The Tennis Thread

What happened with Sinner? He basically walked out on court for his Rublev match and retired. People were looking forward to that battle.

Ah, foot injury:

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was assinine for them to drag an 8 month old infant into COVID-19 hotspots. How about one or both parents stay at home if they felt so strongly about the family not being separated. Querrey is no journeyman, he, no doubt has enough financial cushion to sit out this amended season.

10 minutes ago, Fevuh said:

I think he should be banned for a year.  Everyone else is following protocols and he breached it and then went on the Lam.  I just cannot imagine traveling with an 8 month old when you know the risks - get the COVID and then run.  I do understand that they said he didn't want them separated in the Hospital if they were admitted, but the dork should have gone to the tournament on his own and not had the wife and infant tag along.  

If the period of quarantine is 14 days, then the jig is up and they're probably on their way back.  I don't remember if it was the 13th or 14th that they tested positive but it's been 2 weeks.  

He should absolutely face a stiff penalty.

10 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Oh wow. Grigor beat Stefanos.

Grigor played well. Much better than in Paris. He should've won in straight sets but blew the tie breaker.

Wow, I didn't know what you all were discussing before but seeing this Zverev news and man, just awful! These ATP players have been showing their as*ses all season but this is one of the ugliest accounts I've heard all off-court season and that's saying a lot considering the messiness that has come before this.

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Wow, I didn't know what you all were discussing before but seeing this Zverev news and man, just awful! These ATP players have been showing their as*ses all season but this is one of the ugliest accounts I've heard all off-court season and that's saying a lot considering the messiness that has come before this.

Sasha has responded

https://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2020/10/alexander-zverev-ex-girlfriend-pregnant-father-brenda-patea-alleged-abuse-olga-sharypova/91588/?fbclid=IwAR0WI8DYBriz1ruHG68fUio2dsjkKyfe7TCR9xAHFw2DzkEoKidjTrPvgCg