Days Thursday 8/23/07

• Members

There was no thread so just in case people want to discuss....

Santeen has been good the past two days. Loved the nun interfering and Colleen's growing worry.

D&J, B&H and Marlena were nice and acted so cute. Dee looked adorable John...eh.

Loved that they reversed what JER did to Tony. He is not Stefano's son, just like it should be. Loved those scenes. EJ and Stefano getting alone makes sense. He is dying and everything gets put aside when tragedy hits.

Like seeing Kate involved and her and Sami being civil with each other was a highlight. Good ending with Kate/Stefano.

Things are getting progressively better IMO as the week reaches it's end.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I enjoyed today's epi. As ridiculous as Santo's mustache and Colleen's wig are as is the storyline convoluted, for me the chemistry between James Scott and Ali Sweeney just trumps it all. If only they could have a truly great romantic storyline that doesn't have all this baggage of a married man and a nun or a rape accusation to showcase that chemistry without any ick factor whatsoever for viewers and that doesn't have to be at the expense of sidelining Bo and Hope and John and Marlena and Doug and Julie as a Salem reading circle then it would all be so much better. Because I know while *I* like it, I hate that I don't get to see Bope and Jarlena in action TOO and I think it just sours a lot of Bope and Jarlena fans unnecessarily on Santeen because they (rightly) have a beef with the propping aspect. Just like I don't like EJ being used as a prop to make Lumi look better I don't like the supercouples propping Santeen. But I digress. I'll leave more venting to the people who truly hate it.

I enjoyed the EJ and Stefano scenes quite a bit and getting more of EJ's history in this epi, however once again they throw out this EJ history at us and it doesn't really match up with what we've been told so far. Pick an EJ mythology and STICK TO IT Dool writers. I don't care what it is, I just want it to sort of match up with things we had in the past. Now EJ spent his summers in SanWhatever with Stefano? Was that while he was being cared for by a British nanny and before he lost all contact with his family or when he was growing up in Maison Blanche with private tutors or attending boarding school in England? And now he loves Stefano again why? He seemed pretty much done with Stefano and all the trappings of being a DiMera in that talk he had with Tony last week and now his loyalty seemed switched back to Stefano and I feel like I missed an episode or a scene where something happened to cause that shift and explain why he so quickly forgave Stefano for slapping him. I mean I know Stefano is suddenly near death and that's got to be a shock for EJ, but there was just something off about all of this.

Yay for Tony getting glee at Stefano's death and him being back to not Stefano's blood son... HOWEVER... that makes it clear that their SWs and show editors don't really know their DiMera history because they let a line get through some weeks back where Roman talked about Tony and EJ sharing the same DNA.

• Administrator

Yeah, I don't have too much faith with Richard Backus as Script Editor. There's too much inconsistency like you mentioned.

However, Mike Cohen wrote today's script and I was surprised he wrote that about Tony not being Stefano's son by blood. And Monday's script which had references to Justin as "Dimples" and Adrienne/Justin's 4 kids. He wrote for DAYS in the late 80's/early 90's and seems to know his history. How about making him Script Editor!

• Members

This was a Mike Cohen script? I forgot to look. Figures that the DiMera stuff was done so well. I'd love to have a competent script editor (which is not Richard Backus IMO) but I'd hate to see Mike Cohen's scripts go away because it is those from him and Jodie Scholz that typically make my weeks of watching DOOL. I just feel like Mike Cohen is the only one on that staff who understands E.J. and Jodie Scholz is the only one who understands Sami a lot of the time.

BTW, I looked it up and it was apparently Judith Donato who was the culprit in putting in that throwaway line from Roman about EJ and Tony sharing genes at the beginning of the July 12 episode. Tsk tsk.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oRWr8R7EGxk&amp...ted&search=

How does one become a script editor, Toups? Can I or any other DOOL fans at SON apply? B)

• Members

This episode hit me pretty hard - partly due to personal situations...

EJ and Stefano were brilliant and it was one of the best soapy-soap scenes I've seen in a long time. EJ's expressions and mood pulled me into the scene as soon as he sat beside his father's bed. It was realistic that Stefano wanted to talk about his will etc, but EJ needing to talk about what really mattered captured the vulnerability and pure emotion of the situation. When he said: "And I want to thank you... for the blessing of being your son..." I felt like part of my heart was ripped out, and my eyes teared up.

Plus it gave additional insight into EJ and how he's torn between his love for Samantha and his love for his father: between the person he was raised to be and the man he wants to be - and is becoming - because of Samantha. And Stefano - his life being changed by his fathers love of Colleen and how that shaped him into the man he became. So much like EJ was molded by his father... It was like they'd come full circle.

I had stalled on Santo and Colleen until this week. Wed's episode was pretty hot; Th's less so but still decent just in a different way.

Loved Tony and EJ's conversation too. Great interaction and played off each other very well. The writing was better, more intensity, wit and realism. So far the best episode of the week, imo.

• Members

IMissAremid, I promise you, the lack of J&M and them propping them is not why I can't stand Santeen. I just can't stand them. I love James Scott, and I rooted for EJ until they had him rape Sami (which was disgusting the way he did that and then didn't even admit to it), but I just cannot stand Santo and Cooolleeennn. Or, well, Borat and the Lusty Nun as I call them -- AKA - BUSTY.

• Members

There were some great soap scenes today as most of you have already mentioned. I actually liked the way EJ was written today. Imagine that! I really like it when characters are interacting with others outside of their immediate circle. That is what makes for a better balanced show. Great to have an episode that didn't feature the younger crowd. Loved the Kate, Lucas and Sami scenes. Liked the civility but it won't last!

Toups, a question for you: How do you know who is the script editor? I know how to tell who is the script writer but that is all. thanks.

• Members

I agree. I thought EJ and Stefano's scene was really excellent. A lot of emotion there. EJ is clearly conflicted, torn between the man he was raised to be and the man he wants to be.

I was very surprised when Tony said he wasn't Stefano's son--I had been convinced they had forgotten all about that little bit of history. A lot of the newer viewers are probably very confused.

Archived