New Direction Of GH

• Members

I have found much new energy in GH the past month. I am loving the intergration of the characters who would normally don't interact. I love the use of veterans in the storylines. I am also becoming a big fan of some of the new talent allowed to shine. The Quartermains have always been the best hidden treasure on this show. They have the talent to carry a front burner story, and the skill to steal supporting background scenes. The way they have become protective of Lulu is so realistic. They did the same thing with Celia, Alexandria, Emily, Jason and it is geniune and true to their nature. I love the way Alan has remained on canvas, his interaction with Tracy is spectacular. He needs to be allowed to interact with other people though. The story telling is improving. This baby story has cross the entire canvas and still has potential. Once the Quartermains discover a new heir, we know what will happen. Monica and Jason have always had an interesting relationship, and this will give Alan's Ghost a reason to interact with others. This story also allows Nicholas to interact with his cousin and brother. And how about this possibility=Sam is a Cassadine, who better that to help her plot revenge against Elizabeth (a Webber) and Carly (A Spencer) than Helena herself. I am surprised she has not tried to influence Sam upon discovering another Cassadine in the city. As for the new talent: Spinelli will win an emmy and will become a GH legend. He is fresh, funny and entertaining. Amelia I must admit I can't take my eyes off of her. I am glad she is away from Sonny because I like her chemistry with Jason and Ric better. Kate, is a much needed change from Sonny's type. She is a breath of fresh air with style and an obvious back story that I am interested in. I never thought I would be loyal to any mob lawyer other than Justus or Alexis, until I saw Dianne in action. She needs to be woven into the community outside of Sonny and perhaps revealed to be someones mother perhaps Cooper. I will be the first to admit I did not like the recast of Maxie, but I will eat my words. That girl is brilliant as an antagonist yet I can root for her as well. She reminds me of Bobby years ago in the Scotty/Laura story. I agree that Felicia's absence doesn't make sense and is not in character. It is time for Laura to come home and help Lucky deal with his life. Please let Luke Return with some hope. GF has proven herself with her much deserved win for supporting actress last year. GH would be foolish to pass up an opportunity to flesh out this canvass. One thing I give the vets of GH, they are talented. More Bobby. Edward, Monica and Scotty is needed. With the success of Nightshoft, perhaps we can move the entire mob stuff to the night and focus on rich-history laced story telling to get GH back where it belongs. There is so much talent that either you balance many stories at once or some people have to be neglected. I want to see more Ephipanny, Lainey and Stan. I want to see Luly, Coop, Maxi & Logan, I want to see Carly, Jax, Alexis and Jerry, yet I also like Anna & Noah, Robin and Patrick, Sonny, Kate & Amelia, Emily, Jason and Lucky and Sam. I still want closure with Ric, Alexis and Molly, Helena and Luke, Tracy, Scotty and Luke there are so many combinations and many stories yet untold but I find myself more excited about the entire show lately.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They need to integrate Bobbie into these frontburner stories. She has history with most of the major characters (she was engaged to Jerry, she's Carly's MOTHER, she's Luke's sister, she was Scotty's lover, she was Noah Drake's lover, she's Lulu and Lucky's AUNT). Yet nothing of it has been utilized.

It's insane.

• Members

I think they need to continue to work on pacing of their stories and balance. They are still using two many of the same characters and having them take up most of the airtime. Distribution needs to improve. Other than that I can agree with your comments.

• Members

GH has the right idea, but need to work on their execution. One of the positive things I can say about GH is that their recurring characters are truly developed. We know who Epiphany, Milo, Max, Amelia and Diane are, among others. Not only does GH give the recurring charaters a little meat to their bones, they also cast charming and charismatic actors in those roles. Carolyn Hennesy (Diane), by far, is my absolute favorite. She has taken the role of Sonny's Mob Lawyer and worked the HELL out of it, with Annie Wersching (Amelia) coming in second, with me. Unfortunately for Annie, if they don't find something else for the Amelia character to do outside of Sam's world, I don't think she'll be lasting long.

