DAYS: John Black's Identity

• Members

Since Drake Hogestyn came onto the show in 1986, every single head writer attempted to establish his identity. He was Roman Brady, Forrest Alamain, a priest, a mercenary and he is now currently Daphne DiMera's son, Tony's half-brother. As of yet, I have seen no indication that Hogan is going to attempt to tell the story of John's past, but the chances of him doing so, based on previous writing history, are high. So if Hogan were to tell John's story, how would you want it to end? Who do you want John Black to be?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Zapato (inside joke)

No, I think if the story is told and told correctly, he should be Roman Brady. The man currently walking around as Roman is Chris Kostichek. I think it would be best that John Black turn out to be Roman Brady. Wayne Northup is never coming back, so have John be Roman. It would work.

• Members

Would Shawn and Belle share blood? Shawn has Horton and Kirikas blood. Belle would have Evans and Brady blood. But Caroline is the mother of both Bo and Roman so yes, they would share blood.

But you know, if GL can do it, so can Days!

• Members

Roman Brady. That's who he is IMO. If not, then they need to explain John's history to tie in with Marlena's. They need to explain that connection they had in 1986. Have them having been lovers, and then John disappeared, Marlena grieved and that's why she moved to Salem.

• Members

Roman Brady! That's really who he is, as others have said. I don't care about Shelle, Claire can be Philip's or if they really want to keep Shelle together make Belle the daughter of JT's character. The thing is WN is obviously not coming back, and the time he did come back it wasn't even as Roman! JT is Chris Kositchek, NOT Roman Brady. It would pretty much undo the damage by making John Roman, and I think DH would be better than JT as Roman. Honestly it's who John IS! And I mean it was who Marlena originally loved! It'd be ridiculous IMO to make John some random person like people have been making him.

And it would most likely end Shelle, thank goodness!

• Members

The timelines would be all kinds of fugged up (other than the fact that it would finally explain why they are setting this Colleen-Santo romance in the 1950s when we know Stefano and Shawn should be much older then) but I would love it if this feud storyline wound up revealing John Black was the secret love child of Santo and Colleen.

It would finally give him a role in this Bradys vs. DiMeras storyline, and as much as I don't like him right now, I think it's wrong for the show not to include him and him being the original Brady-DiMera baby would be perfect.

It would explain why he has bonded so closely with the Bradys yet also how he came to be a pawn of the DiMeras because Santo's family would have been the one raising him. And it would explain the hatred Stefano has had for John and all the bad things he's done to him because he would have had jealousy/resentment to John for being the product of his father's affair.

Other fun fallout from this is that...

-it will mean that if EJ shot John, he shot his uncle and the son of his lookalike, causing all kinds of drama.

-John could still be a Brady but Claire wouldn't be a product of incest the way she is if it turns out John is actually Roman.

-John would be a real DiMera and not just the son of Daphne. It would force the show to explain how the blood tests showed him related to Andre and what that meant if Andre wasn't actually Tony like everyone thought he was when the tests were run.

-The paternity issue is a question that needs answering before John Black is written out of the show and if this shocking revelation comes out it would give closure to the character if Drake is really not coming back when his contract is up.

• Members

If they could erase that whole story of him being Tony's brother that would bring a smile to my face; especially considering now they have it written where all that time that John was battling Tony it was in actuality Andre....That right there should make that John is Tony's brother null and void.

• Members

I'm with those that say that John should go back to being Forrest Alamain. It's the most logical in my mind.

Having him be Roman Brady would ruin Shawn and Belle, and I'm sorry, but Corday would never do that. SHELLE is his "money couple," remember? They would most certainly share a blood line: Caroline. Caroline is the mother of both Roman and Bo, so yes Shawn and Belle would be cousins. The show has too much incest in it's history to begin with. Don't load more.

I like Linn's theory of John and Marlena being lovers in the past before John had his surgery. It seems to me there was more than just fate that brought those two together.

• Members

It would even explain Alex North. He was constantly saying he was going to make John & Marlena paid for something they'd done to him? When? When they belived he was helping Marlena get better?

It would be sweet. Fate reunited them after Stefano tortured him for years? She saved him, without knowing he was her first true love?

• Members

I agree. I would like it to go either way. I like how them being past lovers could help explain Alex North. I do think Hogan will erase John and Tony as half brothers. Part of me also thinks he will dive into John's past a bit. Like Tishy said, if GL can do what it did so can Days. Shelle is Corday's money couple but they could still be together. JT will never be Roman and it seems Wayne won't come back so make Drake Roman. Roman is a vital character and doesn't feel like one with JT in the role. He sticks out as a sore point in this feud story.

It would be pretty easy to make John back into Roman and I hope it happens. JT being Corday's buddy could hurt the chances but JT could always stay on in another role.

Archived