The Tennis Thread

• Members

Yeah, but this can't last too much longer.

Stan should thank Nadal for the career win of his life [assuming he ends this in the 4th].

Nadal could have easily retired, but by sticking it out, Stan gets a win. Same thing with Ana vs Serena. Serena should not have played, but because she did, Ana got the win of her career [too bad she blew it in the next round]!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OMFG CONGRATZ STAN THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im in shocked but im happy too

He defeated the world No1 and No2 Whoa f*cking amazing ohmy.png

he is the world no3 tomorrow and so f*cking deversed

How bad is the injury of Nadal? I hope he is okay

2014 will be an interesting tennis season

Edited by Prizzle

• Members

I'm really damn tired of these commentators acting like Nadal was not visibly injured and everyone should be beating down Magnus Norman's door for his services. Stan played exceptional tennis this tourney, but Nadal handed him the biggest win of his career by not retiring from that match. Could Stan have beat a 100% Nadal? We don't know yet.

So happy Ferrer is out of the top 3. Now we need him out of the top 20. Murray can retire for all I care!

• Members

I love seeing Murray at 6....lol...Del Po would have been at 3 but he didnt deserve it after losing real early ...and Ferrer at 5...good...and he will drop more after the french open...he reached the final last year...and Murray has all the Wimbledon points to defend. I can see both dropping some more...

As for Stan...he had a great tournament but his win came by injury....I dont care how great he was playing Nadal was injured and did take a set...imagine had Nadal not been injured...Nadal might have won..although Nadal hasnt looked good all tournament long....This should be an interesting year.

I love seeing Murray at 6....lol...Del Po would have been at 3 but he didnt deserve it after losing real early ...and Ferrer at 5...good...and he will drop more after the french open...he reached the final last year...and Murray has all the Wimbledon points to defend. I can see both dropping some more...

As for Stan...he had a great tournament but his win came by injury....I dont care how great he was playing Nadal was injured and did take a set...imagine had Nadal not been injured...Nadal might have won..although Nadal hasnt looked good all tournament long....This should be an interesting year.

• Members

The new rankings......

• 1 Rafael NADAL 14330
  • 2 Novak DJOKOVIC 10620
  • 3 Stanislas WAWRINKA 5710
  • 4 Juan Martin DEL POTRO 5370
  • 5 David FERRER 5280
  • 6 Andy MURRAY 4720
  • 7 Tomas BERDYCH 4540
  • 8 Roger FEDERER 4355
  • 9 Richard GASQUET 3050
  • 10 Jo-Wilfried TSONGA 2885