• Members

You bring up a great point about Amelia needing to interact with more people. I find her fascinating and I picked up on good vibes with she and Jason. I think there is a place for the media in PC and she could easily switch gears as a reporter who is mob friendly and still tackles big stories like murders, corporate issues (ELQ and the condom class action law suit), or she could start writing a book that would hold many people's secrets. Her character has possibilities I just wish she hadn't been connected to Sonny so early.

• Members

You hit on exactly what I was going to write but deleted before I posted because I didn't quite know how to express it (and that's a huge compliment coming from me! LMAO!). If Guza & Co. could expand from the Mob World, Amelia would be the perfect instigator. Tabloid journalism or something. Striking certain truths of situations and exploiting them and being "no holds barred" with it. People can be angry and fed up with her, but can't say too much because they know she's telling the truth -- which is exactly how she was with the Sam situation. Even when she was caught out, she owned up to it, laid her cards on the table and still pressed on! She has that "eye" that is much needed in Port Charles -- the ability to see situations as they are, despite personal attachment. She despised Sam, but also realized that her vendetta needed to take a backseat to the success of Everyday Heroes -- but still never missed an opportunity to stick it to Sam. I can totally see her saying "Yeah, you may feel this way about this situation, but the public really wants to see it from THIS angle, and I'm going to give it them," and that works, not only with the mob, but as you said, with ELQ and murder mysteries (I could totally see Amelia getting the juice on the Scott/Laura/Rick Webber drama) and even with issues at General Hospital, taking Patrick to task for his renegade surgeries or putting Dr. Ford on the hotseat for dismissing patients without insurance.

The Amelia character, as played by Annie, definitely has possibilities.

As it is, I still wanna know about Amelia -- why she and her father were estranged? What made her so detached from situations where ratings and advertising dollars made her choose Everyday Heroes over avenging her father's death? SO MANY DAMN POSSIBILITIES!

• Members

I think Amelia and Ric would be interesting together. I love to hate her but she needs to move on from Sam bc she's sounding like a broken record. Nothing new has happened here in weeks and I dont see anymore potential from this Sam vendetta. They need to have her move on

• Members

Amelia as the media antagonist is a great concept. So many half-developed stories could be re-explored through the media's eyes with tough questions being asked. Especially where the PCPD is concerned. They have got to consider replacing Max who has been unable to solve a single crime in years. With Anna in town why is he still Police Chief? My does the mayor spend more time in court and the police station than City Hall? What about another election with some real issues being moderated by Amelia and the press? Amelia and Ric, Jax, Jerry, or even if she goes for the needing daddy's approval and hit the older men, Scott, Luke, Mike so many possibilities indeed. I am interested in your opinion of Kate Howard? She reminds me of Tracy meets Lois perfectly blended.

• Members

The only new direction I have seen is that the history of GH is HISTORY.

GH now begins with the rebirth of Jason. We get more mob stuff while the criminals are still being glorified and the women can't drop their panties quick enough.

If this is the new direction, just give me Steve Burton in the buff. I'd certainly enjoy that!

ANDREA

• Members

Yeah, GH has been GREAT since around May-ish. I love all the storylines and can't wait for every episode, it reminds of the GH of old in many ways. And Sonny is tolerable and I LOVE him and Kate together. I just can't wait for the Lucky finds out about Jake being Jason's son and all that reveal coming out, I know it's going to be great.

• Members

I don't really see a Quartermaine resurgence. Tracy running around talking to Alan's ghost doesn't count! I do like that Carly has been able to move on while Sonny is preoccupied. The way Bobbie is excluded from everything that should involve her character is silly as hell. And the Jason/Liz/Lucky/Sam baby story is great. It reminds me of Tom/Margo/Hal/Barbara on ATWT. When the truth breaks out, I hope Luke gets involved, to the degree that he was around for Lulu before her abortion.

Archived