DAYS: John Black's Identity

• Members

It's probably because I didn't get to actually see Wayne as Roman, except for a few clips, but I find nothing wrong with Josh Taylor as Roman. And since the majority of DAYS fans are from the mid-90s and on, they probably see nothing wrong with Josh Taylor as Roman either.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I see him as Chris Kositchek and not Roman Brady. He's a good actor IMO but it's horrible when you see an actor come back in a role that wasn't even theirs' to begin with.

The problem I, and many long-time Days watchers have is mainly that he was and to many IS Chris.

• Members

Exactly and I would say the majority of Days fans don't buy Josh is Roman because they did see Wayne. Wayne didn't leave until 1994 and many recent fans got hooked during buried alive so those fans probably are in that same boat. Sure, those fans Days gained after the possession story won't care but those that have seen Wayne and Drake in the role do, at least in my experience.

• Members

SHELLE are nothing like what happened on GL, they have a child for christ's sake! Should John be made Roman, that would make Claire a product of incest, end of discussion. That's a huge social taboo and one that I think Days would never want to deal with. How weird would it be to have the whole town know that two cousins, that share a bloodline, created a child?

• Members

You guys are right. It's probably strange seeing an actor, who previously played a character playing another character that was someone else's. However, it's been 10 years and I think Josh Taylor being Roman is something fans are just going to have to deal with.

THANK YOU!!! It's not going to happen. Corday won't allow Shawn and Belle to be split up. And if Hogan's true about what he says about not liking incest, it's surely not going to happen.

• Members

Exactly. There are ways to do it. The majority of fans just can't take JT. He has fans, especially the Kaman fans, but long-time fans just can't accept him. It's been ten years now and they still haven't. It's not just the Chris thing but he just doesn't carry himself like Roman. He is just a generic cop-type and he doesn't even scream romantic hero. He just feels out of place as Roman and it's something that is always going to be a problem for many.

• Members

I wouldn't say the majority. Old time fans yes, but most of those old time fans are no longer with the show. And DAYS got it's biggest round of fans in 94/95 after Wayne left, this was around the possession storyline. Right after that, Josh Taylor came on and he's been playing Roman ever since. Can you believe it's been 10 years? I can honestly say that I remember reading the SOD article that broke the news he was coming onto the show playing Roman.

• Members

I'm sorry, but they already went through the trouble of force-feeding us how much Shawn is Claire's father and giving us that whole Shelle on the run mess, just to prove to us, that Shelle is Days destiny. There's no way they're going to drop the Shelle pairing now and I can't see Hogan or Corday ignoring their familial relationship, should they by some chance make John into Roman.

• Members

I would say the majority because I have never seen an actor so widely criticized for not fitting a role as JT is with Roman. It's one of the biggest miscasts ever and him playing a character on the show previously makes it worse. Days gained alot of fans from buried alive and then gained many more with the possession so there was still a fair amount of recent fans that know Wayne, on top of old-time fans who aren't gone completely. Many of them are still watching. The ratings just don't count them and not as many of them post, although there are quite a few here and on the Sony boards.

I do think Hogan will address John's past so we'll see what route he goes. It's interesting to say the least.

• Members

Claire could easily be Phillip's. With all the DNA mixups that hospital has seen, what is one more? I don't see Shawn and Belle together for the long haul, but I know I am in a vast minority. If Claire is Phillip's that clears up the whole child and incest thing.

Within 3 days, Hogan completly changed the character of Tony around. He can definately do it with the Roman's. Although, he might need four days.

And if GL didn't kill off Tammy, I bet you we would have eventually seen a Tammy and Jonathan child, but that will never to be.

• Members

Yes, exactly! I don't really care how much that story was pushed it can still be fixed. And if it would push Shelle further apart I'm all for it LOL

And also, yes, I know Shelle is Corday's baby. But he can easily save them by making Belle someone else's daughter. I'd say the character JT would play if John turned out to be Roman. That could be easily explained as well since she was once thought to be the nineties' Roman's daughter.

Both options are options that could make sense and avoid incest.

• Members

So lets add more paternity problems to the millions that DAYS has had in the past. To me, Josh Taylor is Roman Brady. He's been Roman Brady for 10 years, and I don't see anything changing. Therefore, I'm seeing John Black being someone completely different than Roman. I love, love, love Linn's idea of having John and Marlena as past lovers, maybe in college or something. It could fix the Alex North story and make some sort of sense to that one, and it also strengthens John and Marlena's connection as star crossed lovers destined to be together. They were pulle apart in the past, but fate miraculously brought them back together.

Archived