and he has the choice of leaving because he knows she doesn't love him but he's still holding on. She's not begging him to stay married to her now so there is no excuse for his being there other than he doesn't want to let go of his sham of a marriage.

You seem to want some sort of ideal situation and where's the drama in that? The story may not be that creative and pretty shabbily written but it's still probably generated more conflict and discussion than Elizabeth telling the truth upfront and the two fading into the background in marital bliss.

• Members

I thought I was going to be the only one! Is it just me or does this guy have charisma! He was the most interesting thing about today's show. He's interesting and something that actually makes me want to tune in to the mob storyline they are doing right now. Lulu and Johnny have uber chemistry. I hope we get to see more of this trouble maker. He is the first GH newbie in a while that I have been absolutely thrilled to see on this show since Zander. This guy is crazy and I loved him today and he has potential to be miles more interesting then Logan, Cooper, Dillon or many of the other male protagonists on this show.

Just read his backstory! Awesome. I hope Guza jumps on this. I really would like to see more of this hell raising kid.

• Members

well I feel I did and I cant help you any further if you arent getting it. Of course I want an ideal situation bc I like the characters and dont want them hurt but I defintly not expecting that nor have I in the past. Im just sick of this never ending plot which has been going on for a year. It should have ended by now bc its gotten beyond repetitve and doing nothing for either character but further destroy them. Thats not good writing

• Members

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I do get what you're saying, I just don't agree that she dragged him into anything. He should have exercised his right to say "no," but we know had he done that there would be no story.

It's terrible writing and I'll say again that they lack creativity when it comes to telling some of these stories. They take that make 'em wait formula to the extremes but I think they like to toy with the emotions of the really invested viewers too much. It's almost like they are certain that "x" number of people are true addicts and can be strung along. Maybe they don't understand that this only leads to some people tuning them out for good. I guess some of these "geniuses" have massive egos that make them think that whatever they dish out is fine. This must be why Frons thinks viewers can be trained to accept whatever they show but he's got it wrong since it's not that the viewers are accepting it, it's that the viewers haven't yet developed the will to tune out but as that happens, he loses because they don't replenish their audience.

Archived