ATWT: Friday August 31 discussion

• Members

I finally saw the show. It was a good show but could have had better cliffhanger since it wont be on until Tuesday. I loved the Nuke stuff. I can see both sides. Luke and Noah I can relate to a lot. A line that struck me was when Noah told Luke, "It's not all about you". I was once told that by a guy. :lol: I took me back. :P

The Holden and Lily scenes were good as well. But I am tired of the scenes happening in front of the damn mall...LOL. That and WOAK. Where does Noah live? Cant they have scenes at his place or at Luke's house?

Jack/Carly/Katie....hmmmm...it was ok. But I am tiring of it. Jack is a jerk. And Katie is wearing blinders. Carly just needs to have the impression that she doesnt care anymore about Jack. Because that's what Jack loves the most the attention Carly is giving him. If she left him alone I guarantee who would be visiting Carly every chance he got!

The direction from Christopher Goutman was awful! I hated it!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've only just started watching the Luke and Noah story thanks to YouTube last night. I'm pretty much caught up.

I'm still not enjoying this story as I should because there are glaring holes in it -- no doubt because Passanante is one of the hackiest of hacks in the business. Some aspects aren't making sense and I don't think she truly "gets" it. But I have enjoyed some of the dialog at least. But the plot itself is horrible. Noah's written as a tease who knows exactly what he's doing one minute, and then as some confused, unsure, nubile idiot who just wants Daddy's approval the next. Luke, I can identify with more in this story. Especially in the beginning. Falling for the straight guys, having on crushes on friends and having those friends want to stay friends EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW YOU'RE CRUSHING ON THEM!!

I'm in a similar situation right now -- except I am far from friends with his pathetic excuse of a beard.

I'm also not sure how to feel about Maddie. Sometimes I care about her, other times I'm annoyed with her. Like for instance, I was like "you're just DUMB!" during her scenes when she decided to move in with Noah. I'm like, FOR WHAT REASON? YOU STARTED DATING A MONTH AGO! And then, other times, I do care about her, like on Friday's show. She's in the dark and she's making huge life decisions based on an equally huge lie. I was like, WORK IT, GIRL! when she called Luke and Noah out on their overused Creative Differences lie.

I just wish somebody was heavily rewriting and editing a lot of Passanante's plots (which is why I haven't watched ATWT entirely), because it's just too many beats she's skipped in this story. Too many conversations that should've been had, but weren't.

• Members

I watched the entire week's worth o shows this past weekend and it doesnt seem as bad people have been complaining about. It held my interestes through everything except the Henry/Vienna stuff. Now that was boring. But other than that, ATWT seems pretty fine to me. Granted Im not a fan so I wouldnt understand any of the criticisms

• Members

I'm not a fan, either, but I have witnessed Jean Passanante downright SLAUGHTER All My Children, and watching only the Luke and Noah storyline segments via YouTube... I have to say, I smell her horrid stench because of the uneven writing. So I can only imagine what ATWT fans are going through watching the entire show as a whole every single day -- not just 6 minutes of edited storyline.

My heart goes out to you guys. :wub:

• Members

I haven't been able to stand ATWT at all since that damn random September Ice Storm last year. It wasn't until Noah/Luke started up around the Branson storyline that I started watching again. And I still can't stand the Meg/Ryan/Craig bullshit. It is the most boring, repetitive crap. Now they brought back Cady McClain and I thought this might get me excited about something else going on with this show....but she's even boring by association. The storyline is stale :(

Also, I've been rooting for Carly/Jack for so long now, that I'm just worn out! It's like it'll never happen...

• Members

I agree completely that the storytelling has major holes in it, but I can understand Maddie. You know what it feels like when you're in an nascent part of a story, when your feelings run high and you start to feel overly attached to someone even though all that might just evaporate one day, and you try to hold on to every little bit of that other person's feelings you sense... And you try to catch her/him with your claws with every device that comes to your mind.

Archived