B&B: Is ANYONE on Brooke's Side These Days?!

• Members

I kind of thought this deserved a thread of it's own...I know that I used to be a staunch Brooke defender(along with BadZoe and sometimes Cat), but I have to know if anyone can defend her actions these days?

Brooke jumped the shark for me when she left Ridge in Australia and hopped on Nick hours later, without having even seen her own kids. I used to think people gave Brooke a bad and unfair rap, but after all this, it's no surprise to me what people(who hated her from the get-go) saw in her. She's just a selfish, conniving whore.

I really can't stand her arrogance and flaunting her body. She's just a really disturbed individual and I'm glad they are using her history of men in and out of her life and her history of neglect against her.

I just have a hard time rooting for her character anymore.

Is anyone out there defending Brooke?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was a defining moment, imo. But it's not really about the character for me. It's about the fact that the writers chose to take Brooke that low. This back and forth between Ridge and Nick has destroyed Brooke for me. How can anyone believe her when she says she loves them at this point? I'm not sure if the character can ever be interesting again.

• Members

For me it's not a matter of defending Brooke or not defending her.

I'm sick of everyone on the show sitting down and talking non-stop about Brooke or Ridge. On any given day say Stephanie, Taylor, Donna & Bridget will talk on and on Brooke this or Brooke that, Brooke & Ridge this Brooke & Ridge that, and none of it will be propelling any story forward. Or it'll be the same story over & over and they still sit around talking it to death.

However contrived a couple of things were that built to this I have to say I'm loving this story. It's actually something happening and not everyone spinning wheels talking about Brooke. It's different, it's interesting, and it's hugely emotional. Just what the shows all need at this point. It's gut wrenching watching a woman having to go through seeing her kids being removed.

I've also been loving that child protective services woman (Dorothy?) and the policeman. Both of those are excellent characters and are played by extremely talented actors.

• Members

They need to give Brooke a real counselor, and I don't mean Taylor. I'd love to see more of Brooke's mental and physical breakdown and for them to explore her past and try to explain why she is the way she is.

Brooke needs some good therapy and a few days at a nut house if possible.

• Members

I'd be even happier if Brooke went to a nut house and bumped into the real Sheila.

But yes, exploring Brooke's past and why she behaves the way she does would be a much-improved show.

Showing the rest of her family again would also be a huge improvement. I always found it bizarre they wrote them all into the background then off somewhere and started obsessing only about her & the Forresters. More balance is needed. Even when they brought Donna & Storm back they're only there to be cheerleaders for Brooke or Ridge. Or to prop up the sets alongside Felicia, Thorne and everyone else who can't run around saying "Brooke Brooke Brooke" or "Ridge Ridge Ridge." Or be the equally obsessed-about Phoebe. Yikes.

• Members

Well, Brooke suffered a huge hit when she bedded Deacon, and I've really hated her relationship with Nick, but I still root for her. (the jump the shark moment for me was when she took Nick back after he bedded Bridget..) I thought this crap with Steph and the social worker was so over the top today it wasn't funny. I can't believe that some "history" of mental problems from about 20 years ago factors into the decision to remove the kids from their mother. I only wish Steph's mental history got her thrown in the booby hatch just once.

• Members

I'm always on Brooke's side but I sometimes have those wtf moments with her! Like when the firefighters were in her house, I was thinking, hey Brooke why don't you jump on him and make another baby.

KKL definitely deserves an Emmy for her performance yesterday. She didn't cry as much as usual but it still struck a chord with me.

• Members

I'm on her side during this story.

I've been in camp Brooke to begin though. She's a complex character and one the cores of B&B but she's been always a little slut who's been manipulating (started back in the day when she hid Ridge's letter to Caroline in 1987...) and became more evident over the years (e.g. Breacon). However it's a love-hate-relationship depending on the story.

In recent years the character was on some occasions tarnished and very much ruined (just like Ridge for that matter) because of this endless back and forth which is simply annoying. The post Sydney-monent was defnitely a new low.

Ever since both Brooke and Ridge have gained lots of momentum and I haven't been this open/neutral to either character in many many many years. The writing has been very good overall on B&B and both character have also benifitted from it especially since they are now more or less seperated.

• Members

I just watched the entire week this weekend and was surprised that this story basically filled so much of the week. I also was surprised when Stephanie first came over and talked to the children and did not trash Brooke. She reassured them that everything was OK, that their mother was going to be fine, etc. (I fully expected she would turn into evil Stephanie and try to manipulate them.) Of course, Steph saves the manipulation for Brooke, who really needs to straighten out her life. I wonder if this is being used as a set-up should the Nick/Taylor's baby end up as Brooke's and her ability to be a fit mother. I did like the scenes with Brooke and Taylor. It's too bad that tenuous friendship may end.

• Members

It was kind of backhanded though...or maybe I read too much into the dialogue. Her exact words were: "Don't worry about your mother. She always takes good care of herself." Implying that she takes care of herself, but not of her own kids. Y'know? It was kind of bitchy, but kind of clever at the same time.

I do find it interesting that she wants Hope to be considered part of the family now, especially because when Taylor came back in 2005, she told Brooke that RJ needed to be raised by Ridge and Taylor. Brooke asked in her usual whiny voice, "What about Hope!?" And Stephanie said "We love that girl, but you know she was never really a part of our family." LMAO.

I can agree with that! Girl's got issues!

• Members

Brooke is an absolute mess and I do feel sorry for her. She needs to get her life together for the children's sake, but you know that is so not going to happen once everything comes out about the baby Taylor is carrying. B&B was actually really good this week. I adore Ridge and Ashley. She makes him tolerable for me again. Thank God I didn't really see Constantine. He's ruining the show IMO.

• Members

Brooke is a better person but sometimes she can be a B!tch! But right now I really do feel bad for Brooke. The reason why is because she loves her kids and everyone knows that but they still take her kids away from her. Also the fact that Ridge does not want to give the kids back to her. :(

Archived