DAYS: John Black's Identity

• Members

The only problem I see with that is why that Frank, Martha, Sam, or Trista never mentioned him to her at all. And they have all been on the show at one point. It just seems extremely weird to me none of them would ever mention her to him at all.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Brash and Cwickly made John, Tony's half bro. This was around the time we found out Rex/Cassie were Marlena/Tony's children.

I still don't understand why they did that other than they wanted a "connection" between John/Tony in the "triangle."

I don't think we have to worry about John's idenity being changed. Hogan doesn't like John and doesn't want to write for him.

• Members

I don't know about that. I feel that Hogan has been the first writer to actually get John in years. He's no longer aggrivating as he has been in the past. They toned him down one hell of a lot and it's been successful. You see less John bashing posts nowadays.

• Members

But keep in mind Sam at first wanted to hurt Marlena. She could easily have hurt her by telling her about her long lost lover. Hurt her very much if she knew how to do it IMO

To me it just doesn't make too much sense!

• Members

Hmmm yes true.

On the other hand, Sam might have wanted Marlena to remain amnesiac so she didn't even have a better life. But also she could have just as easily used it to hurt her. But of course, she did want to be Marlena, not necessarily want to hurt her, I suppose.

• Members

I think this is pretty apparent, too. And it's a shame because this is actually one story that I would want to see have John Black back in action again and is absolutely the perfect vehicle to establish his paternity once and for all.

And wow am I surprised by how many people are coming up with creative ways to explain the Alex North nonsense and tying that into their hopes for John Black's identity. I simply prefer to pretend that whole mess never happened. God I hated that storyline.

• Members

To me, Wayne's Roman is Roman. From the moment Roman "fell" in 1984, Stefano has used any means necessary to torture his loved ones and him. This, to me, includes John's tenure as Roman. I do not think he should be Roman, because I think him being a pawn all along is a wonderful part of "the game". Stefano could have NEVER made Roman a pawn and would never have wanted to. Roman was his advesary, not to be controlled, but to be toyed with. And Josh Taylor's Roman has never been correct. He's not the same character. I don't give two craps about how long he's been here. This is a 40-year-old show, and continuity matters, period.

I love Linn's conception of Alex North and John in Marlena's life before Salem. And the concern with her family not knowing about him? They could have just as easily been completely out of that loop of what caused the amnesia. Say she was in med school with Alex, John was her lover, whatever, Alex got crazy jealous and did something. If few people knew what Alex did, very little information could have gone back to Sam, Martha, Frank, and Trista.

I personally think that making John Forrest Alamain made the most sense and gave him the firmest direction he's ever had. We all know Josh Taylor is no going anywhere and he's not going to play another character, no matter how hard we wish. And I don't want either man to be Roman. Most of his time as Roman, I've always felt he was meant to be someone else.

Archived