DAYS: Now Available on Itunes

• Members

I am not disagreeing with none of you but why would ken corday sell his parents show. Days of our lives is his parents(ted and betty) corday's baby.

If days gets picked up by ABC in the furture, which i do look for to happening why cant corday still be the owner of days while on ABC. I rather have ken corday in charge of days then Fronz, yea corday lies but right now Days Of Our Lives is the most insteresting soap on TV. Ken knows how to be a EP, look back in the 90's,Ken corday was in charge in the 90's and look how great days was. Look how boring the abc shows are in the exception of general hospital because GH is the best ABC soap, but days was boring from feb-march on nbc. I dont care if abc picks it up or cbs i dont care i just want my soap to cont, i do think abc will pick up days in the furture, having both my soaps on the same network, Days and GH would be awesome that means higher ratings for ABC if they pick up days. Who cares if days is the 3 highest priced soap, for abc it would be a great investment because days has a great head writer in hogan sheffer and he can write, his writing is back, it feels like sep-dec again. Days is climbing back up in the ratings and they are not stopping. If hogan keeps this up, he will get days in top 3 in ratings and if he keeps up his consistent writing, he will keep days in their when it times in 2009, to ether renew with nbc or find a new network and they wont have no problem. This is days of our lives, they can do it they always do. come on if passions found a home on directTv then days can find a home on a network channel most likely abc. Days has really improved.

i do agree, days of our lives is not going anyway in 2009, they may leave nbc but ether cbs or abc will pick them up. I rather abc because they like to focus on the teens/younger set too but with cbs they like the older generation. Dont get me wrong i still want bo and hope in storylines in the furture, im not that crazy about john and marlena but the fab 4 has plenty of their storylines in the past, its now time to move over for awhile for nick and chelsea.

but i am glad that full episodes will be on itunes, so i can now put them on my ipod, watch it in school next year at lunch time and study hall lol.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

The first name that popped into my mind was Ed Scott. I really hope that he (or anybody else) replaces Stephen Wyman.

If Ed Scott came to DAYS, I could see him wanting to take down Y&R and stick it to Lynn Latham.

Could Corday repeat history by bringing in another Y&R exec to DAYS? I hope so!

• Members

True, but a lot of people don't know about those. Some people who have ITUNES might be like..."Oh, DAYS. I used to watch that. I can get into it again now!" Not every soap fan is fan enough to track down message boards and websites and things like SON and these sites.

I hope it has nothing to do with HOAGIE!!!!!! He is just getting his footing there, I feel like.

Sony can't oust Corday somehow can they? Maybe Wyman will be on his way out.

It sounded like this was a very Sony-P.O.V. article so I am assuming Sony are the people who said a shake up is coming.

• Members

What if Corday stepped down as EP to focus on the business of Corday Productions, then promoted Steve Wyman to EP? It would get Wyman away from that dadblasted special effects machine, and he knows the show's history inside and out. It could be a win/win :)

• Members

I've always been weary of that statement, GBB. People said the same thing about Higley in 03. Corday is better advised bringing in someone with a proven track-record of success (preferably on DAYS). Shelley Curtis is a name that springs to mind, though I think she may have retired. Another option is to make Beth Milstein the EP. She was an associate producer throughout the 80's.

• Members

Hoagie's not an exec, though. He's a writer, that's creative. This seems to indicate a business change. That says to be Corday, Wyman, or some other kind of producer or consultant.

If ever Corday is replaced, Milstein would be the best choice. Just look how she fixed things under Reilly as HW. She obviously knows what works for the show and what doesnt'.

• Members

My first thought went to Steve Wyman, and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. I've never heard anyone behind the scenes say a bad word about him, but how fantastic can he really be if he's responsible for those wretched special effects at the end of each episode? That alone wants me to see him fired, but at the same time, the thought of Days getting rid of everyone familiar to it is scary. I don't want to rid the show of a few annoyances just to rid it of all familiarity, too.

• Members

Nope. I'm actually hoping Wyman is dismissed as producer. He was too close to Reilly, and he and Corday are actually part of the problem and not the solution. But it was a good thought.

I also think Hogie shouldn't be cut loose so quickly. He's showing signs he gets it.

• Members

Great news, Itunes is hugely popular...and i'm glad Days is getting in on that..I'm going on a two week trip to Europe in September and probably won't record Days when i'm gone, as i don't want to fill up my DVR (especially with the fall shows starting)...maybe i'll buy the eps on Itunes when i get back....

• Members

That's what I thought too. I bet Ed Scott may be coming to DAYS. I think he'd be very good for the show. I sure hope DAYS' ratings jump up quite a bit and eventually they beat AMC in the ratings, and a constant Top 5 show. I'd like for DAYS to stay on NBC. I really don't want any of ABC's soaps axed for DAYS, especially ONE LIFE or GH. I really don't think CBS would take DAYS on either. I think GL is the only possible soap on GL to be axed by CBS to make room for DAYS and I really don't think that'll happen either unless GL's ratings were to drop worse than they are now and stay around the same #'s.

Archived