AMC: Monday, July 23

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amazing episode! The opening said it all to me and I loved all the exterior shots, the exterior of Pine Valley Hospital that used to be used alot back in the day! The slow motion and rewinding of events leading up to Kendall's arrival was spot on. Thank goodness Amanda L. Beall took a day off. I love how they seem to give emotional episodes to Joanna Cohen! Her dialog is so refreshing.

Babe, the resident baby stealer. She should get a job as a police consultant in baby nappings :lol: Alexa really did a good job today, I loved it and her and Josh's interaction was kind of cute too. Not forced like it once was, but necessary because they were so intertwined once upon a time.

Zach and Kendall rock! And...... a baby boy! Love they are dropping Ethan too and moving on from all that jazz...

Greenlee.... my goodness.... they can never revert back from this... I don't care if she was decicing at the last minute what she was doing was wrong. It was wrong the minute you turned that car around in the first place. Greenlee is 10 times worse than Babe ever was. Her intent was to steal that baby and not care about anyone else. Babe didn't intend to steal any baby, but then found out and kept it secret.... sure still bad but what Greenlee did, so much worse. Cold hearted and utterly psychotic.

Ryan needs to die too, its his fault all this happend, really.

• Members

I thought that today's show was well written. It had nice little mentions of past history and I felt that all of the scenes in the Lavery/Slater orbit were well written, well acted and exceptionally well done. I have no clue what is going on with the other half of the show. Levenn is becoming a monster air hog and Ava is just becoming annoying in her eternal pity party.

Sabine only knows how to emote one emotion well and that is sorrow and loss. Everything else seems forced and contrived. She always seems to have this sad facial expression when she's on screen and I thought that when she first came on she did a good job of showing Greenlee's pain and loss now it's just an overused acting style Sabine has adapted to.

ICAM. Word to your entire post because that is exactly what happened. I also want to add that Babe has been a true friend to Kendell threw out this entire ordeal and you could tell that Babe truely loves Kendell and wants what's best for her and her children. There is no doubt that Babe wants Kendell and both of her children to be okay. Babe proved that she was a true friend to Kendell. After all that they have gone threw Babe truely loves Kendell as a friend.

Alexa was awesome as a supporting actress today. She did well in all of her scenes and she proves that she is exceptional even when the focus isn't on her. She gives 100% and I am going to be sad when she leaves because her work is commendable. Her scenes with Josh, Ryan, Zach, Kendell and Jamie were all spot on. I loved that they had some interaction between Josh/Babe because we see that they have a history together and the kiss on the check was perfect because it was incrediablly realistic. I loved Babe trying to clam Ryan and Zach down and trying to offer some hope that maybe Greenlee just had a flat tire but inside they both knew that Greenlee took him.

Jaime and Babe also know were Greenlee's mind set may be at concerning Spike that was a nice nod to history too.

• Members

Bad Boys Ryan

Just the facts maam! That is what Ryan exclaims to Babe today when asking where the Green Butterfly has run off to and she is nowhere to be found. Maybe she is going to turn into a Ryan and morph into Supergirl and save the world from the dreaded Dr. Sperm who will impregnate all those who have gone through menopause and make their lives too busy at an old age with children strapped on the way. So here we go again with Ryan acting like Super Cop and wondering where everyone is and perhaps while he is busy trying to figure this all out he can start learning the alphabet and then once that happens he can go buy his brain off of eBay. But I just wonder what kinds of questions Ryan would ask in this type of situation. How about: When is Dynamite Kiddo going to get married? Should I be saving the world from Liz Taylor adding another Missus on her name and bothering the people in the family court once again? When will my whack whack ever start to grow past 2 millimeters? How about that Kendall wow she has a real man in Zach...why am I not a real man? That is because you pretend to be a superhero and anyone who pretends is a fake DUH Ryan! So how about go die in one of these ways...get bored to death watching Rosie O'Donnell do karaoke or die by lethal injection but they inject you with Super Lethal Urine that will kill everything starting with your Dynamite Kiddo ballz and then moving on to the Dynamite Kiddo scrotum and finally the .5 millimeter brain that rests inside your Super Cranium? Maybe you can die by being swallowed by a 20 breasted chicken with its legs, thighs, rhys, bys, guise, and all the other parts that are associated with it. Oh the love of Ryan and his little cop escapade and acting like he is on Dragnet. But Ryan is still as useless as a homphobe in San Francisco!

