DAYS: Wednesday, June 20th

• Members

Yesterday...Bo reluctantly agreed that he and Hope would face Stefano themselves... Nick ended things with Chelsea... Jeremy tempted Max with a dirty deal...and John began arrangements for a family meeting at the Pub...
Today...Roman questions the DiMeras...Sami and Lucas go to the pier...Nick and Chelsea talkAs for the classic clip... Anna freaks out while Tony and Andre are trapped in quicksand!
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Discuss!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some great stuff today. Even if it is only Josh Taylor, it was great to see Roman and Stefano going head-to-head once more. The dialogue for this pair was to die for. And even better was Stefano's discussion with Tony. Loved Tony's mention to being so far removed fromt he DiMera family and his having friends until he was pulled into Stefano's world. Great nod to history.

The cop outside Sami and Lucas' apartment annoyed the plunk out of me. What, is she under house arrest? Lucas is the one who wanted protection for his wife, yet he can't decide to take her out somewhere? That whole spiel was beyond contrived, and obvious used to extend a certain return. I loved when the veiled woman arrived. So exciting.

Comparatively, could care less about everything else. I so prefer Darin's slim, swimmer's build to the jacked Marcus and Trevor. Yay for real bodies! It was nice to see Max have a return to his player routes. Darin seemed like he was havign fun today. Did like his line wondering if anyone had something good to say about Jeremy.

And this Nick and Chelsea stuff is so immature. They both need to talk through their BS beore they hit the sheets like that. How is the writing so unbalanced? Any characters not involved in this set gets beautiful writing, and this set is practically The O.C., minus any adult characters.

• Members

Nick and Chelsea are being butchered. I like both of the characters and the actors who play them, but they have been written so bipolar I just don't care AT ALL if they ever get together. I guess they did at the end of the episode though? Doubt we'll ever see them do it though since this show has no beds.

Beach Blanket Bingo needs to stop.

Anna's return is being dragged out too long. The garbage bag thing was on Monday, right? Why did they let us hear Anna's voice but not show her face at the end? Lame. Just get on with it.

Yay for Tony and Stefano arguing, although I wish we could get some explanation for why Stefano went soft. I think Tony being as evil and crazy as he is does make sense given all that has gone down over the years to make him a bitter and frustrated man, but I worry that Hogan doesn't know the real Stefano. I mean before he needed a kidney transplant he was ordering EJ to kill John, Bo and Steve yet now he wants to let bygones be bygones? I need a little something more here.

• Members

Good show except for the 20somethings, and unfortunately they were half of the show today. I have zero interest in their story and even Chelsea and Nick, who used to be cute and adorable, are being ruined by awful writing for an awful storyline. And yet the Dimera/Brady story has wonderful, clever dialogue and a real direction.

Stefano does seem to have gone soft, but because Tony has made so many mentions of it I think there's a point to it--maybe it's a ruse, for some ulterior purpose only Stefano knows about? I hope it's not just another case of multiple personality disorder. We've had too much of that lately, what with Stephanie's personality doing a 180 and Chelsea and Nick's circular relationship.

• Members

I loved the little bit of Anna.

But hated the beach crap so much I just about wanted to get violent with whoever was responsible for it. This version of Stephanie gets more annoying every time I see her.

Now they have an already annoyingly written Jeremy because he's so arrogant and obnoxious also being a slutty ho of a cheat. At least that blonde bimbo he was cheating with seemed to be a rocket scientist in comparison with the way they're writing this Stephanie. But this Stephanie is still way too annoying a Valley Girl to ever be tolerable.

So they juxtapose some good Dimera stuff with all that horrible beach crap. I can't figure out what they're trying to prove.

And after all this time I still can't see why they brought Nick in and tried to foist him off on the audience without showing his parents and trying to ease him in after we saw the much more interesting parents. I just don't think I like the Nick character (but I do like the actor who can actually act unlike someone else.)

• Members

At this point I'd rather see the cop who's guarding Sami play Jeremy than the annoying "Ken Doll" who's playing him now.....

I just watched the clip Keith posted, and saw Don Diamont who I never knew was on Days. He looked stone faced even back then, and even more so now since his face is pumped full of botox......

• Members

It was a pretty good show today.

I have to disagree about the writing of Nick and Chelsea. I thought it was good today the way Nick said he wants her by his side in 10 years and so on. They are acting their age. I don't like Jeremy either (even though he was hardly on today) but the rest of the 20 somethings are acting their age. It's annoying but that is what people this age do. I like Jett and can't wait to see where they go with him. The writing for Stephanie is improving IMO and I wonder what she will do when she learns Jeremy is cheating on her. Darin clearly had fun today and I hope we see more of him. His talk with Chelsea was nice and the return of his playboy side was fun.

I did not like not seeing Chelsea/Nick make love. I don't care about seeing the whole event but show us something. We have no clue if they even went that far or not but whatever. Their scenes were good.

The cop with Sami and Lucas was funny. I am so glad to see Lucas being less annoying and working with Sami. The return is not being dragged out. Really, it only began today with the woman showing up. You can't count Monday and Tuesday with the disk and clock. The show is moving fast enough. It can't possibly go any faster without being a mess. Good ending with the reveal. Keeps people on the edge.

Tony, Stefano, and Roman was my favorite. JT handled it well. Good dialogue and I loved how Tony noted how the vendetta changed him. Interesting. That and Stefano laying into Tony (I was surprised Tony was behind Lexie's disappearance) and Tony going off on Stefano about how much he has changed was good. I have a feeling Stefano is up to something. That look on his face after Tony said that was a hint I think.

Tomorrow and Friday look AMAZING!!

• Members

I was really distracted when I was watching DAYS today so I'm going to go back and watch it on the DVR sometime tonight. I didn't catch the "10 year" part of Chelsea and Nick's discussion that PhoenixRising referred to. Most of my complaints about Chelsea/Nick refer to last week, when everything seemed to be fine between them at the police station and then she starts crying on Jett's shoulder and bringing up the Billie situation again. I really thought that was in the past. And it seemed like a lot of drama over a couple missed calls, but they are really young and sometimes things get blown out of proportion.

I wasn't surprised that Tony was behind Lexie's imprisonment in the tunnels. I KNEW Stefano would never do that to his Alexandra; however, I do believe he's up to something. Great dialogue with Tony/Stefano and also with Roman.

Archived