DAYS: Wednesday, June 27th

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK I liked this episode but...

Hope's "horizontally busy" come-on to Bo was tone deaf. I could tell immediately it was something Hogan would write not something Hope would ever say.

I'm entertained by Steve but it's retarded the DiMeras trust him or would think for one second he wasn't deprogrammed. His last mission was to kill Bo. He didn't do it. And if it is so easy to program Steve that you can just put a tarot card up to his face like we saw last winter then if there was any doubt whether they could trust him why wouldn't they do that to make sure? Stupid plot-driven hack Hogan.

Why did they have Stefano say he didn't understand what Tony saw in Anna? Yet Stefano the day before was telling E.J. he did understand what E.J. sees in Sami? Unless it's because of the Marlena's daughter thing, I just don't get it. I love both characters and both actresses but I think most people objectively would say Anna was prettier whe she was Sami's age and just as duplicitous. I guess that could also tie into the favorite son thing though that Stefano is simply that much more forgiving of E.J.

Now that naysaying aside...

Sooooooooooooooo glad Anna is around. In one week's time she has given Roman a personality and so much depth to Tony, in addition to cracking me up in every single scene with her great one-liners and sparkling delivery. Even though I did not see her original run on Days, I expected a lot out of Anna based on the YouTube clips I saw of her and she has not disappointed me one bit. Send home Julie and Lauren and give Leann their paychecks and screen time. She deserves it.

Hooray for her and Tony giving today's show a little romance, even if they didn't appear to have put any time into the choreography for the Tony-Anna dance and the music was simply recycled from last summer's EJ and Sami tango on the pier rather than anything fresh or new. More dancing, music, candlelight and dinners and less talk about sex please, Hogan.

I think I have a lot more patience for the Nick blackmail story than most everyone here as I have a rooting interest in Kate successfully breaking up Lucas and Sami, but I just can't help getting away from the thought that Kate would make an excellent murder victim when her blackmailing of Nick is exposed. People could think Sami did it. People could think E.J. did it. People could think Stefano did it. Crazy Tony/Andre could be a suspect. People could think Roman did it if it gets him in trouble as police commander. And then maybe it will turn out Lucas did it in a fit of rage at his mother's betrayal and has framed E.J. or something and then Lucas will be off the show. A girl can dream can't she? In any event, if Kate died maybe people would start picking up on the pattern of bad things befalling people who blackmail Nick Fallon and that would teach the women of Salem to leave the kid alone.

And glad that Keith knows I'm right about Max/Stephanie. Although I feel all the people who are grossed out by it, I simply don't care enough about either character to get worked up about the uncle thing and I like the way the two actors look and interact with each other so I'm not minding this. I just wish this show could make up its mind about Max. It's dumb how they threw him into the pairing with Mimi when they knew Farah Fath was just about to leave the show and didn't give them much of a goodbye and it's dumb they threw him into the pairing with Abby when they knew Ashley Benson was just about to leave the show and didn't give Max and Abby a goodbye at all. Hmmmm... maybe if Max does get in that relationship with Stephanie she'll get killed off since he is kind of the kiss of death. Goooooooooo plane crash!

• Members

I don't think Stefano trusts Steve. He is pragmatic in understanding that, even if Steve is playing a game, Steve is giving out information as part of that game. And I think he really does want to test and try EJ - and Steve being around is a great foil to do that. And Steve may realize that about Stefano, also. They are both playing a bit of cat and mouse game with each other. At this point, they each has something to offer the other in furthering (and not harming too much) his own agenda.

• Members

I'm finally all caught up on days..And today was fan-freaking-tastic....First off thanks to the Dimera's, I'm finally enjoying the Touch the Sky storyline..having Tony and EJ involved makes the story so much more interesting..And i'm starting to warm up to Jeremy as well...In the last two episodes he's gotten much better..Don't get me wrong, he still has a lot of work to do..But he's improving...

Today's episode---

-Bo/Hope's bet---that was such a treat for the Bope fans...I'm loving Bope being so flirtatious, and the horizontal line was hilarious.. The fact that they are working together is icing on the cake...

-Steve was at his best today..I think he could have been the best part of the episode, my favorite line was when he whispered in the microphone that Tony, Anna, and Bart were sleeping like babies, then he said "i even sang em a lullaby" ....I also was cracking up at his dance...SN you rock, and its great finally seeing the real Steve Johnson. This is the Steve i remember from when i first started watching the show..

-Roman/Anna and Tony/Anna were fantastic...LH is a goldmine, the show seems so much more energized with her back..And i can say i finally enjoy Roman..the bickering at the beginning of the episode was hilarious...Anna describing to Tony about her lunch date with Roman at the Cheating Heart was classic...The dance was a nice treat for fans..but i loved when Anna thought Tony drugged her to take advantage of her..I was cracking up watching Tony and Bart pass out..

- Also great cliffhanger with Stefano catching Hope in the house...KA played that very well...

- The Roberts were also entertaining today...I enjoyed Nick going to Billie and revealing that Kate is blackmailing him..Billie revealing that its her fault was too cute..And Kate of course did what she does best, lied!!!!

- The Touch the Sky storyline was good for some light scenes today...I'm really enjoying that Max has something to do..His talk with Stephanie was nice...Also the end with Jeremy trying to use Stephanie to keep Max on board was a nice twist...And this storyline isn't as bad as people say..The dialog is just a little cheesy sometimes...

• Members

Aremid, you're a genius! I can't believe I didn't think of this angle. It's win/win. If Kate keeps up this annoying trend of meddling and blackmailing, it would be a relief to have her murdered (sorry, Lauren, love you, but this material was old five years ago). Or she could break up Sami and Lucas, one of my least favorite characters, and clear the way for a romance for Sami with the reformed and redeemed EJ that we will probably have by summer's end. Go, Kate, go! Do your worst!

• Members

For the Max/Stephanie supporters--loook at it this way. Max and Frankie were adopted BECAUSE of Kayla and Steve. So, regardless of not growing up around him, Max was alive before she was born, and would have looked at her as a niece. This is the same crap that makes me loathe Shelle. IMO, John and Roman's history is too complex and deep seated for any of their relatives to intermingle romantically. Unfortunately, most people just care about chemistry now and, it's JMO, but when a show's been around for 40 years, it really can't afford to look at things that simply.

• Members

I'll reserve judgment on the Touch the Sky stuff til I see where it goes, but otherwise another fantastic episode. Leann and Thaao have such chemistry it just oozes on screen.

Kate's blackmailing is getting old reaaaallllly quick. She deserves a better storyline than trying to come between Lucas and Sami. Although I loved the wink Billie gave Nick in the scene.

It's a great time for the DiMeras on screen. Nice job, keep it up.

• Members

I would love for Hogan to give a lesson on what incest really is. Max and Steph are not in any form or fashion subjects of incest....in my opinion. He is not blood related and the reason given for not marrying close relatives is to keep the gene pool from picking up the weakest strains to pass on. There is no way children of Max and Steph could share the same gene pool. Also, people actually fall in love without being conscientiously aware of it. Many people fall in love with someone they really don't want to, but it's something nature has in store for them. It can be risen above though and that is why I am not an advocate "to follow your heart."

I agree with all the positive comments about todays show. Loving Bo and Hope so much these days and thrilled Anna is back.

Archived