DAYS: Wednesday, June 27th

• Members

DAYS OF OUR LIVES - Wednesday, June 27th Episode Discussion

Another DiMera classic - Marlena shoots Stefano!

Yesterday...

Max learns that the DiMeras are involved with his and Jeremy's little side deal; Sami and Lucas discuss their shocking baby news; Stefano let's EJ have it

Today...

Roman and Anna are at each other's throat preceding Operation Get The Letters; Hope gets inside thanks to Steve's quick thinking; Billie attempts to nip Kate's blackmail in the bud; "Touch the Sky" takes to the sky, and Max begins to see that he's made a mistake.

DISCUSS!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought today was delicious.

My favorite was unavoidably Bo and Hope's classic bickering and flirting at the house (along with Roman and Anna's classic arrival - man, who decided to give Roman a personality again?), outside the mansion with the bet (EEE!) and then while Hope's inside and Steve arrives.

Steve's little plot was so awesome. It's inane that the DiMeras were so trusting of him, but I suppose they have no reason to believe he's been reprogrammed. Great, classic stuff between Steve and Bo, though all too brief. And then Stefano catching Hope - I love how his shock downplayed any anger. I'm sure he'll get angry soon enough, but I'm glad it wasn't instant.

I'm a little disappointed with Tony and Anna's reunion. I mean, despite what I know, I'd hoped Anna would have been a little more receptive to him and totally turned on the charm. Still, I loved it. And I love how Steve's drugging kicked in just in the nick of time.

And speaking of 'nick'... poor guy. I really wish Billie had done something a little more seriously to nip this in the bud. It's not like Kate's the only one who has friends on the hospital board, or who is even on the hospital board. He should have went straight to Marlena! Sigh. I guess it's nice that this was the most plot driven portion of the entire episode.

Even more than "Touch the Sky"! I love, love, loved Max and Stephanie's little sit down. It seems the writers know how much we loathe Stephanie and are using Max and Chelsea to showcase our disapproval. I called it yesterday - Max and Jeremy are so going to be played up as enemies. Unfortunately, I see Max/Stephanie redux coming. So uncreative, Hoagie! Especially coming from a writer who cired no incest at the very beginning. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'll certainly give the writers the chance to prove this - I mean, all the men do have brains nowadays (mind you, they don't all know how to use them, but, hey, they are men). Time will tell, but I definitely see what Aremid was talking about the other day and I'm not liking it. They've played up Kayla and Max's relationship up too much for me, sorry.

Jett and Chelsea stuff was fairly lame, even though I see the supposed dramatic potential with that double date.

• Members

I must know who wrote this script. I cackled at the first line exchange, because it was just too priceless and too true!! And the second one was just a hoot. Oh man. Their dialogue was just to die for. As was hers with Tony. Leann really is just a breath of fresh air on this show!

• Members

Today was a superb show. The script was really good.

I will start off with the Bo/Hope/Tony/Anna/Roman stuff. I loved the bet between Bo and Hope and their little back and forths. Hope's horizontally busy line was hilarious. This is classic Bo and Hope. I also loved the Roman and Anna exchange and their scenes at Bo and Hope's. Roman has personality again and I like it. LeAnn needs a contract STAT!!

Tony and Anna's reunion was great in my view. The charm was there in regards to both of them and the dancing...it was like old times. The way Tony held her down and warned her not to lie to him was a chilling moment and then the drugs kicked in right on time. I loved Steve too. He was hilarious dancing around and I liked his plan to drug the wine. I can buy that the Dimera's trust him enough to have him there. They don't know if he was de-programmed and he did prove his loyalty. Whatever the case, we had classic Steve and Bo today. Loved the end with Stefano catching Hope. Good cliffhanger. Tony, Anna, and Bart all laying on each other was hilarious. I loved Hope taking a picture of them too.

I was glad Nick told Billie and I wish Billie would just tell Lucas. Kate needs to go down and I mean hard. She never has gotten what's coming to her and Sami has several times. It's her turn. I just love how quick Kate turned back into a bitch as soon as Billie left. Good seeing Billie and Kate back in the mix though. Pinson looks great.

I like Max and Jeremy as rivals. It's making this interesting. I would like Max to have a story though. I don't see Max/Stephanie II coming. I just think he is her sounding board. Hogan wouldn't go back on that. I would be shocked. I do like Chelsea/Jett and I don't mind a triangle there with Nick. The airline stuff was not as bad with all the vet stuff mixed in with it.

Great show. Can't wait for tomorrow.

• Members

Did you notice the longing way Max was looking at Stephanie while she walked away at the beginning of the show? Please, Hogan, I pray. Do not go back to the incest fest in Salem. Hogan gave us such hope that we would never have to go back to that. Just bring Abby's little behind back, with Ashley Benson, if possible or a new actress, or give Emily Montague a contact, BUT as a different character.

EEEE! I love Roman and Anna! :D They are so cute together. And I agree with Keith, Roman's got his personality back. It's been gone for years. It's nice to see it back. Roman is crazy about Anna and she brings out a side of him we haven't seen in a long time. I don't think even Marlena could make Roman act this way. Anna DiMera is truly one of a kind. :)

• Members

Max and Stephanie really don't bother me as a couple. It was weirder last year, when they did a love triangle with Max's two adopted nieces. that was a bit much. But if Holden and Lily can be a couple on As the World turns, then there's no reason Max and Stephanie can't do it. it's pretty much the same scenario.

But the only way it would work is if it caught both of them off-guard. What bugged me out last year was the way Max aggressively flirted with Chelsea and Stephanie, and vice versa. that made it SOOOO much worse. But if Max and Steph were to fall in love over time, surprising even themselves, it would be a different story.

• Members

But the thing that makes Max and Stephanie different from Holden and Lily, is that Holden and Lily fell in love before they found out they were related. Max has known all along about Kayla's daughter, and for him to develop feelings for her, that's sick.

• Members

Point well taken, Drew. Can't really argue with that. :P I don't know. I know that technically, I should be really grossed out at the idea. But for some reason, it doesn't rub me the wrong way. I've been more skeeved out by weird family connections on other soaps. this one doesn't really bother me.

HOWEVER, that being said, there would have to be some serious evolution in the character of Stephanie before anything happens. As of now, Max (and Darin) deserve better.

• Members

Eh, the important thing is they aren't BIOLOGICALLY related. Iva Snyder, Lily's mother is an ADOPTED Snyder, therefore Lily wasn't technically a Snyder and she didn't even know she was adopted at the time she met Holden.

Max is an ADOPTED Brady, if he wants to pursue Stephanie, I could care less. However, they just went through this whole thing where Max confessed that Abby was the one he really loved, it would be weird to rush anything with him.

• Members

I agree with most of the other posters--NO to Stephanie and Max. Ick. I just don't like it at all, and Hogan was so vocal in his feelings on this that I can't believe he'll re-visit this relationship.

One thing today bugged me, and it was a little thing but still...Stephanie and Billie were wearing the same earrings. And they were ugly. Big ugly hoops.

Loved Bo/Hope's flirtiness and Anna and her men. I haven't enjoyed Roman this much in years! Of course, Anna and Tony were just classic. Steve was hilarious again and it was nice to have the scene with Bo. Those two guys are so great together; I wish we would get more scenes like that.

So tired of Kate and her schemes. She needs her comeupannce and she needs it NOW!

Archived