• Members

Here are my thoughts on the show...

First off...it's obvious why six out of the nine people are from Texas, they're doing a big story line in Branson for Gwen and they'll have all the kids going to cheer her on.

Justin? Why the hell would you bring him back??? He looks wierd, he acts wierd, he's just plain wierd! I was rooting for him the first season but there's a reason why he was kicked off.

Plus they have a 34 year old British MOM...wtf, are these kids going to be suckin on her saggy tatas? Marry Poppins my arse! If she's so good then try out for a way better show like EastEnders! She's 34 and The Real World wannabees are just out numbering her.

I'm surprised they didn't cast LML to make the show suck even more...wtf is that Kojo looking VP of Daytime doing as a judge? He needs to go back to his fake tan salon and rehire some new head writers for his shows!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Excuse, me but half the problem with this stupid casting stunt is the insistence on casting people barely out of their teens. And you have a problem with a 34-year old, just why, exactly? Did making inferences about her breasts convince you that she has no talent? Damn, if you actually got a role on the show, how could you respect Ellen Dolan and Elizabeth Hubbard as your coworkers? If this gimmick is an excuse to create another go-nowhere character like Elwood, I'll pass. ATWT could have spent the money on a real opening sequence instead.

• Members

No no no...I wasn't insulting the lady because she's old, I'm saying that she doesn't belong. Yeah maybe the "breast" reference wasn't called for but it's just wierd seeing the major age difference.

If I were selected I would have loved to work with the greats because they would be so amazing and such an inspiration to me. Another thing, why are all the people on the show such egomaniacs? Especially the guys! Did Ian coach the second guy interviewed?

• Members

I could act better than some of those guys up there! Justin got a black and white picture of Bob and Kim and started talking about his sister's baby. I don't know what the hell was going on with that, could have been a lot better! I like the English woman, she is funny and can act. I just don't know where any of these guys will fit it with the soap though. :(

• Members

I just wish they'd stop this stunt casting CRAP, period. It was obviously invented to capitalize on "I Wanna Be a Soapstar", and to try and connect with a younger demo via the internet. I haven't watched it, I didn't watch it last "season", and I think it's a huge waste of time and resources for ATWT.

If they must do some kind of "reality" show, I'd MUCH rather see the behind the scenes look at a seriously cast role, instead of this "prize" role that doesn't amount to anything.

• Members

No 34 is not old, besides she's doing well so far. So the age really doesn't matter in this case. Didn't get why Justin of all people got to come back, it was the right choice to send him home. Wouldn't hurt if that Natlaie character was kicked off ASAP too, she's really something. :rolleyes:

• Members

This season has been good so far in terms of entertainment value. I don't like the idea of casting a character on ATWT with this method, but if I can get past that, it's a way better casting reality show than I Wanna Be A Soap Star.

It's obviously a gimmick to make some extra dough and hopefully lure a few new fans.

Last season, fans picked Elwood, the non-model type and they used him as a nerd and never really developed his character, even though he's still around. If a "hunk" had won, I bet we would have seen him non-stop.

If they wanted to do something useful in the reality space, they should hire the next headwriter of ATWT through any means necessary.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

So yeah I'll admit that I've been watching this netshow or if you can call it that. I think that Loretta should have gone home, she failed, and if you don't do well then you go. You usually don't get a second chance. Seeing Natalie gone really made me angry. She was a vilain and of course she wasn't going to win but now that she's gone who's going to terroize the house?

Plus, I felt bad for her when they were making fun of her because of her exit. Though I would have liked to see some sort of tears come out of her, I did not like her exit speech!

I really don't have a favorite because I can't see any of them as a character on ATWT.

Archived