• Members

Yeah it was a good episode. The Zendall scenes were so good - and I was tearing up to the hospital scenes and the Greenlee/Spike crash scenes. I'm happy Greenlee realized what she's doing was wrong and turned the car around. It'll be interesting to see this play out....the directing for the car wreck was really well done. It looked like a really seriously bad car wreck. Poor Spike!

I'm tired of Ava/Jonathan - until they can move on and get somewhere. Today was all repetitive to me.

It was nice to see the Wildwind gang have fun at Krystal's place today. Why does Jacob Young look so squinty and coked out though? It's baaaaad.

Oh and Jamie looked hot in his scrubs today.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

• Members

Adam and I were discussing this Greenlee/Spike thing. I love trying to put myself in other characters shoes and gain a different perspective other than just what fans have or what the writers want the viewers to have. So anyway, here is my thought on the whole drama:

Sure - everyone is screaming for Greenlee do FOAD and she is never going to recover from endangering Spike. WELL - I'm going to actually have a little sympathy for the girl. I mean she ultimately decided to do the right thing. She didn't go through with it, she found her heart, and she made the right decision. Now she's in the wreck and almost died and is hanging upside from a car crying. I feel bad for her!

Now, I know you are saying I'm crazy. BUT, Greenlee's car wreck was not a direct effect from her minute-long kidnapping plot. The kidnapping didn't necessarily cause the wreck. Kendall was JUST as negligent with Spike when she didn't pull over. She was swerving her car all around with Spike and Babe in the car with her. She was just as negligent in the car as Greenlee was, but of course no one will want to see it that way. I'm not saying I support Greenlee 100%, but I can't see this as a moment in time that Greenlee can ever recover from. Kendall could have just as easily killed Spike with her negligence.

Anyway, that's my two cents...

• Members

Granted that Kendall could have done the same thing...Greenlee made the choice, NOT Kendall to race off with Spike to have him all to herself...that to me is far more unforgiveable than Kendall having Spike in the car with her... Kendall, wasn't in the know about going into premature labor; Greenlee, however, took the situation and made it about herself and did something without a simple thought until the very end....

• Members

A-Man, I will say you do have a valid point. I still hate Greenlee for what she has done and her poor, psychotic choices. But she ultimately realized she was in the wrong.... I just fear it will all be swept under the rug just to prop her. That's my main fear. If we see Greenlee shunned by practically the whole town.... and having to work her way back into everyone's lives and no one welcoming her back with open arms, propping her, "understand" her choices... then I will probably grow to love Greenlee once again.

The Greenlee I have seen since her return is the Greenlee I saw for her first two years on AMC. Two years I really hoped to forget.

Obsessive, borderline psychotic.... and above all annoying as nails on a chalkboard.

• Members

Well knowing Greenlee's past (save 2005ish) - this isn't a major surprise. The fact that she realized what she was doing is wrong and decided to turn around and do the right thing says a lot more. I'm not going to condone the actions of babynapping by any means - but the girl has gone through A LOT and it only makes sense for her to let her emotions take over and act out. This is such a Greenlee thing to do (throwing Laura overboard anyone?). I mean she's put people's lives in danger before - mostly hated characters though, so I guess that's ok, huh? ;)

But Kendall knew she wasn't fit to be driving and Babe tried to get her to pull over. She wouldn't - and again she swerved off the side of the road with her baby in the backseat. She could have easily wrecked like Greenlee and put Spike in danger. Again, Greenlee's wreck wasn't a direct cause/effect with her brief plan to kidnap. She was reaching down for something and took her eyes off the road - which everyone has done before - and it could have happened to her just following Kendall before she wanted to take Spike.

Archived