DAYS: Now Available on Itunes

• Members

ICAM. Hogan's the reason I'm actually giving Days a chance. If he goes, then I'll most likely quit Days. The writing is only good due to Hogan. I have confidence in him to bring Days to being one of the top 3 soaps. He's writing powerful current/future couples (Nick/Chelsea, EJami, etc.). That will be lost if he goes. I see he loves these two couples individually and together. The writing showss it. Not only that, but I'm actually watching EVERY scene. Again, they are crazy to let Hogan go.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's cool it will be downloadable. I hope it doesn't hurt the ratings. I think the more things like this are used, the moe the ratings get stretched out. Either way, I think networks have to adjust their expectations of neilson ratings with so many new ways to watch things now.

I hope it's Ed Scott going to Days. I doubt Hogan is out. I read his SOD interview and it sounded like he is making plans beyond summer. I took the wording of this article to mean an EP would go and that means goodbye to Wyman. I had a feeling Wyman had more control recently. Corday used to do the same thing with Langan. It's why he never knows what to say or what is going on. He doesn't lie...he just doesn't know. I think he is out, which is good if the SFX get canned.

I like Beth as a writer but as a EP full-time? I don't know. She's great but tad overrated based on her 2 month stint recently IMO. I still like Ed Scott. Hell, I would make Sheri Anderson a EP before Beth. I am sure it could be Wyman gone and Scott in due to the Sony connection but we'll see. The new daytime exec for Sony worries me but I am happy Sony is trying to stay in soaps and is trying to make things better.

• Members

Ed Scott's like 66, I remember hearing he's like 15 years older than Melody, who is 51. So, if any predictable announcement is made on his part, it's probably about his retirement.

Not to mention, everything has been rumors thus far about his departure from Y&R and he is still credited on the show.

• Members

I agree letting Hogan go is not the answer. I know a lot of people think he is the worse HW ever but if you watch mulitple soaps and compare him to other HW's, you know he is not the worse. He doesn't even come close to being the worse.

• Members

Steve Kent to head Sony suds

Exec tapped for daytime dramas position

By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

Posted: Mon., Jun. 11, 2007, 8:48pm PT

Sony Pictures TV has tapped Steve Kent to head its daytime dramas as senior exec vice president of programming.

Kent will oversee Sony's "The Young and the Restless" and "Days of Our Lives," as well as program extensions, and develop new serialized skeins.

He'll report to Sony Pictures TV prexy Steve Mosko, who announced the appointment on Monday.

"Steve has done a phenomenal job working with our producers to make our daytime dramas financially efficient and technically state of the art," Mosko said. "With his incredible experience with serialized programming here and around the world, he's an expert in the field in every way."

Kent most recently oversaw worldwide development and production of local language productions -- in addition to scripted and non-scripted formats -- as senior exec VP of international production at Sony Pictures TV Intl.

Kent first joined Sony in 1996 as VP of production at Columbia TriStar TV, where he worked on shows such as "Dawson's Creek." He oversaw Spanish-language development and production at the studio, particularly for Telemundo, which was once co-owned by Sony.

The exec's credits include scoring three Emmys for his work as supervising producer on the NBC sudser "Santa Barbara."

Read the full article at:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117966727.html

Archived