ATWT: Tuesday June 26 Episode

• Members

Thanx for the birthday wishes P.J! Watching the CARJACK scenes made it a whole lot better. Boy, I'm sorry but Jack has got it bad for Carly. Although he won't admit it. I really love the family scenes between the kids and carjack. Usually the kids bring the story down but not in this case at all. You can just see Carly coming to terms with everything that she's given up...namely her family. I don't feel like it's rushed at all because we've been waiting for over a year for the real Carly to come back to us on our screens. Now if the real Jack could just resurface all would be great in Oakdale. lol

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really liked the scenes between Jack and Holden. Granted, they were Meg (ew!) related but they had some nice cousin interaction.

:rolleyes: at the Cliff stuff. Lucinda REALLY needs to STFU. I can't believe she's relying on an insignificant rat like Meg to get back WW.

• Members

Just watched the show and what a great show, I really enjoyed it, are we sure JP is still writing this show?? the last 7 shows have been great. I really enjoyed all of the cliff stuff, it could have been somewhat better but still really good action scenes. Totally loved Cleo and Jade. Loved seeing Noah again, I like that we found out about his father somewhat. I also loved the business stuff with Lily and Carly and love that there friendship was back again, and loved all of the family scenes today, Jack and Holden, and also Carly/Jack/The kids.

I hope you feel better soon Ron.

• Members

Thats what I think. Carly is settling....which is pretty pathetic really. I think its perfectly reasonable and possible for Jack and Carly to work together to heal the rift in their family without magically falling in love within the span of a week. Add to the fact that Simon isn't here (because of PL's short term contract) this plot seems more contrived by the moment. Since she can't have Simon and since she wants her kids to be happy I think Carly is willing to settle for her lackluster home life with boring old Jack. Its an already prepared package. A formula thats worked (some of the time) and she just wants to get back into a routine I think.

But like I mentioned early since Simon isn't here theres really nothing else they can do romantically with woman. Its just sad that the writers couldn't even be more original and come up with something that both reunites her with her kids and allows her to have some self respect. Instead we have Carly begging Jack for forgiveness and making his "favorite brownies" out of nowhere.

• Members

Well, I didn't hear anything that sounded like Carly was "settling" for anything. If I have to live with the fact she "doesn't regret" anything she had with Simon.....I guess I'll leap for joy when she says her connection with Jack is deeper and more meaningful.

• Members

That big smile Carly had on her face when just talking about Jack with Lily e to me she's not seattling for nothing with Jack. Simon was just a fling to her just like Craig,Brad and Hal was.

Funny part was when Lily brought up Simon to Carly she said I never regret what I had with him BUT Jack.She didn't waste 3 seconds talking about Simon.lOL

• Members

Interpret that how you want but I think its clear that the big smile was about Carly finally feeling like things are starting to look up for her. She got a new job client. Parker has finally forgiven her and is now starting to reconnect with her. JJ and Sage are seeing her more often. And on top of that shes free thanks to Simon. So as much as you want to believe that Simon was a fling thats just as far from the truth as you can be. The only reason the writers are going this route and making Simon seem like an afterthought is because they HAVE TO.

PL is gone. And only PL can play Simon the way he was meant to be. So with him gone what else are they going to? Well yeah theres Jack of course...

And Jack didn't waste anytime leaving Carly's home and calling Katie too. IF they're going to go ahead and forcefeed us CarJack at least make it believeable. Carly has lost all her wits and senses in the span of a week and is suddenly making brownies for Jack? Okay....next thing you know she'll be bringing back that old solo chair that belonged to Jack and Jack only.

Its amazing how much stuff Jack gets away with. Such a manipulator.

• Members

Well, given the fact that the writers knew from day ONE that Paul Leyden was only gonna be around for six months, I highly doubt they were going for some life long, true love forever, soulmates relationship between him and Carly. No, this whole silly Carly/Simon contrived romance was just a way to provide a six month showcase for Paul Leyden, then when six months were up, that was it! It's bad enough they wrote Carly into such a horrible corner that it seemed almost impossible for us to ever forgive her or like her again, so it is a relief to hear them finally let the character say SOMETHING that will free her from that madness and allow her to reconnect in a believable way with her family.

