Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I had not - but I've heard that Roddick was not at all like it appeared.  I do feel kind of badly for him and I don't know how anyone could read that article, or think of history and not realize - the timing just stunk for him.  

In other news, BYE ISNER. BYEEEEE.  

And I see at least early, Stan W. is in his match....I'm kind of rooting for him.  It would be nice to see if one of the older players have a Connors year toward the end.  

• Members

The best part of the US Open was seeing Dominic Thiem. The tournament has been a snooze fest. The matches put on the main court minus Coco first match have been a bore. Tiafoe gets two center court matches yet Dominic hasn't been on center court since his win? His match against Ben Shelton was better than Tiafoe two matches combined. The ratings are tanking too. Over 50% less viewer from last year.

John isner byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee good riddance!! The admiration by ESPN is sickening!!  You sucked and TC and ESPN are still pumping your sorry ass.

Andy Murray ....just retire. You're making a fool of yourself. You should've retired during your hip surgery. Any wonder the aussies booed you after you supposedly retired??

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I cannot understand it.  I listen to them lauding praise on him like Oreos in a bad McFlurry.....and I don't get it.  Have I missed something?  Did I miss multiple or even one Slam in there?  He is not even memorable to me, and his big news in life was the 1000-999 set win against whoever that was at whatever tournament that was.  Because dude can't play Tennis.  Without the serve there would be some serious contenders to beat him at any large high school state tournament.  The most truthful thing I've heard recently was that loud comment the other night about the guy that tried 2 first serves to win a point against Isner, and double faulted....and they said "why would you DO that with John Isner?" The other said something like, "right, he could miss any return."  It was either outright said very close to that, and then they skirted away from him because I think they "heard" themselves honestly.  But it was true.  Isner-boring and ew to me.  BYE.  

• Members

This cracks me up, because, it could be me and I worry about it.  Long story.  But I'll tell it.  So - about 2.5 years ago I went through alcohol Rehab, went to a really good facility, met lots of people that would surprise you, but I won't just name it.  It's kind of "their thing".  They keep it very down-low, but the list of people and names that have been there is very long, and they are real.  This is not Malibu recovery where you then go back out and party to celebrate your recovery so that you can be on E! news again.  (If you want to know where I was, google Lynda Carter, recovery, she was on the Board of Directors for years).

Anyway, I've long had anxiety problems, my whole life.  It's why regardless of whether I like Mardy Fish or Naomi Osaka - I can't look past that it CAN be and IS very real to some of us.  But, I wouldn't become a Tennis pro.  Anyway, recovery facilities.

So - it's weird.  Because people are in there for a variety of things - as well as physical injury recoveries (usually sustained because they were bombed, repeatedly have fallen, or whatever - but there were doctors and physical therapists there to treat all of that as well).  But, people are in recovery also for Benzos - anxiety relief medications - as well as alcohol, or all of that on its own. And the doctors swap - to get you off of Klonopin, they may give you Xanax or whatever.  Then wean you off of that.  So - when I got out of the 30 day program, I had to address my own anxiety issues with my Doctor....because I had used alcohol all of those years to deal with it.  And the facility didn't want to get me hooked on any kind of addictive anxiety stuff either.  

So.  My doctor recommended pot, and I've been using it ever since.  Gummies, flower, all of it.  But - I kept a journal for the longest time while I was high, because I wanted to be sure that I "made sense" and I wasn't losing my shi*.  It's changed my life.  Except now - the eating and weight, but I'll fix that.  I needed to gain anyway, and well - mission ACCOMPLISHED on that front, now I need to get that under control.  BUT ANYWAY - I'm so paranoid about the smell and scent.  I don't do it in public, but I feel like I notice it more when I do smell it somewhere.  Recently I was in a restaurant, and went outside by an employee office (large fancy restaurant), and on the way out to have a cigarette - got knocked in the FACE with the smell of pot.  I thought.  Couldn't be sure.  Because a very good friend was going out with me, and he said....I don't smell anything.  I said - my GOD it is HEAVY....the smell isn't even LIGHT.  It's HARSH.   So, then I was worried.  Has my own usage made me more sensitive to it?  Or am I smelling things that are not there?  Do I have COVID?  SHI*!   (Paranoia hahahahahahahaa).  So after our group finished our lunch, I said to 2 other friends - we gotta go out the back.  I hadn't told them anything - and when we got near the back office on the way out...I said, can you tell me if you smell anything when we get to this hallway up here?   WELL - BOTH my friends said, GOOD GOD....POTTTT!  God, it's LOUD.  

So all of this to say - I think it's becoming more normal, but maybe we have a ghost hanging out by court 17 hahahahahaha.  Or, maybe they're all paranoid like me and they do it also in their off time. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Honestly, I don’t know what to say or think about the musical chairs of broadcasting platforms when it comes to tennis. So wildly unpredictable and unstable-you never know what will happen, which broadcast network will be airing what tournament from one season to the next.