DAYS: Now Available on Itunes

• Members

No because Kevin was fired because of the problems with the primetime line-up. Plus, considering that Jeff Zucker, Kevin's boss, came up through the ranks via The Today Show, he probably feels the same way. I don't think Kevin would have said what he said unless he heard it from someone over him.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh. More instability. Another new direction, smack dab in the middle of a giant summer storyline. Another six months of transitional phases. I don't trust Corday to fill these positions with anyone worth the titles.

Steve Wyman, I'm indifferent to. However, if he's really had a big pull in casting (Jeremy, anyone?) and storyline direction over the last several months, I'll be happy to see him go. Take your special effects machine with you!

Hogan Sheffer... I'm iffy about getting rid of him, especially now that the show is picking up.

I'm very uneasy about all of this.

• Members

I do have to say, though... it amuses me that Mahaney comes out with this information only after it's already been speculated by the rest of the web. I could've posted the same damn thing, then when it doesn't come to pass, just say that "Things changed, Hogan and Corday made up..." Or if it actually happened, it would look as if I really knew some sh!t.

I'm still annoyed by the comment that there would be a scene during the week of June 4th that viewers would want to "rewind to watch over and over again." He/she then confirmed, on his/her own private forums, that the scene was Willow "falling to her death." We already knew about Willow! LoL Why disguise a spoiler that's already public knowledge as some sort of big secret? Besides, Willow didn't really fall to her death... she just tipped over and hit her head. Even then, the "falling to her death" spoiler (whose wording is arguable) was already spoiled elsewhere on the web, several days before.

I do think that Mahaney gets pieces of inside information from time to time, but he/she also likes to take credit for much more than they should receive credit for.

• Members

DAYS would be insane to let Hogan go. Yes, January-May has been horrible, but according to Hogan, there was an outside factor making him write what he was writing. If what Hogan said wasn't true, where is Corday's interview, saying that Hogan is a liar? Hogan is not a bad writer when he gets to write the show his own way. He proved that in October-December, and now he's starting to prove that again. Hogan has been the biggest breath of fresh air on this show since B&C, and I for one, do not want Hogan to leave.

As for Steve Wyman, I don't really care if he goes or not. Yes, he has a lot of history with this show and that is important. But if it gets rid of all of those special effects endings, tehn ADIOS! :D

• Members

DAYS would be insane to let Hogan go. Yes, January-May has been horrible, but according to Hogan, there was an outside factor making him write what he was writing. If what Hogan said wasn't true, where is Corday's interview, saying that Hogan is a liar? Hogan is not a bad writer when he gets to write the show his own way. He proved that in October-December, and now he's starting to prove that again. Hogan has been the biggest breath of fresh air on this show since B&C, and I for one, do not want Hogan to leave.

As for Steve Wyman, I don't really care if he goes or not. Yes, he has a lot of history with this show and that is important. But if it gets rid of all of those special effects endings, tehn ADIOS! :D

• Members

I agree with everyone who says now is not a good time to change headwriters. Days has really picked up these last few weeks. Maybe HS can get some new co head writers? a la Brash, Cwickly( who just left Y&R) and Beth as his co HW's and this show would rock. Throw Ed Scott in the mix( who left Y&R recently too) and Days would be the best show out there.

• Members

Yesterday's episode just showed up on itunes. And in the description, they say Lucas was sprayed with pepper spray from Bart's gun. So it seems like somehow they're getting summaries that detail story points possibly cut out/edited from the show.

interesting.

• Members

Yeah, I know. I saw it, and assumed it was that or mace or something. Sorry, didn't mean to imply that scene was totally cut out or anything. I brought it up because a lot of posters kept making fun of it, Lucas reacting like that to water. And I don't remember them specifically saying it was pepper spray in the dialogue. I'm curious if anything else that doesn't make it to the final cut (in terms of details like that, in spoken dialogue) will show up in the iTunes summary. Maybe whole scenes cut for time? It'll be interesting to see.

• Members

Finally saw the previews, and tomorrow looks good. Today wasn't BAD bad, but the teen stuff could be toned down (read: disappear). With Doug/Julie and Bope at Doug's Place, Steve/Adrienne and and Steve/Jeremy bitch-out, some Chick angst and some Phelle-ness, it looks like it could be good. :)

Archived