Carly got caught up in all Simon's madness at the most vulnerable point in her life and before she realized it, she'd let him drag her into a life of crime while at the same time convince her that as long as they were having "fun", it doesn't matter what they do. Carly convinced herself that she couldn't be a good person because being good was just too hard, that it's more fun to lie than to tell the truth because Simon said so. So, for Carly to finally be coming out of her Simon induced fog and seeing just how low she had sunk and just how much she hurt her family, it's a very good thing. And no, she's not settling for second best anything. She's just putting her mistakes in perspective, apologizing for them, and trying to reclaim her life and reunite her family.

• Members

Let's NOT forget that Carly is FREE thanks as much to JACK'S efforts as Simon's. It was Jack's plan that allowed them to escape in the first place. And it was Jack's refusing to testify that got her out of jail when she returned.

Funny how when Carly wasn't denying her feelings for Simon, she was smart and sane. NOW that she's not denying her feelings for Jack, she's "lost her wits in a week."

And I don't get what the big deal is about the brownies. She obviously made them before she knew Jack was staying at the cookout. And the potato salad is Parker's favorite too. She made her brownies, her potato salad, and her family likes them. THE SHOCK! It's not some sinister "Let's show Carly as some barefoot little Wifey for Jack" plot.

• Members

Simon and Carly were the ones that were forcefeed to us. The had their funny moments but that's it. Of course Jack called Katie right away. He knows he still has a lot of love/feelings/ for Carly. And he is trying to deny what he is feeling for her again. He just wont open up his heart completely to Carly. I dont see him as being a manipulater. He was a manipulator when he was bullying Carly around about the kids.

• Members

Jack only saved Carly for the kids and he admitted plainly to Carly. Simon saved Carly because he loved her.

And yes shes losts her wits because these feelings for Jack were never there to start with a few weeks ago. Theres been absolutely no building toward this moment.

And yes I think the brownies are big deal.

• Members

Oh, come on. Jack only saved Carly for the kids' sake? Yeah, right...because Jack's never told Carly he wasn't going to help her, and then turned around and did it anyway when push came to shove.

Those "feelings" of love for Jack NEVER went away. They kept saying it over and over since the break up, and even as Carly was being hauled off to be deported (supposedly) she told Jack she NEVER stopped loving him. She told Simon she'd ALWAYS love Jack, even as she sat in the airplane with him escaping. Don't rewrite history. Or at least expect me to overlook it.

• Members

I'm not rewriting history. I'm saying that they're not in TRUE LOVE. Theres a difference. Carly feels love for different people in different ways. Her love for Jack is different and special. She said so just a few days ago and I agree. However I happen to believe that her love for Simon is even more special and unique. Its true love at its greatest because they accepted and truly loved each not in spite of their of faults/flaws but because of them.

And as for rewriting history the show clearly made Jackass say that he did it for the kids. Not because of any lingering feelings he has for Carly. So you saying that its because of her is you trying to change facts I think.

So to me the feelings that existed between Jack and Carly are gone and they can never reach the level of hotness that Simon and Carly had for the few meager months I felt blessed to enjoy with them last year. There will always been warmth. There will always be love between them but more in a famial type way.

• Members

Simon and Carly...TRUE LOVE??? Not by a long shot. Not even close. Their "love" was never even tested! Carly kept forgiving him, and Simon kept screwing up. And when push came to shove, Carly didn't believe Simon was coming back for her.

As far as Jack goes, his actions speak louder than his words. He put his butt on the line for Carly, and he didn't have to. Carly wasn't expecting him to. Of course he's got "lingering feelings" for Carly....rewatch the scene where he shows up at Katie's door before their first boink. He's freakin' devastated at the thought Carly's "still in love" with Simon. He's at Katie's because he's tired of being alone, and he's trying to convince himself it's time to "move on".

Rewriting history is like when Katie still "had feelings" for Simon (after two previous times of "ending it" with him) so much so that she doubted if she should have married Mike. Carly and Jack being attracted to each other, after months of saying they still loved each other, but couldn't make a marriage work, isn't "rewriting" anything.

As for "hot"....nothing beats Carjack...EVER.

Archived