The Tennis Thread

• Members

Something that irritates me is that Venus could've used half that energy from the crowd last night, to have a chance at pulling through and those MFs in their seats were so ultra laid back to the point of being slugs!

She was on at damn near 11pm at night, 36 with Sjogrens and the crowd was 'too cool for school'. Why couldn't they have heckled Konta's bitchy antics last night?! 

Please register in order to view this content

Nick was pretty stable until the very end when someone called out while the point was still in progress. I don't know who wouldn't be upset with that.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They were awful. Calling balls out when they weren't. And screaming during points. They were awful against Berdych too.

Yeah, Roger sucks on clay but I don't Rafa to dominate either.

Most of the fans left though after the men's match. And the match was much later on so maybe they were asleep...LOL

I am not a Nick fan at all but the fans were downright pathetic tonight.  And Roger didn't mind at all.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

The day off will help Fed. After the Indian Wells debacle, I'm not sure Rafa has what it takes to beat Roger at the moment, especially now that Roger's backhand is no longer a liability. Then again, after the ass-whupping Berdych took at the AO, I didn't think he'd have a shot at almost beating Roger here in Miami.

I bet Roger skips most of the clay season to ready himself for Wimbledon.

• Members

Novak always had to deal with heavily biased crowds when playing against Rafa and Roger. But he learned to stay focused and clutch even when the peanut gallery heckled him (see the 2015 U.S. Open final against Roger, an absolutely heroic performance against an appallingly unsportsmanlike crowd). Boris must have been thinking that a Djokovic with his sh!t together wouldn't have fallen apart so close to victory like Kyrgios and Berdych. Maybe seeing these matches will light a fire under Novak's ass to get back to dominating.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Glad I didn't waste my time with it. I'm tired of Venus losing to the eventual champion (Australian Open, Indian Wells, Miami Open). Venus needs her serve back in full effect.

Except for Serena, the others are basic as hell and Konta is the worst of all.

The one silver-lining is that Venus will re-enter the Top 10 on Monday and I think she is #1 in The Road to Singapore (whatever that means) and she's practically defended 85% of the points she earned all of last year already. Hopefully the clay will be kind to her.

• Members

I've just clicked onto the Men's Doubles championship.

I heard that the Women's championship had a lot of empty seats and I wonder whether this doubles match will have the same or more in attendance. Usually doubles championships tend to not be very well attended unless there are stars in the final. An American team is in the final but I don't know whether that is enough to draw a large crowd.